Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Wintergreen

Wintergreen, I wonder why I have never heard of this for being a NBE herb
February 25 2006 at 3:34 AM Sunset (no login)
Hi everyone. I was looking in this herb book my mom let me borrow. It is written by Michael&Janet Weiner its called Herbs that heal.

Any how I was looking in the index and happend to find a catogory called
Breasts,milk Secretion(to increase)
and uder that it listed WINTERGREEN! I have not heard NOTHING about this before while researching NBE.(untill now)
Any how it says it has been used to promote menstruation and increase milk production in nursing mothers. I was quite proud of my findings since I have heard no one mention this at all. Have or are any of you taking this in your routines?

Any how some other good things about it:
drinking wintergreen tea can treat paralysis,chronic diarrhea.
And external application can be used in the treatment of body aches and pains. (probably due to the methyl salicylate contained in the oil)

It also says wintergreen leaves were official in the u.s. pharmacopoeia from 1820-1894. OIL of wintergreen is still listed for its astringent,diuretic,and stimulant properties.

I hope some of you find this info usefull, it could be the "missing link"..

Steph
(no login)
Thanks for sharing Sunset:-)
February 25 2006, 3:44 AM

I have recently been looking into this type of area as well,Ive lumped it in with Cinnamin oil and other simulars due to their ability to increase circulation and stimulate.So yah I think its atleast worth further study.

Sunset
(no login)
Yep
February 25 2006, 3:52 AM

I havent looked it up on the net yet, I am sure I can go way more in depth on a good web site about it.

And you know what is strange? It DID NOT list fenugreek under the breast enlargement catagory! It said NOTHING about circulation,stimulating, breast milk-NOTHING. I found that very odd considering EVERYWHERE else I have read about fenugreek says it does.

As a matter of fact it only listed 2 herbs for that which are wintergreen and fennel. I wonder why?

Steph
(no login)
We'll keep in touch on this one and..
February 25 2006, 4:16 AM

One more tid-bit I didnt mention,winter green (or peppermint)is used in lip "enhancement" preperations as well,I believe it has "plumping" effects probly due to the increased circulation as I mentioned above. SugarQ,have u looked into the "mints" and "hot" herbs yet?? Gosh listen to US,like BE researchers for companies havnt already probly researched all this ALREADY..LOL,who knows- just maybe all this will lead somewhere...some day:-)

Sunset
(no login)
I think its cool
February 25 2006, 4:24 AM

I know it's all been around for years, but really it's all new to me, and THAT is what is exciting, dont you think?

Here are some other benefits to wintergreen:
Amenorrhea,Acute breathing disorders,backache,colds,corns,earache,fevers,gout,hangover,headaches,kidney ailments,lumbago,muscle-joint-nerve pain,rheumatism,sciatica,sore throat, stamache ache.

WINTERGREEN OIL CAN BE EXTREMLY TOXIC!
4-6 GRAMS OF PURE WINTERGREEN OIL CAN BE FATAL!
to read more side effects, or more about wintergreen check out this site:
www.florahealth.com

Steph
(no login)
Re: I wonder why I have never heard of this for being a NBE herb
February 25 2006, 4:37 AM

Sunset,I wanted to tell u that I think its great that ur so new to BE and already trying to learn so much and share useful info,that shows a really positive attitude and thats what u need to grow,in NBE and LIFE!

SugarQ
(no login)
Hi steph
February 25 2006, 4:48 AM

i heard about using mint tooth paste and i have heard about black spruce ...

"Ms. Catty recommends Black Spruce hydrosol to revive the adrenals in times of stress, and as a compress to ease painful and inflamed joints. She also recommends a spritzer of black spruce and peppermint hydrosols to tone the breasts...to "add visibly and not insignificantly to both the size and the tone of the breast tissue". I'd love feedback from someone who tries this. "
http://www.naturesgift.com/hydrosol/sprucehydrosol.htm

I heard about cayenne pepper the beboard. one member was taking it with her NBE herbs to help increase circulation of the other herbs. cayenne makes other meds and herbs work better. and in the mykelco NBE ebook the author has a recipe for a booby cream that contains cayenne pepper.

also i read that women on BE who eat alot of spicy food find that their breasts tingle more.

the list below is what i found about a week ago:
"Breasts (engorgement)
Peppermint
Mentha piperita

Breasts (engorgement)
Rose Geranium
Pelargonium graveolens

Breasts (induce milk)
Anise
Pimpinella anisum

Breasts (induce milk)
Dill
Anethum graveolens

Breasts (induce milk)
Fennel
Foeniculum vulgare

Breasts (induce milk)
Jasmine
Jasminum officinale

Breasts (stimulate growth)
Ladies mantle dew

Rose Geranium
Pelargonium graveolens

Vetiver
Vetiveria zizanioides

Ylang ylang
Cananga odorata"

http://www.nature-helps.com/Agora2000/repro.htm

Sunset
(no login)
Smile
February 25 2006, 5:05 AM

Thank you so much Steph, thats nice of you! Smile
And yes I am VERY optomistic! I am already feeling very positive about this, and I havent even began the actual herbs yet!

I feel like I stumbled into a "secret garden" (I know sounds silly.lol.)
And I am like a child in a candy store now!
I now know why my mom loves it so much.

And thank you SugarQ for sharing that info!
I gotta go to bed now, I am so tired, it's 12:03pm here and I been up since 6:00 this morning.
You all have a good night/day?
and thanks again steph.

Steph
(no login)
Thanks SugarQ
February 25 2006, 5:24 AM

Glad u caught my little question mixed up in there:-) Gosh theres SO many leads and possibles that Im DROWNING in it all,I know u probly feel the SAME way lol:-)

Molly
(no login)
Re: I wonder why I have never heard of this for being a NBE herb
February 25 2006, 6:37 AM

It's not clear to me why wintergreen would be linked to breast enhancement. It's an American herb used traditionally by many Indian tribes for the treatment of aches and pains, but it's now regarded as toxic and is no longer used in American herbalism. Oil of wintergreen contains methyl salicylate, which has anti-inflammatory properties and is used in topical pain relievers and products that produce a feeling of warmth for muscle and rheumatic pain relief. Most methyl salicylate today is manufactured in laboratories and is not a true product of wintergreen.

Sunset
(no login)
Thanks Molly
February 25 2006, 4:23 PM

Maybe the book I found it in is an old book. I'll have to check it out.
I found it odd it didnt mention the fenugreek for any of this kind of stuff.
Just wintergreen and fennel.

And yes I seen that the oil is dangerouse in very small amounts even.
I guess the "warmth" it gives off is good for stimulating the breast?
I dunno, I dont plan to use it, in any form, I just found it interesting I never heard of before now being used for this.

Maybe you explanation is why then. (why I havent heard of it on any NBE site)

The book was printed in 1994. Just thought I'd add that.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon