Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Why Evening Primrose oil?

Why Evening Primrose oil?
January 11 2006 at 2:25 PM EnglishChick (no login)
I see a few people are using EPO in their regimes.

Does this actually aid BE? Because I read that it 'regulates cell growth', but does this mean that it reduces or increases cell growth? I'm not sure whether I should add it to my proposed regime (which I haven't started yet!), because it is already readily available in my house (my mum uses it), but I certainly won't use it if it might inhibit growth in any way.

Thank you for your help in advance

xx Cal xx

Sabrina
(no login)
Borage
January 11 2006, 2:32 PM

Borage is actually better and stronger than EPO, as many others here will confirm. At least one BE product on the market contains borage (Wonderup) so I guess it must be useful.

EnglishChick
(no login)
Re: Borage
January 11 2006, 2:45 PM

Thanks for the tip. Know anything about Starflower oil?

Molly
(no login)
January 11 2006, 3:41 PM

Borage and Starflower are the same thing.

EnglishChick
(no login)
January 11 2006, 4:31 PM

Ohhh, i see! Well, that helps alot actually, as the capsules in my house are Starflower oil (300mg) and EPO (700mg), so i'll add those to my regime! Thankyou!

Cyan
(no login)
Re: Why Evening Primrose oil?
January 12 2006, 3:52 AM

It contains an essential fatty acid (omega-6) that relieves many symptoms, including PMS. Borage oil may have a higher gla content, but EPO is the one that has been widely studied for its safe & beneficial effects. BO may also contain traces of toxic substances and is not recommended to be used for long periods of time. Make sure you look for the ones that have been expeller pressed and kept in an opaque bottle. There are many articles that you can find on the internet; this is a good one that provides some highlights: http://www.udoerasmus.com/articles/udo/epo_expanded.htm

Stormy
(Login Stormy33)
P.S
January 12 2006, 4:56 AM

The fatty acids are noted to help "balance" out all the hormones so it is probably a wise idea to incorporate them into any NBE routine involing herbs.Make sure you keep us posted on your results & again,best of luck!

Stephanie

SugarQ
(no login)
Re: P.S
January 12 2006, 6:26 AM

when i tried to find a case where a woman taking Borage oil or EPO and they get NBE i cant find a case other then women who claim success with on nbe forums and these women are not only using the oils. EPO and Borage may be good for hormone regulation and may help some women with NBE but it may also help reduce breast swelling. that is a common thing i noticed when try to link breasts with these oils. i would say dont use the oils right away. try the herbs and see if they work on their own then add the oils after 3 months or so.

Evening Primrose Oil
May 17 2006 at 1:40 AM BJ (Login SmallGurl)
EVE MEMBERS
It seems to me that a lot of the growers here that do well are either taking EPO or using it for massage. For those of you that are using it, do you think it is helping you? Just curious, thought I might try switching my flaxseed oil for epo and see if maybe I grow better.

fushigiyuugi007ph
(Login fushigiyuugi007ph)
EVE MEMBERS
Re: Evening Primrose Oil
May 17 2006, 1:46 AM

Hi. I just added EPO 1000mg a day to my routine. So far it is too early to tell. Smile

Surf
(Login Surf.)
EVE MEMBERS
May 17 2006, 12:29 PM

I've always used EPO as part of my routine. I take it internally twice a day and break 1 cap open and use it with fennel or fenugreek for each massage. Early on from reading the forum, I learned that EPO is great for NBE. I've also heard flaxseed is good for NBE. I'm sorry, but I don't know which is better or if they are interchangeable. I do believe EPO is more popular though. Best of luck!

Lisa 121
(Login Lisa121)
EVE MEMBERS
May 17 2006, 12:50 PM

Hi BJ, I believe it does make a difference. I use it internally and massage with it as well and since adding it to massages I did notice a difference to before my break when I didn't use any EPO.
I don't know if it would work better than the Flax Seed but you can always give it a try, it doesn't smell bad or anything so it is nice to use.
Take care and happy growth,
Lisa

Sunset
(no login)
yes
May 17 2006, 2:36 PM

Bj, I use 1 1000mg EPO for both boobs together (I half it)
And I tell you, I REALLY think this stuff works great.

Like Lisa said though, I dont know if its "better" than flax, (I have never used flax before) But things really started to happen for me after I used the EPO.

Helen
(Login Helen_N)
EVE MEMBERS
May 17 2006, 10:20 PM

Hello BJ Smile

I cannot compare EPO with taking other oils, as this is the only one I have had so far. All I can say is that adding EPO (and SP) to my intake (together with the massages) seemed to have helped things along...started feeling tingles and "pains"...but as it was a combination of things rather than just the EPO, I cannot really say if it was only this, that made a difference.

The reason I chose EPO, just like any other girl taking/using here, was the fact that it is rich in omega 6 (8-10% GLA), responsible for hormone balancing... Generally, a good balance of all omegas, 3,6&9 is essential (healthy blood circulation, healthy cell division etc. in the growing process are also of vital importance). So a combined supplement of 3,6,9 can ensure this... OR there are some other oils that have more than one omegas in them...

One of them is actually Flax seed oil and this is the good thing about it, it contains both omega 6 and 3 (at a ratio of 1:4). Another is Hemp oil containing omega 6 and 3 (ratio 3:1, 2.5-3.5% GLA). Not sure what the "ideal" ratio is for one's diet, I've read different things about this, but, say, my combined supplement has a ratio 1:1:2 (omega 6 : omega 9 : omega 3). Another thing is that both flax and hemp have got greater fat content than EPO (35% fat in flax/hemp, 17% fat in EPO).

So, in general EPO is a rich source of omega 6, and in fact there is a richer GLA source, Borage oil (24% GLA), which some girls here are taking.

The above are just some things I had looked at, some time ago, so just thought I would share, in case you were interested Smile

I reckon you could easily "switch" to another oil and see what happens, say when you run out of what you currently use, I can't see any harm in that Smile

I haven't tried massaging with EPO myself yet, I might consider it in the future though, as some girls (like Sunset, Lisa121, Surf...) are really very pleased with using it for massages too. But you see, there so many things to "play" with (cocoa butter, vit.E, wonderup cream, herb extracts, essential oils...and so on) and not so much time in my hands..!

I'll finish with a boobie spell, from my purple fairy on the left:
~*~*~*~*~*~ grow girl, grooOOOW ~*~*~*~*~*~

Hugs,
Helen xx

BJ
(Login SmallGurl)
EVE MEMBERS
May 18 2006, 1:15 AM

Thanks guys! I think I will buy some on Friday (payday) and see if it works a little better than my flax. It never hurts to experiment I guess. I'm also glad to know that it doesn't have a strong or nasty smell lol. And Helen your right on with so much stuff to experiment with. I never leave out my cocoa butter or wu cream though I will probably mix some epo with it instead of flax now.

Evening Primrose Oil
March 23 2006 at 9:07 PM
Janie (Login jpeters2)
I'm just querying what sort of doses to take in a day. I have loads of the stuff and want to start taking it because of all it's health benefits ... as well as BE :-)

Sunset
(Login liquidSunset)
EVE MEMBERS
Good for you
March 23 2006, 9:58 PM

This stuff is really nice! I have been using it for almost a month and I take 2 of them a day topically for massage they are 500mg each so I use 1000mg a day. That is pretty common dosage. Internally or externally.

~Follow your heart-
Let your spirits lift you-
And then capture your dreams!
~Best wishes on a growing journey!~
*Sunset*

Sunset
(Login liquidSunset)
EVE MEMBERS
guess what
March 23 2006, 11:58 PM

I was reading some really awsome benifits that EPO has for NBE when taking it INTERNALLY. I have been using it EXTERNALLY only, but now am thinking of taking it orally as well. It sounds like it would work better that way.
I may just have to try that when I start the herbs.

~Follow your heart-
*Sunset*

Janie
(Login jpeters2)
March 24 2006, 8:44 AM

I was thinking of taken them internally as well. I've read it's good for sciatica as well which is why I'd like to try it as I have chronic sciatica :-) ... I just didn't know if you take what's on the bottle or more as on some routines it seems a lot more :-(

Sunset
(Login liquidSunset)
EVE MEMBERS
March 24 2006, 6:05 PM

Umm, well in my opinion I would NEVER even for NBE purposes go over the amount on the bottle. The ones I have say take 1-2 softgels 2-3 times a day.
They are 500mg and I use 2 a day massaging so I could take 1 a day internally and still be way safe with it.

So I would just not go over the recommended dosage, but thats my opinion, many others take more. Smile

~Follow your heart-
*Sunset*

Anonymous
(Login jpeters2)
March 24 2006, 7:02 PM

hhhmmm, that's interesting because the ones I have say one a day ... 1000mg LOL

Sunset
(Login liquidSunset)
EVE MEMBERS
March 25 2006, 10:35 PM

Janie- so are yours 1000mg EACH capsule then?

~Follow your heart-
*Sunset*

Lisa
(Login Lisa121)
EVE MEMBERS
March 25 2006, 10:51 PM

Sunset, mine are 1000mg per capsule and you can take up to three a day.
I have been taking EPO for a while now internally. It is hard to tell what works but I think it has been helping with my routine, but how can you ever be sure. :-)

Sunset
(Login liquidSunset)
EVE MEMBERS
March 25 2006, 11:02 PM

oh, so it says you can take up to 3 1000mg a day? Cool, thaks Lisa! I wasnt sure of how much was safe to take thanks for sharing.

I gotta go for a while, but Lisa I left you a message in general chat if you wanna check it. I'll try to come back here later tonight if I can.

~Follow your heart-
*Sunset*

Jess
(Login Jess1226)
March 26 2006, 12:26 AM

Yea I have 1000 mg soft gels too and you can take 3000 mg's a day. I take 2000 mg.
Wana here somthing funny...I was taking them lastnight and one came open in my mouth! OH My! That has got to be that nastest taste ever!

Boobie Blessing to everyone!
Love,
Jess

Sunset
(Login liquidSunset)
EVE MEMBERS
hehehe
March 26 2006, 2:28 AM

that would be gross..lol
I pray I never taste the saw palmetto-yuck!-it smells so nasty Sad

~Follow your heart-
*Sunset*

Sunset
(Login liquidSunset)
EVE MEMBERS
GLA doses
March 26 2006, 3:33 AM

I found this and pasted it here if any one is interested:

Doses of GLA greater than 3,000 mg per day should be avoided because, at that point, production of AA (rather than DGLA) may increase.

how does EPO help with nbe?
January 30 2007 at 2:29 PM crystal Li (Login 17280)
Can anyone tell me how does evening primrose oil helps with nbe? does it speed up growth?

diana
(Login Diana1978)
hi
January 30 2007, 2:58 PM

here is a link that should answer your question http://www.network54.com/Forum/486111/th...hat+is+GLA-

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
Re: how does EPO help with nbe?
January 30 2007, 9:29 PM

EPO was used as a source of essential fatty acids in NBE like borage oil or flax seed oil for a while, but recently it's been said to actually be bad for NBE, because it prevents lutheal swelling, so it's not recomended anymore.

LL
(Login Lillea)
January 30 2007, 9:44 PM

Does that apply to using it in massage mixes, too? I have had my doubts about using it for massage and would like to knom more about that.

This message has been edited by Lillea on Dec 24, 2007 8:31 AM

js89
(Login js89)
EVE MEMBERS
January 30 2007, 10:17 PM

I use EPO twice a day for massage and it works well for me. I am pleased with it.

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
January 30 2007, 10:27 PM

I would say massage is the same as ingesting it, because it equally gets into the blood.

@js89 - did you grow yet?

LL
(Login Lillea)
January 30 2007, 10:40 PM

I wonder why some people seem to think it works well and improves success and others don't. It's confusing.

js89
(Login js89)
EVE MEMBERS
January 31 2007, 12:20 AM

Yes, I have grown 1 1/2 to less than 2 inches since starting NBE last May. I took WU, SP and EPO internally through the summer, then added gelatin and GABA. I massaged with EPO, pumpkin seed oil, vitamin E and occasional cocoa butter or shea butter with heat.

In December I stopped all of my internal herbs due to weight gain and started taking Vitex only now. I am still massaging twice daily with EPO, pumpkin seed oil and vitamin E. I have added collagen gel instead of the cocoa or shea butter. I massage with all of this, then heat after. I feel the EPO is an important part of my routine. Also, I have been told the EPO is very safe, along with the pumpkin seed oil and Vitex. So I feel good about taking/using these.

If you look at Surf's program, she also uses EPO (I presume she still does).

js89
(Login js89)
EVE MEMBERS
January 31 2007, 12:58 AM

I should also say that I feel massage and heat are the MOST IMPORTANT parts of my routine.

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
January 31 2007, 9:34 AM

I wouldn't know what to tell you Lilela. The findings about EPO - that it pevents lutheal swelling come from the web, clinical researches I assume (tho I wasn'tt involved in the discussion back then) so they are most likely accurate. However that this actually inhibits growth, that isn't certain, but it does seem possible or even likely, since swelling is what most often comes before growth. It my be that those who grew on EPO have so prone to grow bodies. But it could also be that the warrnigns againt EPO are not really accurate. Personally, I'd prefer to avoid EPO just in case and use borage.

Snowflake
(Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS
January 31 2007, 11:46 AM

There is not any accurate info about EPO hindering growth, but it did come into light from a very knowledeable member, SugarQ,, sometime ago. For most women its probably great,, for those having trouble growing,, maybe its not,, no one knows for sure. The Wonder Up company had advised another member here to use flax,, as they said it was the very best for directing growth to the breasts,, that was for internal use... Just trying to keep track in tid bits of info,,, incase it should help someone,, Everyone must decide for them selves what they can and cannot take. Good luck girls!!!

js89
(Login js89)
EVE MEMBERS
January 31 2007, 12:48 PM

I did try borage oil at one time. It made me break out in painful acne lesions on my chest and back which would leave hyperpigmented scars. Personally, I prefer EPO and will stick with that. What works for one may not work for another. That's the tricky part of all of this.

Snowflake
(Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS
Exactly JS 89,,
January 31 2007, 1:36 PM

All we can offer is info shared here and pass it along. It is always a guessing game with everyone as what to take what will work. And every so often we actually learn something that helps everyone along with NBE,, but most of the time its just to help support and incourage and sometimes advise.

Surf
(Login Surf.)
EVE MEMBERS
January 31 2007, 1:50 PM

JS89 - Yes, I still use EPO. I use it internally and externally. I do agree with everyone, that we are all unique individuals and our bodies have different reactions and needs.

EPO or not???
December 6 2006 at 1:12 AM Corrie (Login Corrie73)
I've read conflicting opinions here about EPO...what does everyone think?

Also, for those who think it is not so good internally, do you think it would be good to use in massage?

Erica
(Login em357304)
Re: EPO or not???
December 6 2006, 1:26 AM

"The gamma-linoleic acid, linoleic acid and other nutrients in this oil are essential for cell structure and improve the elasticity of the skin. These fatty acids also help to regulate hormones and improve nerve function aiding problems ranging from PMS to migraine headaches. The hormone balancing effect contributes to healthy breast tissue."

I used it both and haven't had any negative affects. I took 3000mg daily and also massage twice a day with fenugreek and EPO...

Jen
(Login js89)
EVE MEMBERS
December 6 2006, 1:45 AM

I take EPO regularly and also use it for massage. I take borage oil on occasion, but it tends to make me break out with painful acne lesions.

Corrie
(Login Corrie73)
December 6 2006, 2:26 AM

Ok...thanks. Now that I think of it, I have had more acne since taking Borage oil.

Erica
(Login em357304)
December 6 2006, 2:33 AM

EPO has been known to help with acne, as a topical or internal...so it probably wouldn't hurt...but with all the pills that we are taking, hormones are going wild anyways Wink

Anna
(Login anna-a)
December 6 2006, 10:38 AM

Hey Corrie,

I started taking EPO when I was growing and I have the feeling that my growth slowed down, I don't know whether it's due to the EPO or not, but I'm going to switch to omega 3-6-9 capsules and use the EPO to massage. I also read that it made other people stall, especially the jounger ones

Good luck,

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
December 6 2006, 12:23 PM

I read some mpeople saying that EPO may slow growth somehow, I don't know how.
Oils are a source of essential fatty acids, which play a role in the action of aromatase - the enzyme which converts testosteron into estrogen, a very important thing in NBE. So one or the other oil is a must in a routine, but I think borage is more popular than EPO.

emmie
(Login emmiedee)
massage only for me
December 6 2006, 5:24 PM

i only use it for massage... i take borage and flax seed internally.

i dont take herbs, but i dont think that makes a difference.

i never really understood how epo could slow or stall growth...

js89
(Login js89)
EVE MEMBERS
December 6 2006, 6:16 PM

I felt fullness and tingles after adding the EPO. I switched back and forth between the EPO and the borage oil for a time. I noticed no difference in feeling tingles or fullness between the two, only the breakouts with the borage oil. I don't think it is something I could take 100% of the time. I am fine with that though as I think the EPO works the just the same for me.

mark
(Login sunnyMark)
December 6 2006, 8:37 PM

i tried to use EPO before NBE (for skin and hair) and then again for a few weeks during NBE but droped it because i think my body doesn't respond to it very well, it gave me stronger period and ovulation cramps

EPO how much can you take?
October 9 2006 at 12:24 PM Liz (Login Liz1967)
i'm taking 1 pill of EPO (1460 mg) a day. Can I take more?

Henri
(Login henriettahippo)
While we are discussing EPO...........
October 9 2006, 1:35 PM

I can't find the previous post I had been reading, but it was talking about one of the herbs or oils, causing breakthrough bleeding, was it EPO? I did one of those searches, but I still can't find it. Anyway, The reason I ask is, I am having such success with massaging my smaller one, and seeing major changes (I'll post it soon in my page), that I am thinking about taking it internally and seeing if it helps there as well, but I don't want breakthrough bleeding. I think I'm going to start it today anyway just to see, but am still going to check back for an answer :-)

Liz ~ from reading previous posts, someone asked a very similar question, and I think the answer was whatever the bottle suggested as the daily intake. But you could also add the oil to a massage and not have any problem as it wasn't being taken internally.

Liz
(no login)
Re: EPO how much can you take?
October 9 2006, 2:04 PM

What the bottle suggested as the daily intake is what i'm taking (one pill), but I saw at personal programes that some girls take two pills a day. I massage with WU cream, do you think I should add the EPO to WU cream and massage?

Lisa 121
(Login Lisa121)
EVE MEMBERS
October 9 2006, 4:04 PM

It ususally tells you on the bottle, I think my capsules were 1000 mg so that is fine, I think generally you shouldn't need any more than that.

Henri
(Login henriettahippo)
EPO
October 9 2006, 5:28 PM

My bottle is for 500mg, and it says to take 1-2 capsule up to 3 times daily. I haven't actually started taking the EPO yet, but I am planning on taking 1 capsule twice a day to start off with, 1 with my morning dose, and 1 with my last dose of the day. And then of course, I am still using one capsule for my massaging.

I have been massaging with epo for almost a week now, and have noticed a big difference. I am only using it on one side as I have a smaller one, and it seems to have perked up real quick, alot faster then everything else I have tried, and the one side is catching up too.

I would read through some of the post, do a search and enter EPO and it will bring things up, and also check out the personal programs page, they are very helpful.

Liz
(no login)
October 10 2006, 9:04 AM

Yesterday I started massaging with EPO but i find it to oily and hard to absorve. How do you massage with EPO? Do you have the same problem? I used it with WU cream is it the problem?

Snowflake
(Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS
Red Clover,,,,
October 10 2006, 11:18 AM

Red Clover may cause break through bleeding, but I don't think I have ever heard that about EPO.

Jen
(Login js89)
EVE MEMBERS
October 10 2006, 12:28 PM

I massage with EPO and WU cream. I first massage with the EPO (about 50-100 rotations), and then I add the WU cream (another 50-100 rotations). By the time I am done with massaging, it is all pretty much absorbed.

For me, the EPO makes a big difference.

Henri
(Login henriettahippo)
October 10 2006, 12:59 PM

I do my massages with Vit. E and Epo, I use a small amount of E, massage it in, then add the EPO, and massage small amounts at a time, total of about 100-150 rotations. By the time I am done, there is a slight sheen, but its not oily.

Jen
(Login js89)
EVE MEMBERS
October 10 2006, 2:47 PM

I should say that in addition to the EPO and WU cream, I also apply heat after every massage for 5-15 minutes. I think that also helps with absorption - A LOT.

You also could use aloe vera gel with the EPO. That would help with absorption too.

tinyhope
(Login tinyhope)
How do you incorporate the EPO and Vit E?
October 10 2006, 3:06 PM

I'm new at this NBE thing, so I've just figured out that EPO refers to Evening Primrose Oil... OK, can I just check with someone please, if I want to do massage, then I get a base cream right? and then I add EPO and Vit E... Is there such a thing as Evening Primrose Essential Oil? Is that what I add to the massage cream? and doesn't Vit E come in capsules? Others on this forum talk about them, but what do you do with them?
Would really appreciate some guidance here as I'm very fresh and green in this, but desperate...
Thank you so much.

Henri
(Login henriettahippo)
October 10 2006, 5:01 PM

You don't have to use Vit. E, unless you want to. Its all about finding what works best for you, or at least that is what everyone keeps telling me:-). I personally found I got better results with just Vit E and EPO. I use the Vit E as my base.

You can buy Vit E in capsules or in a liquid form, I got the liquid, its easier for me, and I found it at Walmart (US), but my EPO is capsules. I also think there is an oil you can get that has the EPO and Vit E. but not a hundred percent. Maybe someone else can answer that for you.

I was skeptical about the massaging at first, but after doing it for a week and half straight, and finding the right combo, I have seen very nice results, so now I am hooked, and highly recommend doing it, even if its once a day!

tinyhope
(Login tinyhope)
October 11 2006, 12:54 PM

Hi Henri
Thanks for your tip. It was a tiring day at work, so was heartened to see an answer to my query. Now I'm wondering whether I've seen Vit E cream before..
So what do you do to the EPO capsule to get the oil in the cream? Do you think I EP essential oil will work too? Thanks very much.

orla
(Login orla)
October 15 2006, 12:01 AM

Evening primrose essential oil will work, it's definitely good for massage.

so.. how much EPO for best chance of growth?
February 8 2008 at 5:10 PM madboobie (Login madboobie)
How much EPO per day for the best chance for it to promote growth?

And has anyone expereinced growth with it, either singly or in combination with herbs?

Thanks all.

Hopeful88
(Login Hopeful88)
Re: so.. how much EPO for best chance of growth?
February 8 2008, 6:03 PM

I took EPO from November to January and it did nothing for me. I started at 500mg than ramped up slowly to 2000mg a day over the course of those months.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
February 8 2008, 11:38 PM

I'd say more than that. MomXseven was taking a teaspoonful I think. I tried taking 1 teaspoon every other day with 1 teaspoon borage oil on te off days. 1 teaspoon is about 4500mg. You won't stall on the oils and they should make your skin nice and wrinkle-free. If your skin's already greasy and you suddenly get acne you'll have to stop but most people find their skin improves.

Woolly Sheep
(Login classyfashh)
February 9 2008, 12:00 AM

What is EPO?

Hopeful88
(Login Hopeful88)
February 9 2008, 12:29 AM

okay just ignore my experience than since I didn't take the right amount and wasted 3 months of my life...

Frostedmint06
(Login frostedmint06)
February 9 2008, 3:52 AM

Everybody that I know of that grew on EPO took at least 3000 mg daily for 6 months or longer (either with herbs or by itself).

This message has been edited by frostedmint06 on Feb 9, 2008 4:19 AM

Jackie
(Login classyfashh)
February 9 2008, 4:01 AM

Can you mix EPO with Vitex Agnus Castus?
I'm estrogen dominant soooo I don't knoww if EPO would work well...

CuteLittleBunnie
(Login CuteLittleBunnie)
February 9 2008, 6:08 AM

Does anyone know if you can split the caplets or just take the pill itself? I think epo works for me cause the lotions I have used with it has cause my breasts to swell and tingle and grow fuller. So, what else is EPO good for? I mean, I heard it's good for periods as well. Does it help regulate you in anyway?

Hopeful88
(Login Hopeful88)
February 9 2008, 7:37 AM

damn, how come when i was taking it no one told me i should have taken more... I wasted my money and time, when I was taking it all I read was "EPO makes people shrink and not grow"...

I'm so aggravated right now... I'll blame it on pms... blah.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
February 9 2008, 6:46 PM

On the topic of doses, Tigerlily took 1000mg or 2000mg of borage oil as her only supplement ans she did well.

The oils can be mixed with any herbs, PM, BO, vitex or whatever as they are more of a nutritional supplement.

It's the contents you need so feel free to split the capsules or otherwise you can just but liquid oil in a bottle. This is probably cheaper and wastes less if you're going for a bigger dose as each time you split a capsule there is some in the ends of the shell that you can't get out. It doesn't taste horrible, just slightly oily similar to olive oil. A quick sip of something sweet washes it away. I wouldn't advise mixing it with food though as you can still taste the oil and then you have to eat the whole bowlful of food with the oily taste to get the dosage!

CuteLittleBunnie
(Login CuteLittleBunnie)
February 9 2008, 7:31 PM

So, did you say you recommend splitting it rather just swallowing the capsules? Does it work faster when massaged on? Well, I also was curious what kind of liquid can I mix epo in? I take a liquid vitamin that has a little epo saw palmetto already in it. Can I take epo in juice or should I just stick to water?

sandy
(Login sandy111)
February 9 2008, 8:02 PM

I hate dosage Sad I never knew i should take that much.I only took 1200 mg with no results,Guess now i know why.There should be a thread on the forum of dosage of each herb and supplement.Ranging from minimum to max.That would be really great!

Frostedmint06
(Login frostedmint06)
February 10 2008, 1:58 AM

There is information regarding dosages in the Reference Pages in the Start Here: Information for Newcomers forum.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/522223/th...168599038/

Hopeful88
(Login Hopeful88)
February 10 2008, 3:36 AM

ah but see no info about EPO in there so me and sandy being bitter about our wasted efforts is still justified Tongue Wink

Frostedmint06
(Login frostedmint06)
February 10 2008, 4:10 AM

True, but Sandy did ask about dosages of herbs as well. As for the info on EPO, that's purely anecdotal at this point. It's just information I've picked up from that book on EPO, my own experience and successful programs from this board and the BE board. There are always going to be exceptions to every rule no matter what, but I definitely don't think it would hurt to increase ones dosage of EPO. It's also supposed to help with PMS (that's why MomXseven started taking it initially). Hope that helps!

This message has been edited by frostedmint06 on Feb 10, 2008 4:17 AM

Hopeful88
(Login Hopeful88)
February 10 2008, 4:18 AM

okay fair enough, sorry for complaining so much... forgive me? Smile

Frostedmint06
(Login frostedmint06)
February 10 2008, 5:25 AM

No effort in NBE is wasted, think of the first 3 months you took EPO as laying the groundwork for future boob growth! Ramping up slowly isn't all that necessary with oils, so if you did decide to increase your dose, it wouldn't be that big a jump from what you're taking now. By the way, I never did that ramping up thing. I took 3000 mg right from the start and didn't have any problems. I also chew my capsules because I like the taste and because they are just too darn big to swallow ( I also chew my flaxseed and borage oil capsules too). Best of luck with everything. P.S. Do you have a program page yet?

Hopeful88
(Login Hopeful88)
February 10 2008, 5:42 AM

That's true about the wasted efforts Smile ...but no I do not have a program page its always on my mind to go and post one (as I keep track of everything in a microsoft word) but I feel like I shouldn't until something actually works for me... know what I mean?

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
February 10 2008, 8:08 PM

Cutelittlebunnie -

EPO should almost certainly be more effective if taken internally than rubbed on.

Swallowing the caps or splitting them open is the same, but you can take a larger dose more comfortably if you swallow 1 teaspoon of liquid instead of 4-5x huge 1000mg capsules.

If you want the liquid I would advise you to just pour the oil onto the spoon and put that in your mouth but have a nice sweet drink ready to sip straight after - you can use the drink to wash it down as it gets greasy round your teeth. If you try to put the oil in the drink first it will hang around on top and you'll be more aware of the taste.

Jackie
(Login classyfashh)
February 11 2008, 12:43 AM

Does anyone know if mixing Vitex Agnus Castus and EPO would be less effective? Or should I just take Vitex alone?

Jackie
(Login classyfashh)
February 11 2008, 12:58 AM

Also...
I bought this brand [NSI] for Vitex Agnus Castus

http://www.vitacost.com/NSI-Evening-Primrose-Oil

And am thinking of getting EPO in that brand too. Does anyone think it's a good effective brand?

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
February 11 2008, 6:56 PM

Jackie - the oils are a nutritional support so they won't interfere with any herbs or vitex or whatever and should benefit everyone unless you're one of the few that gets ance from them.

MomXseven
(Login momXseven)
February 11 2008, 8:40 PM

I was taking 3000mg, (3 500mg gel caps 2 times a day)

CuteLittleBunnie
(Login CuteLittleBunnie)
February 12 2008, 12:44 AM

I have been massaging the oil from the capsule on my breasts at night. I will let you know how it all goes. Has anyone ever had results from massaging on the oil from the capsules?

Jackie
(Login classyfashh)
February 12 2008, 1:29 AM

What? You open the gel caps and pour it on your boobs? haha that's kinda a waste... and defeats the purpose. Mind as well get the oil itself or just take the pills orally. Hahahahaha what the hell.

Hopeful88
(Login Hopeful88)
February 12 2008, 4:34 AM

Um I don't think that is a waste... it is a good way to see if one likes it or even just to make do with what one has. I have tried it some times and I know other women on this board have opened capsules before to.

Jackie
(Login classyfashh)
February 13 2008, 12:30 AM

Ohkay well then... Please, "madboobie", tell me how it goes then. Haha.

hopeful88
(Login Hopeful88)
February 13 2008, 1:07 AM

If you read madboobie does not even ask about opening the capsules... it seems you should read things a little more carefully before you continue to "haha" at everyone...

Jackie
(Login classyfashh)
February 13 2008, 1:16 AM

Oh jeez, a simple typo. Well, excuse me. I don't re-call ''haha''ing at everyone.

hopeful88
(Login Hopeful88)
February 13 2008, 1:26 AM

Okay that is the impression I got from your posts, but fair enough... good luck with your NBE.

CuteLittleBunnie
(Login CuteLittleBunnie)
February 13 2008, 2:08 AM

Well, Jackie, thanks for laughing at me! But, my boobies are sore and fuller since I started doing the splitting of the capsules and oils on my boobs. My bottle for 90 only was $7.99. Well, I may start taking the capsules as well but if this is working why take something orally that you don't have to??? Make's perfect sence right? When I started I was a 32 AA and now I can wear B bras with padding. Well, I am not just doing the epo capsule oil either. Just so you know. Well, thanks so much hopeful, I found it to be taken in the same context as you. No offense Jackie.:o)

Hopeful88
(Login Hopeful88)
February 13 2008, 4:23 AM

Your welcome, and congrats on your growth! When I get some more money I'm gonna try harder to add in EPO and other things into my massages because that is one part of NBE I have yet to experiment with Smile

alexis112
(Login alexis112)
February 13 2008, 4:29 AM

Cute little bunny:

If you are not just massaging the EPO on, what else are you doing to help you grow?

CuteLittleBunnie
(Login CuteLittleBunnie)
February 14 2008, 12:57 AM

Alex, I have just been trying out different things but, I continue with what I was doing at first as well. I drink herbal tea (fennel every morning) and (fenugreek seed tea every so often). I massage on wild yam lotion too. I also eat boobie foods and such. I think I am gonna start doing the hypnosis again to see if I can get results that way too. Well, I also take papaya enzymes for digestion but it has an NBE effect. I have actually posted this stuff with some more info under another topic on this forum. Just search for I believe it's the EPO lotion one...

EPO alone - I know this has been asked
February 8 2008 at 1:45 AM Linz (no login)
Hi,

I know everyone says no single herb grows boobs, but since EPO balances the hormones - is it not a herb that should be used alone, similar to vitex.

I understand that it helps the body to produce prostagladins... which aren't actually hormones, but are like hormones !?! These in turn balance sex hormones.

Would using phytoestrogens interfere with this process (I'm no so knowledgeable as to how they interact).

I think momxseven has maybe grown since adding fenugreek to EPO. But Judy Graham, authour of 'evening primrose oil' grew 4 cup sizes using it alone (although this may have been after years of taking it - it's unclear).

xx

Frostedmint06
(Login frostedmint06)
Re: EPO alone - I know this has been asked
February 8 2008, 8:45 PM

Pammy grew to a similar size as Judy Graham while using EPO and herbs in her program.

I grew 1.5" in 4 months while on EPO and herbs. I'm not sure if it matters whether EPO is taken alone or not. Maybe it does work better when taken by itself but I'm not about to test that theory! EPO has a lot of other things going for it so I'd be taking it regardless.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
February 8 2008, 11:31 PM

MomXseven had already grown a bit on EPO alone, then added herbs and grew some more.

Tigerlily took only borage oil as a supplement and ate booby friendly food after her daily massage.

Jackie
(Login classyfashh)
February 9 2008, 3:59 AM

Wow.
Pammy's routine was rediculous. I've never really heard of anyone growing 3-4 cups sizes with NBE.
Does anyone know if Vitex Agnus Castus and POSSIBLY progesterone cream can be mixed with EPO and flaxseed or ANY of the herbs Pammy used????????

Because I'm waiting for my delivery with Vitex and I was thinking about getting EPO also.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
February 9 2008, 6:56 PM

But why would Pammy lie about how much she grew only to say they're too big and she doesn't like them - that's not exactly showing off!

Stacey
(Login StaceyBlu)
February 19 2008, 4:32 PM

It's good to be reminded of Judy Graham and her amazing results on EPO alone.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon