Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Has anyone tried alfalfa leaf?

Has anyone tried alfalfa leaf?
February 19 2007 at 8:18 PM Lisa (Login lilmama40)
I came across this information about alfalfa leaf and wondered if anyone has used it.

(I'm cutting and pasting)
Alfalfa Leaf (Medicago sativa L.)

Alfalfa leaf is said to promote the development of the glandular tissue of the breasts. It can be taken both during pregnancy and after birth by mothers with a history of low milk supply. Taken after birth, it increases milk supply and is reported to increase the fat content of breastmilk. Incidentally, so do other so-called "green foods."

Alfalfa leaf is one of our most nutritious herbs. It contains chlorophyll, a host of minerals-calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, silicon, zinc-numerous vitamins-A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, C, D, E, and K-as well as essential and non-essential amino acids.

Alfalfa leaf is estrogenic and antifungal. It has substances that nourish the liver, activate the kidneys, suppress inflammation, address digestive disorders, and balance blood sugar. It is traditionally prescribed to promote the function of the pituitary gland, the source of the main hormones for lactation.

*To read more about lactogenic herbs here's the site I was looking at:
http://www.mobimotherhood.org/MM/article-herbal2.aspx

HS29
(Login HS29)
I have!
February 19 2007, 9:42 PM

I've been taking it forever and if it was a boob grower, I should be rather large by now.
NOT!
I take it for bloating- that's the only reason I take it. In the summer it helps w/ swelling.
I only take 4-6 pills/day. Maybe I need to up my dosage?!!

Mingmei
(Login Mingmei)
Re: Has anyone tried alfalfa leaf?
February 20 2007, 6:36 PM

Alfalfa is an ingredient in Wonderup, so therefore many women in this forum have taken it.

Lisa
(no login)
February 20 2007, 8:48 PM

I didn't know, but that's a good thing because so many have grown on wonderup. Thanks! :-)

HS29
(Login HS29)
February 20 2007, 9:58 PM

Yes, wonderup does contain alfalfa leaf extract- however- the dosage is very SMALL.

One pill for me is 520 mg. I take 4-6 of those per day.

One pill of wonderup is 60mg(15mgX4 b/c it's an extract)- it is also the LAST ingredient listed.

Lisa
(Login lilmama40)
February 20 2007, 10:11 PM

The article makes it sound so wonderful, but I hadn't heard it mentioned here before. Have you had success?

HS29
(Login HS29)
February 21 2007, 4:30 AM

My guess is that if it were to work for that purpose, it would prolly work well w/ someone w/ low estrogen. I have a bit much estrogen, the vitex has helped to even that business out quite a bit.

I don't know if anyone has tried just taking the alfalfa for boob growth alone, though.

alfa alfa
March 22 2006 at 1:37 PM alfa alfa (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone know if it is dangerous and if it can help NBE?

MollyH
(Login MollyH)
EVE MEMBERS Alfalfa March 22 2006, 4:08 PM

If you are asking about alfalfa, it is a very helpful herb which I'm surprised is not better known. I think there are 3 breast enhancement formulations that use it, which is not many, but most of these products come from the US and alfalfa does not to be used much in the herbalism of the Americas. Wonderup is one of the formulations that uses it and I also noticed that Mariana's witch doctor uses it too. Alfalfa is high in phytoestrogens, so it really deserves to be much better known than it is.

trudie
March 23 2006 at 9:51 PM alfa alfa (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alfalfa is regarded as good food for horses!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon