Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Flax

Flax??
March 24 2006 at 5:52 AM Fabby (Login Fabby01)
I've read in a few forums that a lot of women take Flax as an addition to their NBE routine.

So I started researching it today and this is what I found:

**Flax seeds contain over a hundred times more of a phytonutrient, known as lignin, Lignins seem to flush excess estrogen out of the body, thereby reducing the incidence of estrogen-linked cancers, such as breast cancer**

**Fats high in essential fatty acids, such as flax, increase the body's metabolic rate, helping to burn the excess, unhealthy fats in the body. Eating the right kind of fat gives you a better fighting chance of your body storing the right amount of fats. This is called thermogenesis , a process in which specialized fat cells throughout the body (called brown fat) click into high gear and burn more fat when activated by essential fatty acids, especially gamma-linolenic acid (GLA)**

So my question is does anyone here take Flax? And Why?
Am I missing something here? Because if its flushing excess estrogen out of the body than isn't taking the herbs counter-productive? How about the fact that it speeds up metabolism, and helps the body burn "fat" more effectively?? Arent we trying to add fat to the breasts, I mean isn't that the point of taking the estrogenic herbs?

I personally take flax, I have for years. I was going to stop but since I read some posts of women that took it w/ NBE, I thought it would be OK to continue. Now I'm curious if I should stop? Could the Flax hinder BE progress?

Any input would be appreciated!!
Thanks!

SugarQ
(Login SugarQ)
i forgot to remind you ladies...
March 24 2006, 6:11 AM

avoid oils with Lignins cause it helps to reduce estrogen levels. Wahaika on the beboard warned members about this a while back but i forgot to mention it.

many of the healthy fatty acids like AA and GLA help to with aromatization which is the process of turing excess testosterone into estrogen. many oils like Borage and EPO help with speeding up their progress. as for their fat burning properties it seems like a good thing to prevent fat from being deposited in the wrong place and in any case the fat buring properties dont out way the estrogen boosting properties for most women here.

Fabby
(Login Fabby01)
Re: Flax??
March 24 2006, 6:27 AM

Thanks SugarQ!!

So would you suggest switching to EPO? Do you think its better to take internally or use it externally (w/ massages)?

SugarQ
(Login SugarQ)
March 24 2006, 6:38 AM

EPO and Borage seem to be better so i would say use them instead.

Fabby
(Login Fabby01)
March 24 2006, 6:40 AM

I'll try it. Thanks for the input!

Jess
(Login Jess1226)
March 24 2006, 3:41 PM

Im Glad I seen this, I started taking Flax seed last week just because I have seen it in other wemens programs that have had sucsess. I already Take EPO with my NBE. Well I geuss Ill lay of the Flax for now. Thanks so much!

Boobie Blessing to everyone!
Love,
Jess

Sunset
(Login liquidSunset)
EVE MEMBERS
flax
March 24 2006, 5:40 PM

well in "my opinion" flax would not nessacarilly be bad for NBE. If you read carefullt it stated that it gets rid of "excess" estrogen. It shouldnt rid of any amount that you DO need. And The herbs rid of "excess estrogen" as well. That way if you are estrogen dominant these things rid of the amount you "do not need" causeing the "perfect balance"

Also, I believe flax and other GLA's would burn off the "saturated fats" in your body quicker, (saturated fats are the unhealthy fats)
That is one reason I prefer EPO over borage is because borage DOES contian so many competeing substances and "saturated fats" is one of them.
Because of borage haveing so many competeing substances and a complicated structure-absorbtion is less effective.

EPO has a very simple structure with not many competeing componets. This allows for the body to better absorb it.

So is flax good or bad? In my opinion it would be fine to use. ALL GLA's speed metabolism EPO, Borage, flax....
I would recommend anyone to go with EPO over any others, only becuase it is WILDLY prescribed and used and its the most researched of the others. Its absorbed quicker because it doesnt contain so many competing substances.
And as I said-this is just my opinion. Smile

~Follow your heart-
Let your spirits lift you-
And then capture your dreams!
~Best wishes on a growing journey!~
*Sunset*

Sunset
(Login liquidSunset)
EVE MEMBERS
I found this
March 24 2006, 7:30 PM

Lignins have anti-cancer,anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties.
flax seed has 75-800% more lignans than other vegis or grains.

They are a rich source of 3 EFA's. As well as containing fiber and protien.

Also these rid the body of BAD fats-not good ones, so thats good.
AND they only rid you of EXCESS estrogen. So in my opinion it would be benificial to take it for NBE or other wise. But if you discontinue and use something else I would recommend EPO.

~Follow your heart-
*Sunset*

Fabby
(Login Fabby01)
Makes sense!
March 25 2006, 12:44 AM

Wow Sunset you always blow my mind, that makes a lot of sense, I guess I wans't reading between the lines.

I think its so easy (for me anyway) to freak out over a little thing and think its going to hinder my progress, I guess because this whole thing is so time consuming, takes so much effort and eats up some cash... That when I find something may be counter-productive I kind of freak. Being over careful I guess.

Thanks everyone for your input and help!!
I love this board!

SugarQ
(Login SugarQ)
March 25 2006, 1:13 AM

just be careful if you are low with estrogen. Sunset is right cause flax isnt bad for BE but it may not be good for some people either. skinny, small breasted women tend to have lower levels of estrogen so lowering it even further isnt a good idea. infact for BE purposes you tend need higher estrogen (elevated but not too high) levels and normal to elevated progesterone and prolactin. so becareful. i believe some Flax you can buy without the ligans so if you wanted to buy use it then i would go with that. also another concern is that Flaxsees is high in LA which cant be converted into GLA in the body. so there is no real like i can make with this oil to NBE unlike EPO and borage where there are many women who use it and find it boosts their progress and i can link it to helping boosting estrogen as well which is good for NBE (For some women).so unless you take Flax for overall good health and hormonal balance it doesnt appear to have the booby building power that we see time and time again that EPO and borage seem to have.

IF you have high levels of estrogen it better to work with it insread of lower it for NBE purposed. so adding progesterone cream or a BCP will help with BE for women. women with already have large breasts tend to have higher levels of estrogen and its usually these women who grow the best with progesterone based meds. plus progesterone helps to lower the nasty risks that are associated with high estrogen levels. so you need to maintain the elevated estrogen and raise progesterone.

SugarQ
(Login SugarQ)
sorry
March 25 2006, 1:22 AM

im mean there is no link i can make with Flaxseed and NBE yet.

Fabby
(Login Fabby01)
March 25 2006, 1:25 AM

I am small breasted (obviously) and pretty petite. skinni. But I do have high estrogen levels, I had a test done by my obgyn for increadibly irregular periods, for some reason though when my body does hang on to fat -it's always in the behind.. Never up on top.

Its so frustrating, I am the only flat female in my family from both my mom and my dad's side. I think the smallest next to me is my 15 year old cousin who is fitting tightly in her C cup.

I have been taking flax for years for health reasons (6000mg) per day, what I'm going to do just to be on the safe side is cut down to the flax... Maybe 2000mg per day and add the EPO to compensate, and of course cross my fingers..

Thanks for the great advice!

SugarQ
(Login SugarQ)
March 25 2006, 1:34 AM

fabby, have you ever tried using progesterone to help with balance off the estrogen?

SugarQ
(Login SugarQ)
March 25 2006, 1:41 AM

be careful fabby cause if you are going to use phytoestrogenic herbs like red clover and fennel they will also balanc your estrogen levels. if your estrogen levels are so high they are causing you mentral problems then its a good idea to lower it to a place where you are safe and still can do BE successfully. but make sure you dot lower it too much. herbs and flaxseed will can have a major effect of hormone levels so take things a bit slower.

Sunset
(Login liquidSunset)
EVE MEMBERS
ok
March 25 2006, 2:22 AM

flabby there is nothing wrong for being "over concerned" thats nature to want to protect your self from harm. I do the same thing. I try to show both sides of everything the good and the bad.

And SugarQ as far as I know flax DOES NOT lower estrogen.
If you have TO MUCH estrogen it will rid of EXCESS ESTROGEN only. The same way some of these other phytoestrogens do. If you find info to prove this wrong PLEASE do (if it actually LOWERS it ALL and not just EXCESS)becuase I honestly find my point to be acurate and true.

And maybe I miss understood you but not always being skinny and having small boobs means you are low estrogen. You can be skinny and small boobed and have TO MUCH estrogen as well. To much or not enough can BOTH hinder growth. We need a BALANCED release of ALL these hormones.

I'm not trying to attack you SugarQ but only looking at it from a different view. I'm very stubborn and stick to my opinions that I strongly believe in unless I see proof otherwise to prove me wrong..lol..that could be good or bad, but thats just me being honest.

~Follow your heart-
*Sunset*

Fabby
(Login Fabby01)
March 25 2006, 3:34 AM

SugarQ I am trying a progesterone cream, but only a little and about 14 days. From everything I read about BE I was under the impression that 1st I had to balance my hormone levels, then raise them to match how high they were when I was a teenager??

Anyway tomorrow marks a month of my BE program (my full program) I started taking herbs two months ago and little by little I raised the amount of herbs. As far as the periods go, I was 6 days late on my last period, but I have not had any mid period spotting, the usual water retention and horrible cramps I always get, so from that standpoint the herbs seem to be helping, this is the most "regular" I have been for a long time... And my symptoms of PMS have decreased.

Now the other thing is I have experienced growth, I innitially grew 1", after my period was over I lost 1/4" but still retained 3/4", so I'm apprehensive of cutting down on anything because whatever I'm doing seems to be working for me.

I just got a little worried about the flax after I started reading more about it, but like I said I will cut down on that and ad a little EPO, just to experiment and see what happens. Hopefully the growth continues.

Jess
(Login Jess1226)
March 25 2006, 3:00 PM

Fabby,
Are you still taking 2 caps of the Blend 3x a day? That seem s to be working for me, Its such a very low dose but hey I have grow almost an inch already too.
I will start my period this or next week so Im really big busted right now, I hope I only loose 1/4 too. Yikes!
I started taking the Flax seed because most the programs that have worked have Flax seed in them. maybe It stores fat in the brest where wemen are suposted to have fat? Im very thin and tall and flat and I know I dont have much fat to work with. But if it helps fat to store where it should then that would be in the breast? Right...
I have been taking it and having growth and Fabby too, and Amber look at her WOW! and she took it,
Im with you Fabby, Im going to take 2000 mg a day of it too.
Hey who knows maybe its one of the seacrets to NBE ? hehehe

Boobie Blessing to everyone!
Love,
Jess

Sunset
(Login liquidSunset)
EVE MEMBERS
cool
March 25 2006, 9:45 PM

I just wanted to say I am glad both of you are growing well Smile

~Follow your heart-