Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Progesterone Cream help

Progesterone Cream help
April 19 2009 at 4:37 PM Corinsa (Login Corinsa)
I have read and researched, but am still a little confused on this. I am pretty sure I am estrogen dominant - low estrogen and even lower progesterone. Currently my program consists of herbs, massage, hypnosis, and chicken feet soup. I just ordered and received Source Naturals Progesterone Cream and want to incorporate it into my program as well to raise my progesterone levels. Here is my main question:

I am confused on the luteal phase. I count the day I start my period as day 1, then on days 12 to 26 I use the cream, correct? That is when I will ovulate and that's why it's the best time to use the cream. I started my period on the 12th of this month, so I will start using the cream on the 23rd through the 7th of May, correct? And I do that every month?

I know to apply it on thin skinned areas, and to rotate every day between the wrists, upper arms, back of neck, and the back of knees. Is there anything else I need to know? I don't know why, but I am nervous to start this! Any help would be appreciated!

saren3
(Login saren3)
Re: Progesterone Cream help
April 19 2009, 5:56 PM

I use it when my natural Progesterone go’s up.

There’s a chart on this page: http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/progesterone.html

Corinsa
(Login Corinsa)
April 22 2009, 3:16 AM

**bump**

Any other help?

Wahaika
(Login Wahaika)
April 22 2009, 5:22 AM

Is the progesterone cream for hormone balance or BE? It will wipe out any BE success very quickly. I would say do BE or do progesterone cream but not both.

Corinsa
(Login Corinsa)
April 23 2009, 1:12 AM

Now I am more confused than ever, ugghh!!! When I take the hormonal balance tests in the newbie section, I always come back as ED-low estrogen, even lower progesterone. I know progesterone is a hormone that naturally raises while pregnant, which is often why women's breasts get larger during pregnancy, right? I've read that others have achieved growth with progesterone cream when they are low on progesterone. I was going to incorporate the progesterone cream more for the NBE, not the hormonal balance. I am so confused, why would that hinder my growth or diminish what I have achieved?

waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
April 23 2009, 5:03 AM

Hi Corinsa,

I too would like to know the specifics behind Wahaika's statement that progesterone cream would wipe out breast enlargement. So Wahaika... what is the basis of this? You usually have some interesting articles that support your statements, and since I have not personally found this to be the case, nor have I run into any reports stating this I would like to know more.

Now Corinsa, if you need progesterone cream to balance your hormones then that is just fine. Use it properly and all will be well.

With your symptoms of low estrogen/low progesterone, the cream would likely solve both problems very quickly. One of the initial reactions of the body to progesterone is an activation of dormant estrogen receptors. Now this can be an annoying thing because it can initially increase the imbalance symptoms of low progesterone. However, in your case it could solve some of the symptoms of low estrogen.

Continued use of progesterone cream will allow your body to achieve a state of hormonal balance and the reason for both of your symptoms should be solved.

I am definitely against the use of progesterone cream for NBE reasons alone. It is a hormone and as such not something to take lightly. Giving yourself a hormone you do not need will push you into imbalance. The symptoms of too much progesterone are not worth using it without good reason.

On the other hand, those who suffer from low progesterone will likely be unable to achieve NBE without solving the problem. I am a case of someone who achieved breast growth at the same time I was supplementing my progesterone. In my case one of the major contributing factors to my miniscule breast size was a long standing progesterone lack. Using progesterone cream as well as lots of other health improving stuff (see my program page for the long, long, long account...) was life altering to me.

But - use it wisely - nothing, Nothing, NOTHING, is more important than your health - be careful - research and use the minimal amount of any herb and especially any hormone in an NBE program.

Best wishes,
waxingmoon

Corinsa
(Login Corinsa)
April 23 2009, 1:12 PM

Well let me make sure I interpreted things right before I start this then. I am healthy and want to stay that way, I completely agree that health comes first! However, I do believe I am low on progesterone and that the cream would help me along in my NBE. Here are my symptoms:

From E Dominant symptoms:

Allergy symptoms
Cervical dysplasia
Cold hands and feet
Depression with agitation *
Fat gain - especially around abdomen (with cellulite)*
Foggy thinking*
Hypoglycemia
Irritability
Memory loss*
Mood swings*

From E-Deficiency Symptoms:

Vaginal Dryness
Bladder problems
Weight gain - especially around abdomen*
Irritability
Mood swings*
Brain fog*
Extreme fatigue/low energy*
Confusion*

Am I correct that I am Estrogen Dominant - low estrogen, even lower progesterone? None of my symptoms are extreme, but I do have each of them. I thought until I solved my low progesterone problem, all of my work NBE will be much slower. I am a little nervous about this, which is why I wanted to make sure I understand everything before i start. Was I correct that I use it from day 12 - 26, when I am ovulating, since I am pre-menopausal? I also know to rotate. Also, since my symptoms aren't extreme, would it be ok to only use 1/4 - 1/2 tsp. only once a day and rotate? I want to start out slow and see how my body reacts to it first i guess. Like I said, any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much for your help waxingmoon!!!

waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
April 23 2009, 1:28 PM

Hi Corinsa,

I think you are interpreting things right. I also think once you balance your progesterone you will likely not need to address the low estrogen.

Yes, you have the when and where right as well. I am not sure exactly what your dosage means in milligrams, but 20 mg is a standard dose. I had to take more at first, but then again I was the Estrogen Dominance poster child... lol.

You should be fine if you choose to use the progesterone cream. There could be some initial increase in the symptoms you have been experiencing as you estrogen levels will rise, but don't panic. If you get concerned then post with a question directed at me and I will try to help you out.

You are right that your low progesterone levels might interfere with a normal response to NBE. Get yourself healthy and get rid of all those annoying symptoms and then you will likely respond well.

But also, be on the long range plan with this. I took me years to bring my ED to its knees. During this time of hormone balancing concentrate on the non herbal NBE side of things - massage, magnets, hypnosis and suction methods all have their success stories.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best wishes,
waxingmoon

Corinsa
(Login Corinsa)
April 23 2009, 1:37 PM

Thank you so much for your help Waxingmoon, you are just great!! I got the Source naturals, and it contains 22mg per 1/4 tsp. I think I will try it out this first time just once a day and see how I feel. Thank you for letting me know my symptoms might get worse, that helps prepare me for what to expect. One other question though, do you mean I should stop taking my herbs? Will they interfere? Right now I take Goat's Rue, Fennel, Nettle Root, and Maca, along with Gingko, Flaxseed Oil, Vitamin C, Zinc, and a multivitamin.

Wahaika
(Login Wahaika)
April 24 2009, 7:30 AM

I guess I am a little later here but for what it's worth at this point, here are the answers to some questions.

>>"I know progesterone is a hormone that naturally raises while pregnant, which is often why women's breasts get larger during pregnancy, right?"

Right. It goes up by a factor of 10. Progesterone cream will never be that stong.

>>"I've read that others have achieved growth with progesterone cream when they are low on progesterone. I was going to incorporate the progesterone cream more for the NBE, not the hormonal balance. I am so confused, why would that hinder my growth or diminish what I have achieved?"

...and...

>>"I too would like to know the specifics behind Wahaika's statement that progesterone cream would wipe out breast enlargement. So Wahaika... what is the basis of this? You usually have some interesting articles that support your statements, and since I have not personally found this to be the case, nor have I run into any reports stating this I would like to know more."

I am going by personal observations for a long time. Frankly I am a little surprised at you as there were a LOT of women using progesterone cream for BE on this board and only one or two grew from it. For the rest, it was a disaster. I wasn't aware that you were one of the exceptions to the rule. Congratulations on your growth from progesterone cream. But you are a rare exception.

Corsina, Progesterone cream for BE has a bad track record. All I can do is tell you about it, and it is well documented on this board if you want to use the search utility and do some homework.

Wahaika

About Progesterone Cream
May 23 2007 at 2:32 AM melosh (Login melosh)
Hi waxingmoon

I`m almost done with the second month of using pc. The first month I got a light breakout, didn`t mind that but this month I got a huge breakout. It did nothing to my breasts but it gave me at least 20 new pimples on my back and 10 on my face. i`m thinking about quitting. I know it`s supposed to give an initial breakout as it clears the estrogen receptors but it seems like the breakouts are getting worse. Vitex slowly reduced the number of new breakouts down to maybe 1 pimle on my back and 1 on my face a week which is a major improvement for me but know I`m braking out like crazy. I just wanted to get your opinion before I quit cause you`ve been using it for a while and have more experience with it than I do. The brand I use has 500mg progestrone every ounce and I apply about half a teaspoon twice a day.Thanks waxingmoon...

waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
Re: to waxingmoon about pc
May 23 2007, 3:26 AM

Hi Melosh,
Hey, I would try to stick it out for another month at least. As I understand it, one of the jobs of progesterone in our bodies is to activate estrogen receptors. When you first use progesterone, more estrogen receptors get turned on and are able to bind more estrogen. The net result is an initial worsening of estrogen dominance symptoms - acne being one of them. If you stop now, you will not balance your estrogen - you will in a sense have made yourself more estrogenic.

You need to continue to use the progesterone until you have achieved the balance you are looking for. Next month should be better and the month after that even better. This is not one of those things where you can just use it sporadically at first and expect to benefit.

My first 3 months of use gave me a lot of ED symptoms, but it also calmed some of my symptoms at the same time. I used it for a total of 8 months and this is the first month since September I have not used it. My rate of use was around 60-80 mg per day (days 12 - 28 of cycle) for the first 2 months and then I dropped to 40 mg and then finally to 20 mg. The reading I had done indicated that those with worse symptoms may do better using more at first. However, don't forget this hormone is not without risk. Long-term high mg use is not good and can actually bring on the very symptoms we are trying to reduce (the progesterone receptors become inactive if overloaded).

I also began using Vitex about 3 months into using PC. I think that is what allowed me to finally stop the PC. I was balanced enough my own body could finally take over.

The amount of mg in you PC is correct. Mine was also 500mg per ounce. Check all the ingredients. Mine had other herbs in it. Yours also might and that may be what you are reacting to.

You would do well to consult a book about PC. My favorite was by Dr John Lee: 'What your doctor may not tell you about premenopause' -don't let the title fool you - it is good reading no matter what your age. In it he outlines how to use PC to eliminate estrogen dominance and he also suggests other steps as well.

So to summarize (dear Lord I go on and on and on...lol) Yes, I think you should continue. Maybe even increase your dosage a little. If you do increase your dosage make sure you are putting it on thin skinned low body-fat areas. You do not want a high amount stored in body fat where it will not go into circulation.

Hope this has been some help - Let me know if you have any other questions (I'll try to limit the novel length of responses... lol)

waxingmoon

melosh
(Login melosh)
May 24 2007, 10:34 PM

Hi waxingmoon
Thanks for your reply. Here is the problem;

I have mediterannean skin meaning my skin heals by darkening. Every new pimple I get turns into a dark blemish which takes anywhere from 4-6 months to completely go away. Every single pimple I get today will be with me as a dark blemish for 6 looooong months. Therefore I reaaallllyyyy don`t want to get new pimples. I still have the marks from pimples I got last year and I`m not kidding.
The reason I decided to use pc is for breast growth only. I had no pms but now thanks to pc I do now and a whole bunch of pimples that will be with me till the end of this year. Pc did nothing to my breasts, some aching but no growth. Also my legs started to itch just like they did in the 7th month of my pregnancy. (Doctor said it happens in many pregnancies and goes away with medication only I took it and it was gone within a week) I `m guessing that too much progestrone is what`s giving me this itch now but I don`t have the guts to go to my doctor and say I used pc for breast growth so I`m praying the itch will go away on it`s own. (I stopped using the cream today)

I get acne when I use estrogenic herbs and I get it when I use progestrone and I guess I should just forget about growing breasts and just go on with my life. PM is highly estrogenic and so is bovine ovary and I don`t have any other options and that leaves me at the dead end.

when I started with the pc I thought I was giving vitex a hand and speeding up the process of raising my progestrone levels but my body didn`t like the extra progestrone. I know things could get better if I continued to use it but I just don`t want to get anymore acne. And also I know you said pc gave you an inch of growth the first month and that`s what happens to women who are ment to grow with it. They usually grow in the first month. Some grow with continued use but as I said every new acne I get will stay with me for six months. I was thinking about taking a trip to europe to visit my parents and friends this summer but I changed my mine cause my face and back are full of acne and blemishes and I`m tired of people asking me what`s wrong with me, why am I still getting acne at the age of 35. I feel embarressed to wear sleevless or backless tops so no trip to europe for me this summer.

Thanks for taking time to answer my post, appreciate it. Lots of hugs and kisses to you.......

annie2
(Login annieboobs)
EVE MEMBERS
May 25 2007, 2:13 AM

OMG!!!!!!!!!! melosh ,i have the same type of skin like u. every pimple i get leaves back a dark spots. You should see my face now. LOl not funny ,since i started NBE my face is a mess. And still i have no improvement in the boobs department i feel like quitting NBE.

Good luck to u.
Ann

waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
May 25 2007, 3:52 AM

Hey Melosh I feel your pain.

My skin is very light and each blemish shows up as a red mark for about... yeah, six months or in some cases 30 years (I'm 44).

My back and my chest are usually free. It all used to happen on my face but now mostly on my neck right near my chin and jaw line. As a result my face is blotchy and lightly pock-marked. My neck has red marks all under the chin.

I wear foundation every day on my face and neck for my work. I do this mostly for other people so they will be more comfortable around me and not fixate on my face.

If I don't wear makeup, sometime people comment. Mostly they just look and look away quickly. Kids can be the worst and have asked me what is wrong with my face. Those people who are the kindest always tell me how clear my skin looks (mind you it's when I am wearing a very opaque foundation - but God bless them anyway).

When I go to the beach I don't wear makeup, just sun-screen. When I go to the gym for myself I don't wear makeup, just sweat. I have learned to be oblivious to others in this regard.

I know this may not help you, but I wish you would go with your friends to the beach. Don't let others ruffle your feathers about a few minor skin problems. A good friend once told me that most people are so insecure about what they look like they don't have any extra brain space to notice what you are looking like. If you have fun and act nonchalant about your blemishes, most other people will pretend not to notice them. Those that don't aren't worth your time.

About the PC. Yeah, if you were not having estrogen dominance symptoms then I would not proceed with it. Especially since your initial reaction was so extreme.
Don't use it just for NBE. Your hormonal balance is too important to risk just for larger breasts. I agree, most who do grow with PC do so very quickly.

Since I have achieved hormonal balance I have not used the PC. I cannot add any strong phytoestrogens, but I do use low dose ones like Flax seed and fennel. I am also trying Fenugreek since I could not find it listed as a phytoestrogen, rather it is a steroidal saponin - which may give it another pathway of action. I am very slowly ramping up the dose and am still well below what many others are taking.

You might try the crushed flax seed or flaxseed oil. If your trouble is over-reaction to estrogen, this can help to block the estrogen receptors with this very low dose phytoestrogen. That should at least help with the acne.

I am holding in my mind an image of you on a beautiful sunlit beach - you are having the time of your life - you radiate an inner glow that far outshines any external slight imperfection.

Best wishes,
waxingmoon

progesterone cream
June 27 2006 at 1:12 AM drummachic (Login drummachic275)
Just wondering if anyone here is using progesterone cream in their programs? I am taking Ortho tri cyclen lo which contains progestin and estrogen and am worried that using a progesterone cream will interact with the progestin. I have since discovered that all-natural progesterone is much better for you than the synthetic progestin. I read that the progesterone is very good at keeping estrogen levels in check. However, my BCP seem to be working well for me (regular periods, clear skin) so I'm reluctant to switch to a progesterone-only pill. Anyone have any advice as to what I should do and whether or not this will affect my growing? (I will be taking wonderup soon) If anyone does use progesterone cream, any brand recommendations/where to order would be greatly appreciated too! Thanks everyone, I am learning a lot through this forum about myself and my health. Who knew that progesterone levels could affect so much in your life!

js89
(Login js89)
EVE MEMBERS
Re: progesterone cream
June 27 2006, 11:49 AM

I have been researching this too. The people at Vortex Health (Wonderup) said that they have no reason to believe that progesterone cream would interfere with the effect/progress of the WU or have any adverse effect. I think I will give the progesterone cream a try.

wsdm
(Login wsdm)
June 27 2006, 12:34 PM

I dont think taking progesterone cream with BCP would be safe, in fact I think it could be extremely dangerous. The pill formulations are created for a purpose and to add progesterone cream perhaps may alter the effectivness of the pill and may affect your health adversly. (Also when something is unknown I always assume the worst possible scenario) I think it is an either or situation.

Take a quote from Dr. J Reed MD (http://www.positivehealth.com/permit/Art.../lee21.htm)

"E. When a woman is also on a progestin
When a woman on progestins wishes to switch to natural progesterone, several considerations should be kept in mind. First, both compete for receptor sites. The benefits of natural progesterone will be reduced by the presence of the progestin. Second, plasma progesterone levels will not reach maximum levels until the 2nd or 3rd month of use, as described in B above. Therefore, I usually recommend gradual decrease of progestin dose, such as reducing to ½ of previous dose when starting natural progesterone. During the second month of progesterone, the progestin dose can be reduced further (such as taking the reduced dose every other day). By the third month, the progestin can be safely discontinued.

Extracted from Natural Progesterone: The multiple roles of a remarkable hormone, by Dr John Lee. Published by Jon Carpenter Publishing, Unit 2PH, The Spendlove Centre, Charlbury OX7 3PQ, price £9.99, postage free. The book includes information on obtaining natural progesterone. "

Drummachic if I were you I would either use a progestin or progesterone cream not both, for both safety and effectivness.

However products such as Yasmin and Diane35 are progestin heavy.

Yasmin I think also makes a POP pill
http://www.yasmin.com/scripts/en/5aboutt.../index.php?
The POP, or mini-Pill, contains progestogen only. You take the POP every day of the year, without a break

Yasmins site: http://www.yasmin.com/html/index.html
to really get the full benefit I suggest you visit the
internatioanal (english)
Canadian and US sites
They have different information geared toward each nation.

Diane 35: http://www.diane35.com/html/index.html

As far as progesterone creams go I like this site and they provide alot of great information.
https://secure.progesterone.com/web_stor...ucts_id=29
read:
http://www.health-science.com/estrogen_dominance.html
and http://www.health-science.com/natural_progesterone.html

Also Progest is a cream that has been around for a long time: https://www.emerita.com/pages/menopause/...pro%2Dgest
their site is lovely and informative and so supportive of women

I would try Progest or Serenity

an additional webpage to read is HOW TO USE NATURAL PROGESTERONE by DrJohn Reed
http://www.positivehealth.com/permit/Art.../lee21.htm

wsdm
(Login wsdm)
June 27 2006, 12:55 PM

oops the name is Dr. John R Lee

drummachic
(Login drummachic275)
June 27 2006, 4:16 PM

Thanks guys! I think I will stay on my Ortho tri cyclen Lo for now and finish off this last month, and if I don't have any results I may try getting off it and switching to a progesterone only pill. Just out of curiosity, has anyone here who is on BCP had less of a sex drive? I should probably make another thread for this one. But I have noticed that since I started taking BCP I haven't wanted to mess around with my boyfriend as much. At first I thought it was just because we have been together for so long, but then I realized that I wasn't like this b4 BCP... any input? Just wondering if any of you have experienced the same thing. It may be time to switch my BCP anyway, if it is what's causing this. And I definitely think that the progesterone cream will have to wait for me! Thanks for all the info!

fengshui
(Login fengshuiTW)
June 28 2006, 7:12 AM

thank you, wsdm!!!! that's tons of great info!!
my english is very limited, i didn't seem to find the thing i was wondering about. could anyone help me?
i am wondering if natural progesterone cream can cause water retention in our body? i was on BC pills years ago, i got really bloated!!! took me a long time to get rid of it after i was off the pills. i wonder if progesterone cream will cause that?
i am not on any pills or herbs now, only borage oil and multi-Vitamins. and thinking using wild yam cream for massage.
thanks a million!!!!!!~LOVE~

Anonymous
(Login drummachic275)
I think I found your answer!
June 28 2006, 6:34 PM

I have been researching progesterone a lot lately and even wrote to one of those "online" dr's or whatever, and she actually wrote me back! She gave me a bunch of really helpful links and here's an excerpt from one of them about water retention:

There are many differences between progesterone and the various progestogens, but unfortunately, there are still some doctors who do not realize this. Progesterone lowers the blood pressure, while progestogens raise it; and while progesterone raises the SHBG level, progestogens lower it (see pages 22, 24). Progestogens are not accepted by progesterone receptors. Progesterone can relieve water and sodium retention, whereas some progestogens used in the Pill, such as norethisterone, cause retention of water and sodium. Progesterone is converted by the adrenals into all the various corticosteroids, which is not possible with progestogens. One function of progesterone is to maintain a pregnancy, but the progestogens cannot be used for this purpose. Some progestogens have an estrogenic effect as well, which is useful in the contraceptive field. The disposal of progestogens from the body differs from that of natural progesterone, which is excreted in the urine and feces as pregnanediol.

I will post some of the other info, but it looks like the synthetic drugs in my BCP can really have some negative side effects later in life. It's making me really nervous! I may have to switch sooner than I thought.

Anonymous
(Login drummachic275)
June 28 2006, 6:46 PM

Here is what the online dr. wrote me back... of course she is supporting her progesterone product, but it was actually all the links she sent me that made me worry about the BCP that I'm currently taking:

Many thanks for your email. No the progesterone won’t interact with the progestin, in fact many therapists put they patients on progesterone if they’re on the Pill. It counteracts the adverse side affects of the progestins. Which of course leads me to ask ‘do you have to take the Pill’?! Have you tried the old fashioned copper T? I know some women can’t use IUD’s, but they really are the safest in terms of adverse side affects, provided you don’t get persuaded to use the Mirena IUD or the NuvaRing, both of which have progestins impregnated into the plastic, which slowly leaks out into the body! I’ve had many emails from women using both of these who’ve bad side affects, and have helped them discontinue their use. I’ve attached a number of documents on the Pill and some websites below for you to look at. Do hope this all helps!

Take care
Wray

http://www.mercola.com/2004/jun/12/contr..._facts.htm

Unfortunately the other links were sent as attachment to my email that I had to open with Microsoft Word and therefore couldn't find the internet links. But I may post some of the info up in the "All about herbs" section because I think some of the info is really important to any of the girls here who are taking synthetic hormones. Check it out!

fengshui
(Login fengshuiTW)
i think u found it!! Smile
June 28 2006, 7:21 PM

drummachic thanks heaps!!!
i read in TW's forum long time ago, there was one girl used progesterone pills to increase size, it worked for her, but she said the side effect was it made her nips a lot darker. Sad i couldn't find her thread again.
can anybody comment on that? i am a little worried about that, too. @@......(am i asking too much in every way for my boobs? LOL)

wsdm
(Login wsdm)
June 28 2006, 7:53 PM

great job drummachic now we know! I am not a big fan of BCP at all, I just think it is way too dangerous to be putting in something so synthetic when there are probably other methods, safer too.

Fengshui I read that areolas get darker in pregnancy, perhaps due to progesterone...

annie2
(Login annieboobs)
EVE MEMBERS
June 29 2006, 2:12 PM

Thanks for the info drummachic, i came off BCP early this year. i was taking Diane35 t made me gain weigth and my boobs would get tender and full but will subside after period. I never liked taking the pills and i was never on any pill for more than 3-6months. I'm not thinkinh off going on any soon.

Also drummachic i didnt answer in the other post where you where concerned when to nstart on the herbs. Most of the ladies start on the frist day of period. Some dont just in your situation that you got the herbs after youv'e had your period. They just start right away.

Hi Wsdm, see if you cvan help me out here. I 've been off BCP , when i was on BCP my cycle was 28days. Since i'm off it's 32 days . MY question is . Will the progestorone cream help regulate my period ? How i dont sound silly.

Thanks Annie2.

js89
(Login js89)
EVE MEMBERS
Annie2
June 29 2006, 2:16 PM

Diane35 made you gain weight?

Anonymous
(Login annieboobs)
EVE MEMBERS
To Js89
July 1 2006, 7:11 PM

Sorry i took so long to answer your question. Yes Diane35 did make me gain weight . Espcially on my butt ,thigh and tummy.

Take Care
Annie2

wsdm
(no login)
July 1 2006, 11:33 PM

annie I really would not know that answer. I will take some time to think about it. But perhaps SugarQ might know.

However I do think progesterone cream, based on the excerpt I posted, should help with your cycle.

Progesterone Cream users....
January 12 2008 at 7:59 PM northernmom (no login)
Hello ladies. I have a question regarding p.c. I started using it a bout a week ago and I dont know what's happening but my boobs have visibly grown, say 1/2" and firmer, etc...
My concerns are regarding p.c. use and cancer. I checked the websites and read some previous postings regarding p.c. and cancer but they relate to synthetic p.c., rather than the natural progesterone cream that I bought from "Now personal Care".
What are your opinions on this? I'm kind of at a loss. I'm loving (what I think are )the results, but I certainly dont want to risk my health over bigger boobs.
Thanks for replying.
pl.s.

Henri
(Login henriettahippo)
Re: Progesterone Cream users....
January 13 2008, 1:01 PM

Hi Northernmom - I'll admit I don't know much about PC, but I am a user. I have not had any permanent growth from it, but Waxingmoon, are resident PC expert, has grown 1 inch from using it.

I do know that in the beginning, I did get some swelling in my boobs, and they hurt really bad for the first three months. I think as long as you are taking PC for the correct reason, and at normal dosages, then you should be okay. I am not sure if you do massages or not, but I find it is really helpful to get comfortable and personal with your breasts, so you can tell if there is something "off" about the way they feel.

Hopefully Waxingmoon will see this post and post back, but you might want to look into gettting the book she mentions by John Lee, or at least borrow it from the library for a while.

Hope that helps.
Henri

Oops forgot one more thing, I have not discontinued using the PC, but I have cut back or the amount I need, as I feel my hormones are starting to normal themselves out again.......I will probably always rely on it, just to help me get through those really rough days that I still get.....

waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
January 13 2008, 9:44 PM

Hi Northernmom,

In a post I made a while ago I tried to cover all the questions people had about progesterone cream, including the "will I get cancer from using it?" one.

I do suggest looking at that link as well as 2nd Henri's suggestion about getting 'the book'. (lol I wish I received some sort of financial gain from recommending that book)(BOOK= Dr John Lee 'What your doctor may not tell you about premenopause')

But here is a more specific response to your question about artificial progestins versus natural progesterone. Both are created in the lab. Artificial progestin molecules resemble testosterone and although they will bind to progesterone receptors they do not provide the protective effects of natural progesterone. Natural progesterone is synthesized from wild yam (only in the lab -taking wild yam will not increase your progesterone -no, no, no...) and the molecule created is identical to the progesterone molecule our body creates.

Natural progesterone is thought to have protective effects against cancers that are caused by excess estrogen. Artificial progestins do not provide this protection.

Natural progesterone taken in excess amounts (read the book...) can increase the risk of promoting growth of estrogen and progesterone sensitive cancers. Taken in appropriate amounts there is probably very little risk - unless you already have a cancer that is sensitive to progesterone/estrogen.

The effect you are feeling in your breasts often occurs with initial use because progesterone is used by the body to activate estrogen receptors and also it is used to create estrogen. When a woman first uses progesterone to treat estrogen dominance symptoms she often has an increase of her symptoms (one of which is breast swelling). This effect will probably fade as you continue to use the cream.

I experienced something that some women report with the use of progesterone, which was a permanent increase. I believe it occurred because my estrogen receptors in my breast "woke up" and stored some fat there. There has also been a complete resolution of my previous fibrocystic breast disease. Yeah, I am a BIG fan of progesterone... It has really done me well, but I have also used it in a very responsible way. My program page details my progesterone use.

I hope you will take some time to continue your research into progesterone. Hopefully it will be as positive an influence as it has been from me.

Best wishes,
waxingmoon

northernmom
(no login)
January 14 2008, 12:57 AM

Henri, Waxingmoon...
Thank you for your response...really helped and I think I will buy the book. I'm 40 this year so might as well prepare myself.
I hope the growth(swelling) doesnt go away!lol..i'm loving the extra fullness. other than that, I feel good all around.

progesterone cream and me...
October 10 2007 at 11:58 AM cutevelvet (Login cutevelvet)
well i started using progesterone cream about day 19-20 of my cycle as it hadnt arrived before then and i couldnt wait. i used it till day 28. now im four days overdue for my period. could the reason be that i started using the cream later on in the cycle? i usually start two days befiore my due date since i have been on full potential (3 months now). i didnt think it would matter as long as i didnt apply too early in the cycle and i didnt go over thw 28thday. hmm... wot do u guys think have i done the wrong thing by applying the cream on day 20ish? i have noticed increased anger.....(bad pms) than usual, and breasts that hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt. the swelling has been more than usual as they feel more spongier and the smaller one is actually east to get hold of now! cud go away after period as always....im playing the waiting game again....... does pc work that quick i mean in reactivating the receptor sites like its supposed to ....in a month?

thanks for reading...

Henri
(Login henriettahippo)
Re: progesterone cream and me...
October 10 2007, 12:37 PM

Hey CuteVelvet - Yes, you can have a reaction to pc that fast - I did. But I seem to recal something about pc and birth control, or I might be getting something confused. Maybe Wen or WaxingMoon will see your post and give their thoughts - they seem to know a whole lot more than I do. In the meanwhile read WaxingMoons program page - she goes into a lot of detail about PC.

Best of Luck,
Henri

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
October 10 2007, 12:39 PM

I asked about PC and BCP and Waxingmoon says there's no point taking PC while on the pill as your progesterone receptors will be full already so it will have no effect.

Lost Sheep
(Login cutevelvet)
October 10 2007, 2:20 PM

im not on any birth control pills

Henri
(Login henriettahippo)
October 10 2007, 4:22 PM

Hey Cutevelvet - I thought for some reason Full Potential was a bcp!!! I realize now that its not - sorry for the misunderstanding.

Yes the pc can work quickly. I got a reaction almost the first day using it, and since keep having reactions. I don't know if it would cause you to come late or not. All the reading I have read has said that by the time one has reached the 28th day and stops your period should start, but I haven't made it to that point yet. Like I said earlier, hopefully Wen or Waxing will see this and be able to give input.

I also didn't mean you hadn't read the pages I suggested, I just know that there is some useful information that they gave me, and thought it might help you too.

I do know that in the beg. you will have an increase in pms, because of all the receptors being opened, but I have been assured this only happens for a few cycles :-) Also try rotating the areas, like record your reaction when applied to the upper half, and the lower half. I found I was worse when applied below the waist, whereas above the waist kept me feeling normal. Its kinda like trial and error till you get it right.

Hope you start getting some relief soon. I so symptahize.

waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
October 10 2007, 7:06 PM

Cutevelvet,
You are not the first person I have heard who had a delayed cycle when they first started using PC. It does sound like you are having the normal reaction (activation of estrogen receptors). Perhaps because you began to use it late in the cycle the heightened estrogen response has thrown your body off its normal rhythm. It could always be just a coincidence, but I think it is likely the PC.

How much PC were you using? Heightened progesterone is what allows for a successful pregnancy. Perhaps your body is confused and thinks this extra PC is an indication of pregnancy. It will resolve itself in time. Since you are no longer using the PC, your progesterone levels will drop to normal and you should get your period soon.

Don't panic and don't try to change things with other herbs, etc. Just wait it out and if your period does not come for two more weeks then take some action. If there is any possible, slight chance you could be pregnant then after two weeks of no period onset - get a pregnancy test. Don't worry PC will not have harmed the fetus in any way. In fact a lack of progesterone is what is often responsible for miscarriages.

If there is no way possible for you to be pregnant (no matter how slight) then give it 4 to 6 weeks and see if you body goes into a normal cycle. A skipped period is not a big deal and happens sometimes for no known reason. Don't use PC during this time frame until after you have had a normal period.

If your period comes within a few days then you can try the PC starting on day 12. If it again screws up your cycle, then PC may not be right for you. You may want to get a hormone test at that point to see what your profile is.

Hope this has been some help. Keep us posted on how you are doing.

waxingmoon

Progesterone Cream
January 3 2007 at 2:07 AM CHRISTINA (no login)
I have heard many pros and cons to the use of progesterone cream. I mostly heard that menopausal women and those suffering from bad PMS should only use it, as it may increase chances of breast cancer. Does anyone know anything about this? I am 22 and a small 34B and have been trying various herbs for getting a more full look. I am also on birth control, so does anyone know if it'd be ok to try progesterone cream, how much/often/etc? Any advice would be very much appreciated!! Thanks gals!

emmie
(Login emmiedee)
i heard the same
January 3 2007, 5:02 PM

i actually was just reading today that the state of california has declared that the use of progesterone cream can lead to cancer...

i dont know the details, just read that on an advertisement for the cream in the warning section.

anyone else have some info?

Whitney
(Login Magickwomun)
Re: Progesterone Cream
January 3 2007, 7:00 PM

I've wondered about progesterone cream myself and I've read about it here on the forum and around the net. I've concluded that it's ok to use it temporarily to balance hormones prior to NBE and during breaks to balance and regulate hormones but using it long term seems a bit risky to me, but it seems damn near everything can cause cancer these days too, something I shouldn't worry about from progesterone cream considering I'm still puffing like a chimney on cigarettes (the quitting smoking thing is just not working out for me, I'm going in for that shot next month) I think I'm going to try the cream for a week a or 2 prior to beginning my program but I'm a bit uncomfortable applying it directly to my breasts or using it for any longer than that. Can anyone else shed some light on this subject?

CHRISTINA
(no login)
January 3 2007, 9:04 PM

Yes anyone who has more info on the use of progesterone cream please comment! I have read here and there that women have used it on their breasts and gotten positive results. Curious as to other opinions. Thanks!!

daena
(Login daena1979)
what i think
January 3 2007, 9:58 PM

hi christina,

i think that you are taking in too much chemicals for you body already. so it would be hazardous for you to take in more. what i can advise for you is Siluette Cream. i've been using this product for a couple of months now and it really helped me build up my bust size. hope it could help you out too..

you can check their site out at: http://www.siluettecream.com

daena

Moonkissed
(Login Moonkissed)
January 4 2007, 12:37 AM

I have read that it takes about two years to get progesterone cream out of one's system after ceasing use. Anyone know if this is true?

tati
(no login)
January 4 2007, 12:54 AM

what? how does it cause cancer? i just read an article where some man said his wife got her boobs back after pregnancy by using progesterone cream. I was considering using it myself...but now i want more info on how it can cause cancer...though i do feel having a B cup would be worth the risk...and havenever met someone small breasted with breast cancer

tati
(no login)
January 4 2007, 1:24 AM

i googledprogesterone cream and breast cancer and have found nothing that says it causes it. the only thing i did find is that birth control pills can cause it. I also found that a site that said that only artificial progesterone causes breast cancer, such as that in birth control pills, and several other sites that say that progesterone cream may help PREVENT cancer

has anyone here been massaging progesterone cream and seeing any results?

Katrina
(Login mountainkat)
January 4 2007, 1:49 AM

Absolutely, but mainly if you over-use it. You should on use it days 14-21 of your mentrual cycle to be safe.

Also, I would advise you not to use it on fatty areas of your body, especially the breasts because it stores in fatty tissues a lot longer and can cause an imbalance in your estrogen/progesterone levels. I only use it on my wrists and only a very small amount if any at all.

waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
January 4 2007, 1:53 AM

Please, if you have any concerns about Natural progesterone, read the writing of Dr. John Lee. He will settle your mind on this issue. His books are a great wealth of knowledge and I think you will find the helpfull.

I use natural progesterone cream and I will continue to use it. I have no fear of it promoting cancer, in fact I know that my cancer risk has been reduced because of it.

Not only am I healthier because of natural progesterone, it is the reason I have had success with NBE.

Again, do not overuse it, but it is safe when used properly.

waxingmoon

CANCER HAZARD OF NATURAL PROGESTERONE CREAM!
April 24 2007 at 3:26 PM
faerycat (Login faerycat)
I know it's a looooooong read girls.......but please try and stick with it to the end.

http://www.gaiaresearch.co.za/progestero...erone_myth

Am pig sick after reading that. We girls seem doomed! :-{

Stay healthy and safe!

Love

=^_^= x

waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
Re: CANCER HAZARD OF NATURAL PROGESTERONE CREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
April 25 2007, 4:40 AM

Wow Faerycat - thanks for the heads up on that article.

That took forever to read and some of the most clearly written stuff was at the end. I think a lot of people may have trouble getting through it all. There was a lot of scientific jargon and professional tit for tat going on in that read.

Basically, it informs us that there is a risk of cancer with the use of progesterone. Just like there is a risk of cancer with the use of estrogen. What this article is trying to debunk is the myth that natural progesterone is completely safe. And I think it does that loud and clear.

What this article does not do is put anything into perspective. In fact, if you read this article all the way through, you may be of the opinion that all women should have their ovaries taken out before puberty to completely remove hormonally driven cancer risks.

Here is one part I found to be helpful (this is the whole transcript):

Early menarche, late menopause, parity, and late age of first pregnancy are each independent risk factors. Early age of menarche translates into earlier hormone exposure to estrogen and progesterone and to breast epithelial cell growth. The ovarian hormones, estrogen and progesterone, play a pivotal, paradoxical role in normal and neoplastic development of the mammary gland. **** Long duration of estrogen and progesterone are associated with increased breast cancer risk, while short duration of pregnancy level doses are associated with reduced breast cancer risk. ***** These hormones induce alterations in gene expression in the mammary epithelial cells, which persist for a long time after the hormones are withdrawn from the host.” (Medina D, Endocrine-Related Cancer, 12 (3), 2005)

The starred part is what I wanted to talk about:

**** Long duration of estrogen and progesterone are associated with increased breast cancer risk, while short duration of pregnancy level doses are associated with reduced breast cancer risk. *****

This is saying that there is some protective effect in short duration pregnancy dosages of both of these hormones. This would seem to me to say that as long as we keep our exposure to pregnancy levels and only for the duration of pregnancy (9 months) there should actually be a protective effect.

What are pregnancy levels?? Heck, I don't know, but I am going to find out. I never intended to use progesterone cream forever and now I have a cut off point. 9 months and then no more - and also no more of the vitex since it stimulates progesterone. For me that means the end of June.

Am I worried that I have done harm to myself. Not at all. Since using progesterone cream there has been a tremendous improvement in my over-all health. I am not worried that these changes are temporary. I feel the use of natural progesterone is allowing my body to finally balance a hormone mayhem that has plagued me since puberty.

So is there a risk. Yes, but there seems to be about as much risk from just being female. Like anything else, too much of a good thing can be a bad thing. So, limit the amount you use, limit how long you use it and don't worry about it.

At least that how I feel,
waxingmoon

faerycat
(Login faerycat)
April 25 2007, 8:58 AM

Cheers for your thoughts and feedback on this one waxingmoon ;-)

I did a lot more research after reading that last night. You may like to read what I found as it is the other side of the coin ;-P

http://www.johnleemd.com/store/pgattack.html

http://www.hormonewell.com/release-stay_...marin.html

Which goes to say, these last 2 articles make a helluva lot more sense than that first one.

It just goes to show how much damage so-called reputable people can cause. Lots of people follow Lynne McTaggart and WDDTY. Hey, Lynne and her cronies just might be correct........but the original article read (imho) as a scathing attack against something they know little about.

How are you getting on with NPC? How long have you been using it? I'm into my second week and so far so good. Will re-evalue things after 3 months, but I do feel comfortable using it.

Love

=^_^= x

PS. If you root around that gaia site, they attack everything from sunscreen to organic veg. Seems that everything out there is gonna kill us.....all except their products........lolz

waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
April 25 2007, 1:47 PM

Yeah, gaia was trying the old 'blinding you with science' routine to promote their opinion. I guess that was what I found most frustrating about that article. They mixed commentary and opinions with scientific summarys. They were also rather biased in how they highlighted certain parts of articles to reflect their progesterone negative view. I liked the end of the article where they just listed the scientific studies. I learned some things and it has helped me reach a decision about when to stop using progesterone cream.

I have been on PC since September 06. I started it because I had all the symptoms of estrogen dominance. I kept with it because from the first week of use so many of my symptoms completely disappeared. The bonus was that I grew an inch the first month I was on it. (by the way, I grew an inch without using it on my breasts - I just applied it to thin skinned areas of my body)

The most pesky symptom that PC helps me with is anxiety that hits me about day 8 of my cycle. It was so strong and yet responded immediately to PC. This was a problem because I had to fight myself to get to day 12 to start applying PC. Vitex has seemed to be the remedy to that.
I have been on vitex since December.

When I started PC I used about 60mg a day. I tapered to 40mg and after a little trouble have now stabilized at 20 mg per day. I use it from day 12 to the first day of my period. I have used it on my breasts in an attempt to rid myself of fibrocystic lumps. I would apply it to my breasts every 3rd day. It worked. No more lumpy breasts.

All in all PC has been very, very good to me. Dr John Lee's books have been my mentor - as well as other research. Dr. Lee always promoted the safe effects found in small amounts (20mg) and I believe he is correct. He never promoted long term use and he never promoted high amounts.

I hope PC will help you out. Remember, your first couple of months may not reveal how much it will help as there is an initial rise in estrogen due to progesterone's activation of estrogen receptors.

Please let me know how you are progressing,
waxingmoon

faerycat
(Login faerycat)
April 25 2007, 10:43 PM

Hi waxingmoon!

Am into my 2nd week of NPC, perimenopausal.... and my boobs have shrunk.

My whole body has shrunk as the NPC seems to have sloughed off all the excess estrogenic weight.........but *sobs* my boobs have gone too :-{

Is this normal do you know?

When I got the hormone results back last week, I just quit all the herbs n stuff I'd been taking, including vitex. Decided to go back on vitex today as I do feel that something else at least is needed to keep me down. Am trying to fight constant fatigue, sore knee and ankle joints, mood swings, depression, anxiety etc. So far, no bloating this month, but it is early days. I mean, lately I can remain normal and thin til the day of my period..........then BAMMO!!..........instant swell round thighs and bum. It's weird. I can go into the shower in the morning skinny and emerge looking like a whale. I used to swell gradually on the week leading up to a period. So not sure what is gonna happen next week.

But the boob shrink has really pooped me off. Had worked sooooo hard to grow them, now this.

Any help or advice much appreciated.

x

waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
April 26 2007, 2:53 AM

Hi Faerycat,

I think you may be reacting to something other than NPC. (although of course we all can have very different reactions to the same substances...)

The initial response to progesterone cream is usually an increase in estrogen symptoms. You say you have 'sloughed off' your estrogen weight, but I don't think so. Not this soon into PC use.

I can see how weight loss, no matter what the cause could be responsible for your apparent loss of breast size.

Your symptoms sound a lot like estrogen dominance, but they also sound like hypothyroid. And yes, estrogen dominance makes hypothyroidism more likely.

I think these last 12 days you have had a big fluid retention loss - or perhaps dehydrated. If you were overdoing it on estrogen herbs, strangely enough, you may have shut down your receptors with a lower dose form of estrogen. (it all depends on what herbs you were using)
Now you are using PC, which has made available more estrogen receptors, but they might still be filled by the overload of estrogen herbs. If you have lost body fat, you have released stored estrogen (which collects in body fat).

One thing for sure, you are one unhappy hormonally imbalanced lady right now. However, the body is a 'self cleaning oven'. This is by no means permanent. Also as I recall, you are like me, in your 40's which is a time of perimenopausal mayhem.

Here is my suggestion. Stay on PC this cycle. Keep taking the vitex for at least 3 months. You may do better to NOT use PC until this storm passes. As I said, the initial body reaction to PC is an increase in estrogen effect. You don't need that right now, - but don't stop abruptly since you already began it this cycle. When your period comes, stop using the cream.

What you should do in the mean time is :

Drink plenty of water (10 -8 ounce glasses a day - this will rehydrate you and flush out your tissues)

Massage your breasts twice a day for at least 5 minutes (improve the circulation in your breast and stimulate prolactin which may help with this hormone storm)

Take 25 grams of whey protein powder twice a day (this allows your body to build whatever hormones it needs and will support NBE)

Take 2000 - 5000 mg of buffered vitamin C per day (a precursor to collagen - an anti-inflammatory -good support for a body in crisis)

Take psyllium husk or other fiber daily (helps reduce toxins)

Sleep 7 - 10 hours per day (sleep phases are when our body does most of its 'repair' work and hormone building)

Keep that wonderful positive attitude going! This too shall pass and your breast will be as big and beautiful as before.

Keep us posted of how you are doing. We are all rooting for you.

Best wishes,
waxingmoon

P.S. - thanks for all the great links to articles lately -you have really added to my research lists

Anon Man
(no login)
I think Dr Lee is probably correct
April 26 2007, 4:20 AM

I think womens hormones are a very complex balancing act. I haven't read his books, I am still reading and learning too, but it sounds like there is a certain lever of estrogen and progesterone that keeps your bodies healthy. After menopause your bodies lose their pre menopausal levels of hormones. That must be part of the trigger that sets off these cancers. Yes, some is diet, some is exercise, stress, but if you can track your hormone levels prior to menopause, and after, I wonder if you have better luck in staying healthy?

Worried Because of PC Cream
March 14 2008 at 3:05 AM
chocochip (Login chocochip)
Hi everyone, I first want to thank everyone who post all the wonderful information and personal trials, they're a real help. Smile I've been a long time lurker, reading back every single pagefor any questions but i really need your expertise now.

For my method of NBE, I decided to use the progesterone cream. I've been using the NOW brand that pumps 30mg. Okay, I understood that you are supposed to use starting day 12 with day one being the first day of your period. I first started using PC cream last month. This is how it's been:

February 6, 2008- first day of period so I counted this as day one.
February 16/17 2008- Applied my first dose of PC cream on the night of the 16th. This is my day 12 of my cycle.
February 25, 2008- Period started again, so I immediately stopped using PC cream that night. (Counted this as day One again)
March 7,2008- Day 12, so started up PC cream again.
March 13, 2008- period started again?!

Why is my cycle so messed up? I'm really worried and annoyed. Sad I thought the PC cream would be perfect for me, because i did take the online hormone imbalance survey/test and I had almost all of the estrogen dominant symptoms. In fact, I've suffered from severe depression before and am easily stressed out, both of which I am aware uses up your body's natural progesterone. But with using PC cream, I noticed that although I am physically still affected with bloating and all, I did get minimum amount of cramps/backpains than normal and a significant increase in mood (lack of PMS). I really am at loss of what I should do... I read that first time PC users might experience more estrogen dominant symptoms when they first start because of the sudden increase in progesterone, but I didn't read anywhere about your cycle getting weird. Oh, and I don't think there were any increase in the bustline either. Again, thanks for reading this.

chocochip
(Login chocochip)
Re: Worried Because of PC Cream
March 14 2008, 3:09 AM

Oh, and i also realized that although there weren't any significant change in scale, my body shape is changing, with my thighs become incredibly thick. Which makes me sad because my jeans won't fit me anymore!

This message has been edited by chocochip on Mar 30, 2008 12:01 AM

Hopeful88
(Login Hopeful88)
March 14 2008, 4:35 AM

Well I've never used PC and I know our favorite expert waxingmoon will answer this as soon as she sees it but until then just thought I'd throw in a comment. I have read that it is not necessairly day 12 you should start. It really all depends on how long your normal cycles are. So for some people this would be day 15 even 17 and so forth kno what I mean? So perhaps you are starting too early and that is what is messing up your periods and ovulation.

Best wishes though dear, hope you get this all figured out soon.

This message has been edited by Hopeful88 on Mar 14, 2008 4:38 AM

waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
March 14 2008, 5:14 AM

Hi Chocochip,
I am sorry to hear you are having this problem as you began to use progesterone cream. I think Hopeful may be correct. The symptoms you are experiencing could be due to progesterone being used too soon before ovulation - and as a result stopped you from ovulating. This would explain the short cycles.

Since you started using progesterone cream to treat estrogen dominance symtoms have you felt an improvement in some of them? If you are feeling an overall positive effect (with this one exception of early cycles) then try starting your next round of progesterone on day 15 or later. It may take another cycle for this to work itself out. I know I experienced some increased estrogen based symptoms when I first began using the cream. I also started using the cream too early once and it stopped me from ovulating that cycle.

There are saliva tests you can purchase online. Dr John Lee's website sells them and so do other places. Just to be safe you might want to verify your hormone state before continuing with progesterone cream.

waxingmoon

chocochip
(Login chocochip)
March 14 2008, 10:00 AM

if i start at day 15 then for how long should i apply the cream?

About the effects of PC cream, i definitely don't suffer from PMS symptoms anymore...even others have told me that I'm less irritable. Physically, i still feel bloated and my breasts swell couple of days before and during my cycle but i don't have any more back pains or migranes or anything like that. So i think the progesterone cream is definitely more helpful. As for growth, i'm actually not sure...it takes time though right? It's only been a month anyway.

btw, thanks for replying so quickly! i knew you are an expert on this subject (i've read several threads on other pages before with your extensive answers and your page before) so i was really hoping that you'd share some insight on my problem. Smile So all i can do now is to start counting over...? Since today will be day 2 now, i'll just wait 13days later to day 15 and start applying again. But if i start at the 15th day, until what day should i continue? I thought you're supposed to have rest days as well. Also, how long did it take for your estrogen symptoms to go away? The 3rd month? 2nd? And when did the growth seem more apparent?

waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
March 14 2008, 2:18 PM

Hi Chocochip,
The reason I say start on day 15 is so that you have a chance to ovulate before you begin to use the PC. Some women get very clear signs of ovulation (lower pelvic pains and a change in the character of vaginal discharge) -hopefully these signs will be present when you begin your PC.

You should continue for 16 days or until your period starts. Now here is the tricky part. Dosage of your progesterone is supposed to be 20mg X 16 days = 320 mg per month (according to Dr Lee). Let's say you were only able to use the PC for 10 days (a really early period) -this would allow you to use 30mg per day and still come out about the same total dosage wise. Of course you don't know how long your cycle will be -but, if you are consistently having very short cycles you can use that as your basis. (by the way he did suggest higher dosages might be necessary the first 3 months to combat some very stubborn estrogen dominance cases -read his book if you really want to be an expert on how you can modify your progesterone dosage)

As I recall some of my symptoms went away with the first application (anxiety) and some resolved after about 3 to 4 months. My program page speaks of some of my adventure. I also began using Vitex about 2 months after beginning PC and I think that was very helpful in controlling the symptoms I was getting from day 1 -12 of my cycle (I was really climbing the walls during those days and made the mistake of starting my dosage too early)

My growth happened all at once within the first month of use. It was a great surprise to me. I had a little more growth my first year of use but it was much slower. I have read through my studies of progesterone about cases of other women who grew about a cup size. On Eve's forum I have never heard of anyone who got the response I did. It really is all about our body's individual differences that produces this wide range of reactions.

You might achieve growth and it might be slower than what happened to me. However as I have recently stated on another thread - Progesterone cream should not be used solely for the purposes of NBE.

waxingmoon

Progesterone cream and BCP - (waxingmoon or someone)
June 25 2009 at 7:13 PM CousinRose (Login CousinRose)
I am almost sure I have to little progesterone and I want to try to take natural progesterone cream. However I am using the birth control pill (the one with progesterone only) and was wondering if it would effect the natural progesterone cream. Does anyone know?

waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
Re: Progesterone cream and BCP - (waxingmoon or someone)
June 25 2009, 8:44 PM

Hi CousinRose,

You being on birth control pills complicates things. The artificial progesterone within your pill connects to your progesterone receptors but does not have all of the effects as natural progesterone.

If you looked at a molecule of artificial progesterone its shape resembles testosterone more than natural progesterone. For hormones, the shape of the molecule is very important.

Think of it this way. The lock to your car door is specific to your car. Other car keys won't even fit the lock. Keys similar to the make of your car will fit the lock but won't open the door. If you have an older model car with a glove box they used to make valet keys that would open the car door and start the engine but would not open the glove box. The artificial progesterone is sort of like that valet key. It can do some of the things that natural progesterone can do, but not all of them.

But the artificial progesterone does fit into the 'lock' - it does this and keeps the natural progesterone from getting there. If you were to take your BCP and also use natural progesterone cream then there would be a competition. Some of your receptors might get the natural, but some of them would get the artificial. This would modify and reduce your results.

Also, I am not sure that using progesterone cream while you are already taking enough artificial progesterone to make your body think it is pregnant would be a good idea. You can get too much progesterone.

Dr John Lee who wrote the book "what your doctor may not tell you about premenopause" says that those who use birth control do not benefit from using progesterone cream due to the competition issue.

Your body is being held in an artificial state where it thinks it is pregnant. This means you do not ovulate. That would make using vitex useless as well.

I would say for you - as long as you remain on BCP especially the progesterone only one a hormone test will not give you any useful information. The test might say you had enough progesterone - but if it was the artificial kind then you might still have estrogen dominance symptoms.

I really don't know how to advise you to proceed while using the BCP. Progesterone/estrogen BCP are also a problem in this regard. If it wouldn't result in an unplanned pregnancy I would suggest finding another form of birth control if your estrogen dominance symptoms are very bad.

In the mean time you might try lowering your estrogen by using crushed flaxseed. This low potency phytoestrogen will attach to your estrogen receptors and block them from more potent estrogen.

Best wishes,
waxingmoon

Can progesterone cream cause or make acne worse
February 17 2009 at 11:52 PM Glamma (Login Glamma)
The more I research pc the more scared I become about using this hormone. I have ED for sure but i keep reading on different sites that progesterone can cause acne. Has pc caused anyone to develop acne or made their acne worse?

LaReve
(Login LaReve)
Re: Can progesterone cream cause or make acne worse
February 18 2009, 3:38 AM

I tried Progesterone cream one time and it totally made me break out. Scared the heck out of me so I only took it for about a week. I didn't really know what I was doing or whether I actually needed it, but I probably DIDN'T need it. It also made me really antsy and I couldn't sit still or fall asleep at night. It was a nightmare!
Just goes to show hormones are not to be toyed with!

waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
February 18 2009, 4:45 AM

Hi Glamma,

A very common initial side effect of using progesterone cream is an increase in the total amount of estrogen in the body. This is because the progesterone initially activates dormant estrogen receptors, allowing them to pick up estrogen molecules.

Estrogen is known to cause acne and that is certainly one possible side effect. However, not everyone experiences this and if they do, it is not usually extreme.

The initial estrogen upwelling dies down when the progesterone levels are more normal. This can take a couple of months.

There is a very similar side effect when people begin using vitex.

If you believe you are estrogen dominant then a saliva or blood test can let you know for sure.

One possible way to lower the risk of acne is to begin taking crushed flaxseed for several weeks prior to using the progesterone cream. The crushed flaxseed is a very low dose phytoestrogen that will block your estrogen receptors from more potent estrogen. That way the initial side effects of progesterone use can be reduced. If you are serious about treating your estrogen dominance then lowering high estrogen levels is very important so you would want to use the crushed flaxseed anyway.

Hope this is some help,
waxingmoon

Glamma
(Login Glamma)
February 18 2009, 4:58 PM

Thanx a lot waxingmoon. I will definitely take the crushed flaxseed before using pc. My acne has really started to calm down recently, I’d hate for it to flare up again.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon