Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

What's GABA all about?

GABA
July 14 2006 at 2:35 PM littlelibrarian (no login)
I just ordered GABA and will receive it any day now. How much should I take, the pills only came in doses of 500mg +B-6 2mg per capsule. I'm 41, have 3 kids whom I sucessfully breastfed for 1 year each child. I massage am with wild yam extract, and pm with fengreek. I take 1 fenugreek (500mg), 1 saw palmetto (500mg), 1 red clover berries (500mg) three times per day. I also take 2 BGP in the morning.

rach
(Login rkai93)
Re: GABA
July 14 2006, 5:58 PM

500 mg at night

SassiP
(Login SassiP)
similar routine
July 14 2006, 7:39 PM

Hi,

It sounds like you've read the Flat2 Fab ebook. Ive read it too and have a similar routine. I also take BGP. My routine is listed under personal programs forum, you're welcome to read it.

I believe GABA should be atleast 750mg taken before bed. I took it for about 3 nights and stopped because I'd wake up in the morning feeling really bloated. I assumed it was GABA so stopped taking it.

How have your results been thus far?

SassiP

Anonymous
(Login rkai93)
July 14 2006, 8:04 PM

750 is alot - maybe that's why you woke up feeling out of sorts?? dunno
I love it

Anonymous
(no login)
July 14 2006, 10:29 PM

I take 1 third of a teaspoon every night and since ive been taking it had had improvement in growth love jelly.......

fawnmarie
(Login fawnmarie)
GABA
July 18 2006, 1:19 AM

Some people can't take GABA, because it causes hot flashes or rushing sounds in their ears.

I'm not entirely sure why Lucy recommended GABA, it's hardly the most popular growth hormone stimulant.

Other ones are l'arginine and l'ornithine.

However, if you have any kind of herpes infection, you should use lysine with them.

Fawn

sandy
(Login sandy111)
TO Fawinmarie
April 24 2007, 12:04 PM

Hi.I found the botanical website very useful and it helped me a lot..But i have one question about L-tyrosine.i read that it also reduces fat from the body,and i think this is bad for NBE right?I am on DNE brand.Eventhough it also says it stimulates growth hormone,I'm wonedring if it is more harmful than useful.Please help me with any information available..Thanks

Snowflake
(Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS
April 24 2007, 5:04 PM

There are lots of herbs that make us feel bloated and crampy, gaba also may have this affect for some people, however always think about using fennel or wild yam both in the low dose range to relieve the bloated feeling. I have used both, fennel for bloat and wild yam for monthly ovary pain and swelling and both work well together for the reasons above. Consider these if concidering GABA.

L-Arginine/L-Ornithine / PLEASE any suggestions.
April 28 2006 at 11:14 AM
MyKids3 (Login MyKids3)
EVE MEMBERS
In reading about GABA, I came across L-Arginine/L-Ornithine.
How are these good for BE?I know it sounds like a dumb question.
How would I know if it would be ok for me to take?Im 34 yrs old.Do you think they would help boost things along a little?
Fenugreek gives me headaches(BAD headaches.Also I had no energy when taking it.I would like to try Red Clover,But im affraid it would do the same thing.Hops is suppose to make you sleepy,Right?
I would really like to add something else,but really dont know what else to add.
Im already taking Fennel,Saw Palmetto and Wild Yam,and a multivitamin.I just recently Slowly upped the herbs from 1 pill each a day to 2 pills a day each.Ive been checkin'things out and havent come up with anything on my own.So if any of you have any suggestions,PLEASE feel free to throw some my way!
Thanks A Bunch!!!!

: ) KEEP SMILIN'!

Snowflake
(Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS
Hey MK3,
April 28 2006, 12:24 PM

It sounds like fenugreek didn't agree with you either. Have you ever had your blood sugar checked. Our side effects sound so similar. Be careful if you try RC it will lower blood sugar as well as fenugreek. Maybe thats why you are so tired too. Just something to keep in mind. One way to find out is to have several candies through out the day and see if it makes a difference with energy level and headaches. As far as the things your are asking about I know nothing. Hope you get feeling better soon. Its a drag to be tired all the time. Take Care MK3 and good luck in finding herbs that will work better for you!!!!!!

MK3
(Login MyKids3)
EVE MEMBERS
Thanks Snowflake
April 28 2006, 2:54 PM

I did stp using Fenugreek some time ago,not long,but after I stopped using it I already felt better.Plus I added the multivitamin after I stopped using Fenugreek.
All I see about L-A and L-O is something for body builders and for men for enhancement or whatever.I would like to try it but I dont what it do mess me up or mess my BE thing up as well.I know Lisa or Jelly(I forget who) used it a boobie batter,so topically,ok,but as far as internally Im still not sure.

Snowflake
(Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS
Had to go through my notes,
April 28 2006, 3:07 PM

But L-Tyrosine triggers growth hormone/pituitary gland, taken internally. its lots of brand name breast enhancement pills. Will do more research and get back to you. I think these three herbs or whatever they are, are MUCH stronger than regualar herbs. Becareful with this stuff!!! Get back to You MK3.

Sunset
(no login)
Protien
April 28 2006, 3:19 PM

Is what alot of those Body builders use it for. As you know protien is important for NBE because I "think" it helps new cells grow?

One of those amino acids actually speeds up the metabolism and burns fat. I would stay away from that one. We dont want to loose boobage fat!!..lol
I "think" it is the L-A that does this but I am not "certain" It will tell you on the bottle what its basiclly for/does.

Snowflake
(Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS
These Ingredients are in ALOT or NBE formulas.
April 28 2006, 5:15 PM

L-Tyrosine is a direct precursor to Thyroxine, a primary thyroid hormone, as well as Adrenaline and Nor-adrenaline. Thyroxine has been found to increase metabolic rate and control growth rate. L-Tyrosine is a necessary amino acid in the production of neurotransmitters including epinephrine, norepinephrine, and dopamine. L-Tyrosine also appears to have a mild stimulatory effect on the central nervous system.

Growth Hormone: L-arginine and L-ornithine have been shown to promote natural growth hormone (GH) release from the pituitary gland. GH promotes healthy anabolic metabolism throughout the body, helping to maintain youthful protein synthesis within cells. Aging causes a decline in protein synthesis that results in many of the degenerative diseases of ageing, which may be partially corrected by enhancing GH serum levels. You can measure the GH enhancing effects of L-arginine/L-ornithine by measuring your blood levels of somatomedin C (IGF-1), a GH metabolite. L-ornithine is generally considered to be twice as potent as L-arginine for the purpose of GH release, so L-ornithine alone or in combination with L-arginine enables a person to take a smaller amount and still achieve the same GH releasing effects They directly affect the pituitary gland.

Lisa xsxsxs :-)
(Login seemonkeyme)
EVE MEMBERS
Re: L-Arginine/L-Ornithine / PLEASE any suggestions.
April 28 2006, 5:31 PM

Booby Greetings
I take L-A\L-O because I couldnt find any gaba. hers why After you reach the of 30 your body almost comes to a complete halt on producing HGH. and you need HGH to grow Boobys LOL. And it basicly speeds up the prossess ( supposivley ) But it is only a recomendation not really sure if it nessescery. My neighbor is a DR. and she said it would be a wise decision to take it. so I'm just doin what the Dr ordered.

Sunset
(Login liquidSunset)
EVE MEMBERS
LISA!
April 28 2006, 5:36 PM

I seen you said you got ANOTHER 1/2" So now you've gained a total of 3/4" in just 3 DAYS!!!!

MAN, You might be on to something. Ok, So do you just put those aminos into massage or do you take them orally as well? I thought you said you were already takeing those orally to begin with, is that correct?

Definately keep this up, it seems to be speeding you right through everything!!

Now my concern is since its such fast results, are you getting stretch marks? I know the CB helps to prevent them, But you have grown almost a whole inch in 3-4 days of this!!

Keep it up Lis, Great work! Big Grin

(Login seemonkeyme)
EVE MEMBERS
April 28 2006, 7:27 PM

Oh sorry I meant a total of 1/2 inch. I take 1 orrally before bed and I dissolve 1 in very little hot water and mix it with the other ingredients. Lisaxxxx

Mk3
(Login MyKids3)
EVE MEMBERS
Once Again
April 28 2006, 7:35 PM

Thank you!BOY, I feel like a dummy today,all these questions.
I think I will add those with my herbs here.I found something this morning that combined L-A and L-O and something else,cant remember what it is at the moment.But it sounds good to me,and it wont make me feel "funky" or anything.So I will try it.I will definetly use it with the boobie batch or 'Witches Brew'as some may call it.

(Login seemonkeyme)
EVE MEMBERS
April 28 2006, 7:40 PM

Your not being dumb today . I dont blame you for asken questions. I would to Tongue is the other L-Carnitine? I have some of that its supposed to give it a boost. I havent taken any yet I just dont want to over do it. I might try it tonight OR my next cycle. Lisaxxxx And your very welcome Smile

L-ARGININE \ L-ORNITHINE \ L-CARNITINE
April 21 2006 at 11:06 PM
Lisa (Login seemonkeyme)
EVE MEMBERS
I will be starting my program soon... Just wondering I know cause of my age ( 38 ) ouch!!! I have to take a supplement for growth hormone. I am planning on takeing L-arginine.. I have been doing some research on this and found out that when usen this L-ornithine and L-carnitine should also be used to help aid the L-arginine... Now I did find L-arginine and L-ornithine combined together in 1 capsule 500 mg of L-a and 250 mg of L-o and found L-carnitine to take along with it... Now my question is does this sound safe? I mean I would asume it would be.. Has anyone taken these?

Tap
(Login Tap69)
EVE MEMBERS
Amino acids
April 22 2006, 1:08 AM

Been doing some research for ya.. they are commonly packaged together because they work well in combination. I would say.. stick to recommended dosages and pay attention to the responses of your body. One article I read, says the combo is very effective at boosting growth hormones.. Quote: "L-arginine/L-ornithine cause the release of growth hormone by different mechanisms, so they are even more effective when taken together... other benefits include increased oxidation of fats and increase protein synthesis"

One small consideration however, this combo of amino acids is popular for body builders who want to increase muscle bulk and decrease fat... I'm not sure that metabolising too much fat would be good for NBE, since we want to try and store some (eventually) in our boobies. But you're probably not lifting truck loads of weights, are you? Let us know how you go Smile

Lisa
(Login seemonkeyme)
EVE MEMBERS
hmmmm
April 22 2006, 1:57 AM

no not lifting trucks or weights could some extra weight not much though
maybe I will try it for a while to see what happens and if I dont see any results I can drop th ornithine.. hmmmm what to do what to do...
you have been so helpful Smile thanks Tap

gaba and your results ???
April 10 2006 at 12:16 AM jellyboobs (Login jellyboobs)
EVE MEMBERS
hi girls, how many of you girls have tried gaba ? what difference do you feel it made if any anddid you have any side effects ? p.s im so glad im part of this great forum love jelly.....

Surf
(Login Surf.)
EVE MEMBERS
Re: gaba and your results ???
April 10 2006, 12:33 PM

I started GABA on 3/29/06. I have noticed no side effects. I simply wanted to add it to my routine, as it is recommended by flat2fab book for women over 30. It helps to increase growth hormone. The only side effect that I can find is a mild tingling around the face, which is said to be harmless and will only last a few minutes.

Boobie blessing to all today!

SugarQ
(Login SugarQ)
Re: gaba and your results ???
April 10 2006, 4:45 PM

just so you know growth hormone is responisble for removing fat which is why body builders use it. when you exercise growth hormone goes up to help you burn energy. its actually IGF-1 which is responsible for NBE and its made from growth hormone in the liver. be careful with gaba there is a reason why body builders love it so much. it can easily work again NBE. so its better to just do more exercise then to load up on gaba.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon