Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Borage Oil

Borage Oil
May 1 2008 at 10:39 AM Babe (no login)
What is the benefits of Borage oil? Where can I get it from? Does it have other names as I went to a few local chemists they said they've never heard of it........

waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
Re: Borage Oil
May 1 2008, 5:19 PM

Hi Babe,
Borage provides omega 6 fatty acids. I believe it also goes by the name starflower.

If you cannot find borage, you can use evening primrose oil which also provides omega 6 fatty acids. When I have looked at supplements of them both the totals and ratios of the fatty acids appeared about the same.

waxingmoon

topazblue
(Login topazblue)
May 2 2008, 12:32 PM

Hi Babe

Are you thinking about taking capsules or do you want to use the massage oil?

I haven't included borage oil in my routine because I have seen it any chemists/healthcare shops either. I only check if I'm passing by so I probably haven't searched really hard. Although it seems strange that its not as readily available as other countries.

jackie
(Login classyfashh)
May 2 2008, 1:32 PM

I use this product:
http://www.ecoseek.net/browse/image/623/

It contains borage oil but the other ingredients in it are these:

ingredients # sodium palmate, sodium cocoate, sodium palm kernelate, water (aqua), glycerin, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, borago officinalis (borage) seed oil, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf juice, retinyl palmitate (vitamin a), tocopheryl acetate (vitamin e), galactoarabinan (larch tree), guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, sodium gluconate, fragrance, titanium dioxide (ci77891

The ones I find most effective is, obviously the borage oil... shea butter, aloe vera, jojoba oil and vitamin E... so it's obviously not straight up borage oil.
But I like it.
Does anyone find this pointless and it won't be effective for NBE as it's not just borage?

Amy
(Login amy_m8427)
May 5 2008, 5:36 PM

Yes it's known as starflower oil as well & if you're in the UK you can buy it at Holland and Barratts. You can get 100 capsules with 1000mgs for £4.49 at the moment, they're on sale.

Amy:o)

topazblue
(Login topazblue)
May 11 2008, 7:24 AM

Hi Babe

Murphy's law, the week after I posted this message I found borage oil in 2 different shops. Both were selling this product by Nature's Own (Bullivants) http://www.naturesown.com.au/prod_details.php?ID=2917

I first found the product in the healthfood shop Healthy Life, however they said that they only order it by request. You might want to check your local one, store locations are here
http://www.healthylife.net.au/storelocat...tores=true

I also found it in a discount pharmacy, it's not a national store but I'm sure there should be an equivalent where you live..possibly epharmacy, pharmacy warehouse. It was $4 cheaper at the discount chemist.

Good luck.

Kekie
(Login Kekie)
May 11 2008, 10:08 PM

I bought plain old borage oil capsules at Walmart and cut them open and added them to the cream I was using a while back.

Borage oil
May 14 2006 at 6:45 PM Moon (Login -Moon-)
I noticed that lots of people have borage oil in their routines, or at least some kind of oil. I am now running out of my suplies and will be ordering soon again, so I thought that I might change or add something. So I'd like to know how exactly is borage oil good for NBE? I know that it is rich with gamma linoleic acid, but what does that do? Are there any cases when borage oil is especially good in NBE (like SP for example at high androgen levels)?

Tiger Lily
(Login tiger.lily)
Re: Borage oil
May 14 2006, 7:29 PM

The only supplement I take is Borage Oil. I took no other. I think it gave me a boost, but I know not why it works. I heard about it in Taiwan sites and I think for me it works, but I never knew the reason exactly.

Sherri
(Login Miss_Sherri)
EVE MEMBERS
May 14 2006, 8:57 PM

Moon, Borage oil contains phytoestrogens associated with its traditional use to increase breast milk in lactating mothers and to regulate hormones. Phytoestrogens are natural regulators of hormonal production (they stimulate the hormonal production). By stimulating the production of good estrogen, they have effects on the development of the breasts, which can be well visible in the first few weeks of use. (I felt an effect very soon after adding it to my own program-My breasts became very sore and tingly!) In addition, Borage oil contains essential minerals such as calcium and potassium, palmitic acid and tannins, and is particularly rich in Omega-6 essential fatty acids (especially gamma-linolenic acid), needed for proper cardiovascular function and healthy skin and nails. Smile

Borage oil has been used to treat rheumatoid arthritis, eczema, psoriasis, coronary dysfunction, high blood pressure and elevated cholesterol.

So Borage oil can increase breast milk in lactating mothers, regulate hormones (which helps NBE) and lowers blood pressure. The seeds, which are high in gammalinolenic acid, are also good for skin PMS. Omega-6 is also good to have for NBE.

Sherri
(Login Miss_Sherri)
EVE MEMBERS
May 14 2006, 8:59 PM

Sorry I meant that the seeds, which are high in gammalinolenic acid, are also good for skin AND PMS.
I hope this helps a little

Solitaire
(Login solitairian)
May 16 2006, 10:13 AM

I can't answer your question because I don't know exactly why Borage Oil is useful. But some time ago I noticed it was popular here and I decided to add it to my program and I'm sure it has really helped.

Anonymous
(Login -Moon-)
May 17 2006, 11:45 AM

Thanx for answers! Considering the positive effect on NBE success that you ladies report and the benefit it has for skin, I'm deffinitely going to order it.

Starflower Oil?
February 16 2006 at 10:13 AM Whitney (no login)
I just read that starflower oil can enhance breasts. Has anyone else here heard of this or tried it?

catwoman
(no login)
Re: Starflower Oil?
February 16 2006, 10:56 AM

i am not sure about starflower oil, but i did read a story about a lady in america who grew breasts purely on evening primrose oil.

Molly
(no login)
February 16 2006, 12:01 PM

Starflower is another name for Borage (borage flowers have the shape of a star).

Steph32
(no login)
February 16 2006, 3:19 PM

Hi Whitney:-) Starflower,Borage and EPO are all the same,GLA.Those are the EFA (essential fatty acids)that are known to help balance hormones and as mentioned above have been linked to NBE all by itself (rare I'm sure though).Personally I think EVERYONE should be on EFA's unless they eat ALOT of fish.These oils have MULTITUDES of benefits,topically EPO can improve eczema and skin immflamations,its being used to treat ADHD in children,some forms of mental illness in adults,the list is long,Im a BIG fan of these oils and I use EPO topically as a NBE method as well (for my massage oil).

SugarQ
(no login)
February 16 2006, 5:55 PM

Whitney, where did you hear this about starflower? was it this forum?

Steph
(no login)
Which of the 3 GLA oils is the best?
February 16 2006, 6:55 PM

For the sake of newbies,how would u all answer that in ur personal opinion? Im aware that Borage has the higher GLA content however one of the members (I dont remember who,hopefully she will see this and post back) mentioned that EPO is considered safer b/c Borage may have unfiltered toxins or something like that?? I know many members opt for the Borage and are just fine but for the sake of making an "imformed" descion,does anyone have feedback on this?

Whitney
(no login)
starflower
February 17 2006, 2:44 AM

I read about starflower oil at a sight called "FAQ Farm", in the health section, the site however has nothing to do with BE. A woman on there stated she had enhanced her breasts taking starflower oil alone, but I see now that it is the same thing as borage oil.

SugarQ
(no login)
February 17 2006, 4:54 AM

yeah, its a real treat to find sites not relating to NBE talking about NBE. sometimes they are not true but we already can link borage oil to NBE. on this forum there are women who used it with herbs and had success. i even read elsewhere that a women only used EPO for NBE and believed it made her grow. thanks for sharing Whitney

Borage oil dosages
March 6 2006 at 4:50 PM K-dub (no login)
To all of those taking borage oil for their NBE, how many mg are you taking a day?

Sunset
(no login)
I think
March 6 2006, 6:49 PM

I seen somewhere on here that 1000mg a day is good to start with. (2-500mg a day)

I use the EPO and I take 1000mg a day of that. Many girls on here prefer borage over EPO so maybe one of them can help you out a little more.

Mrs.Taylor
(Login Mrs.Taylor)
EVE MEMBERS
Re: Borage oil dosages
March 8 2006, 4:30 AM

Can you take borage oil and EPO and will it help your NBE to get better progress.Im only on EPO

Steph
(no login)
March 8 2006, 4:48 AM

I consider GLA oils to be extremely beneficial however TOO MUCH of ANYTHING has atleast the potential to become a BAD thing so I would advise not to take them BOTH Ms.T. Borage is much higher in GLA than EPO is,many members take Borage and they are healthy and growing bigger boobs but for the sake of education of newbies,keep in mind that Borage can be toxic when its not handled properly by the manufacturer so some people choose EPO for that reason "just in case" but again NO members have ever encountered toxicicty to my knowledge.

Anonymous
(no login)
March 9 2006, 4:00 AM

sunset, i thought you hadn't eve started your routine yet???

Sherri
(no login)
March 9 2006, 4:12 AM

Haven't started my herbs yet, waiting for my period but I will be taking 1000mg a day.

Anonymous
(no login)
March 9 2006, 4:15 AM

again, she ask for those of us who "are taking borage" and have somewhat of an idea what we're talking about. Not you who aren't even on herbs yet and have no experience

Mrs.Taylor
(Login Mrs.Taylor)
EVE MEMBERS
Feel Me
March 9 2006, 4:20 AM

I think Im going to do the Flaxseed oil and the EPO then. I don't trust that B.O. and that's real nah mean

Sherri
(no login)
March 9 2006, 4:24 AM

See I was going to do flaxseed oil but then someone here told me it has nothing to do with NBE and suggested I take EPO or Borage. Now Im confused Sad

Mrs.Taylor
(Login Mrs.Taylor)
EVE MEMBERS
March 9 2006, 4:45 AM

Im sorry girl to confuse you girl but the flaxseed oil has Omega 3,6,9 and the EPO has just 3. I trying to start using EPO as a massge.

Steph
(no login)
For the confused...
March 9 2006, 6:08 AM

I bumped up a GLA info thread that should help u and BTW if u choose Borage I would start UNDER 1000mg per day simply b/c Borage IS higher in GLA therefore u should need LESS than u would the EPO and it will give u room to ramp up as ur routine progresses.This is strictly my opinion and u should ofcourse make a descion that makes sense to u.

Molly
(Login MollyH)
EVE MEMBERS
March 9 2006, 9:54 PM

A study in Germany has demonstrated that properly manufactured Borage Oil has no discernable toxins in it. The study used the most advanced testing technology currently available in the world and was therefore able to detect toxins as low as 4 parts per billion. This means that a dosage of up to 25g of Borage Oil a day is regarded as having been proven non-toxic.

Mrs.Taylor
(Login Mrs.Taylor)
EVE MEMBERS
March 9 2006, 11:53 PM

Maybe I should try the EPO messages and the borage oil orally??hmm That EPO stinks though ehh!!lol

TenderTaTas
(Login tendertatas)
EVE MEMBERS
March 9 2006, 11:57 PM

I only take 500mg of Borage Oil at bedtime... is that too low a dose to be useful? Should I take another to make it 1000mg?

Mrs.Taylor
(Login Mrs.Taylor)
EVE MEMBERS
March 10 2006, 12:00 AM

Have you been growing good on the 500mg and is that the recommended dosage amount if so I would stick like glue but if not I'd ask steph or Sunset.

TenderTaTas
(Login tendertatas)
EVE MEMBERS
March 10 2006, 12:13 AM

Yup I have been at it for a couple months now and have been growing. In fact, right now I feel like I'm going to bust out of my bra! It's crazy!! So I don't want to mess anything up by adding more, but I'm just wondering if the 500mg of Borage Oil is useless, then maybe 1000mg will give me some kind of miracle boost or something.

Steph? Sunset?

BTW, hey ladies! Sorry I haven't been posting as much but things are INSANE at work with me these days. Like, I want to quit and crawl in a hole and die kind of crazy. But I've been adding when I can and I gotta say those new forums all about the herbs and stuff are AWESOME! I wish that was all there when I was a "newbee"... not that I'm an "oldie" only 2 months in, but you know what I mean!! Sunset, you must be getting REALLY excited... not much longer before you can start popping those pills!

TT SmileB

Mrs.Taylor
(Login Mrs.Taylor)
EVE MEMBERS
March 10 2006, 12:21 AM

Girl then you doing great are you getting stong tingles all the time I get mine rarely Im just startin' though Girl Im wishing you the best your going from tender tatas to big tatas lol

Mrs.Taylor
(Login Mrs.Taylor)
EVE MEMBERS
March 10 2006, 12:25 AM

Does Mother's Wort really benefit in Breast Enhancement??

Motherwort Herb Mother's Wort is native to many parts of Europe on river banks and under hedges. Mother's Wort contains, Leonurine which is a uterine stimulant.

It makes you pee alot is that good??

Molly
(Login MollyH)
EVE MEMBERS
March 12 2006, 10:02 AM

I just realised I made a mistake in my post above. The fact that any toxins present in Borage Oil can be no more than 4 parts per billion means that a dosage of up to 250g of Borage Oil a day is regarded as proven to be non-toxic, not 25g as I stated above. Sorry I go the arithmetic wrong. (the safety limit is 1 mcg daily, so as the substances in question have been found to be 4 parts per billion or less, using the correct arithmetic indicates a daily safety limit for the Borage Oil of 250g or more).

Does borage oil really work?
August 14 2006 at 9:41 PM steyy (no login)
Hi all! I have just bought borage oil from Puritan's Pride and I am wondering if that with some massage will show me some results in breast gain? Did it really work for anyone? Mind sharing your stats, regimen and its duration with me? Thanks a lot!

Wild Flower
(Login wild.flower)
Re: Does borage oil really work?
August 15 2006, 3:42 PM

I can't remember anyone using borage oil and massage alone, but you can always check by looking through the personal program pages. Are you talking about using borage oil for massage or swallowing borage oil?

Jen
(Login js89)
EVE MEMBERS
August 15 2006, 4:00 PM

Borage oil could be used for massage instead of EPO.

wsdm
(Login wsdm)
August 19 2006, 11:40 AM

A lot of the Asian women on the board swear by it. Quite a number of them only take Borage oil and perform massages and of course eat foods high in saturated fat and protein. You should check out ying and yang food thread in the resources sectoin

also Borage oil contains GLA's

GLA is a precursor to aromatase

testosterone + aromatase = estrogen

according to Wahaika:

"The thing to do is to encourage the production of estrogen by encouraging the production of aromatase, and to avoid the loss of testosterone.

This is why we encourage eating meat, taking a multivitamin, taking Borage oil (or EPO but for GLA, Borage is better). Some Flax Seed Oils have lignands in them. The lignands in flax are aromatase inhibitors, so when selecting a flax seed oil and you have a choice between one that claims lots of lignands and one that does not (Barleans has both), take the one that does not.

Saw Palmetto keeps testosterone from converting to DHT which keeps it free to aromatize into estrogen.

Now for the fun part. The idea is to also do this as locally as possible. Some women accumulate fat in the belly, hips, thighs, and butt. This is not because their BE routine is not working, but because it is working system wide. So, one way to address this (as much as it can be addressed) is to massage in the herbs and get the body used to doing that first - like two or three times per day. This is going from the outside in, or transdermally. Going from the inside out is to take herbs internally. I could go on and on about this but I think that if I do I will detract from the point. Aromatase is a key focus for BE. The ingredients involved are red meat, Borage oil, and Saw Palmetto, and to avoid things that are anti-aromatase such as high lignand flax seed oil.

Borage oil is great for massage. Saw Palmetto is not. It's another subject, but the basic idea in a nutshell is that estrogenic herbs are what work and what should be used, not SP.

Wahaika"

hope that helps

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon