Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Birth control

So about a week ago I went to the doctor and I got birth control. I've never been on it before. I mentioned to the doctor that I was taking supplements to try and grow my breasts which of course she said wasn't a good idea lol, oh well. She prescribed me birth control and said it can make some women's breasts larger.

Has anyone experienced breast growth with birth control? I was prescribed Trinessa. Also is it ok to take fenugreek, maca, and saw palmetto w/ birth control?

(04-12-2015, 06:41 AM)daisy134 Wrote:  So about a week ago I went to the doctor and I got birth control. I've never been on it before. I mentioned to the doctor that I was taking supplements to try and grow my breasts which of course she said wasn't a good idea lol, oh well. She prescribed me birth control and said it can make some women's breasts larger.

Has anyone experienced breast growth with birth control? I was prescribed Trinessa. Also is it ok to take fenugreek, maca, and saw palmetto w/ birth control?

Growth from BC is usually only temporary while you are using it then they return to normal.
Can't comment on taking both, I assume taking synthetic pills to manipulTe hormones then taking natural herbs to manipulate them also will confuse your system and not end favourably. I'd sooner take herbs over bc but that's just me Smile

(04-12-2015, 07:42 PM)ellacraig Wrote:  
(04-12-2015, 06:41 AM)daisy134 Wrote:  So about a week ago I went to the doctor and I got birth control. I've never been on it before. I mentioned to the doctor that I was taking supplements to try and grow my breasts which of course she said wasn't a good idea lol, oh well. She prescribed me birth control and said it can make some women's breasts larger.

Growth from BC is usually only temporary while you are using it then they return to normal.
Can't comment on taking both, I assume taking synthetic pills to manipulTe hormones then taking natural herbs to manipulate them also will confuse your system and not end favourably. I'd sooner take herbs over bc but that's just me Smile

It's funny that you say that Ella because I have always been terrified of taking birth control for that exact reason. (The synthetic hormones) I'm 25 and just now trying it for the first time. My bf said it would make him feel more comfortable if I was on it. I can understand and I want more protection too. The side effects sound like they can be atrocious though! Definitely worrysome. I do remember I had a friend in high school who was slender w/ smaller breasts and she went on Yaz because she was on Accutane. Long story short, her boobs grew a lot. Like you said though it is temporary for most people.

I've always stayed away from the BC pills, but a few years ago I started using Nuvaring. I saw growth from that, I went from completely flat chested to about an A. When I stopped using it I shrank a little bit, but some of the growth remained. I was on it off and on for a few years, only saw growth with it that first time. Now I have Paragard because I decided I didn't want the synthetic hormones either.

Some of my friends have used BC pills and said their boobs grew, but they also gained a lot of weight on them.

I took bcp for irregular periods (like I wouldn't have anything for 6 months, then I would bleed for an entire month). I also had other problems, so they put me on bcp.
I was on it for 5 years, but unfortunately it didn't increase my bust size. It did make my cholesterol go up to heart attack levels, which is why I quit.
I don't remember what I was taking, either. I think the one that I took that made my cholesterol go up was a low dosage version.

Alliecat, I wasn't aware that the Nuvaring had hormones in it! I'm not very informed when it comes to birth control I guess. I had never heard of the pill the prescribed me (Trinessa) The dr told me only to stay on it until I could get the Mirena thing but that kinda scares & I don't want to have to schedule an appt to do that.

Pygmypuff, it couldve been ortho tri cyclen lo. I have read online that the one I am taking is generic for ortho tri cyclen. I have also read it can be generic for ortho tri cyclen lo so that confusing. I don't think mine is low dose though. But that is scary that your cholesterol levels got so out of whack! I am afraid of having side effects like that but it's too soon to tell. I've only taken it for 5 days so far.

(11-12-2015, 08:51 PM)daisy134 Wrote:  Alliecat, I wasn't aware that the Nuvaring had hormones in it! I'm not very informed when it comes to birth control I guess. I had never heard of the pill the prescribed me (Trinessa) The dr told me only to stay on it until I could get the Mirena thing but that kinda scares & I don't want to have to schedule an appt to do that.

Pygmypuff, it couldve been ortho tri cyclen lo. I have read online that the one I am taking is generic for ortho tri cyclen. I have also read it can be generic for ortho tri cyclen lo so that confusing. I don't think mine is low dose though. But that is scary that your cholesterol levels got so out of whack! I am afraid of having side effects like that but it's too soon to tell. I've only taken it for 5 days so far.

Supposedly Nuvaring has a VERY low dose of hormones compared to bc pills, which makes sense because pills have to be digested so it needs a higher dosage because some of it will inevitably be destroyed in your body. Nuvaring is able to be a lower dosage because it doesn't go through any other body systems to do what it needs to.That's why I picked it over pills.

Honestly, I would choose Mirena over pills. I dropped Nuvaring and got Paragard, which is the same type of intra-uterine device as Mirena, but paragard has copper on it and no hormones, where as mirena does have hormones.

Getting it inserted was uncomfortable, but certainly not the worst thing in the world. The only part that really sucks is when they dilate your cervix. It feels like a really concentrated menstrual cramp. But once I was all prepped, the actual insertion was less than 30 seconds of discomfort, then done. The overall procedure was about 15-20 minutes with the measuring and stuff they had to do first. I am really happy that I got it. AND the best part is since mine is non-hormonal, it's good for 12 years before I have to take it out and get a new one. Mirena is good for 5 years I think. And just think, you wouldn't have to remember to take a pill everyday. Just one little doctor visit and you have peace of mind for 5 whole years!

It certainly wasn't a fun experience, but in my opinion it was definitely worth it and I would choose it again in a heart beat over any other method.

Hi, I will be honest.

In my opinion, birth control pills are a bad idea. They mess up the metabolism long term, and they sometimes lead to post-cycle depressions/anxiety, or other problems.

Better to use other methods to grow breasts. As it is said that when you stop these pills, breasts could reduce in size for some women.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon