Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Veggie/Vegan NBE-ers?

You are correct. I do undereat on carbs. Though i eat roughly twice a day, i tried to avoid carbs, whenever possible. I avoid white bread at all costs, and rarely eat pasta.

I do like rice, however. I had just made a slow cooker full of chili :p
Five cans of red kidney beans.....mmm

(17-12-2015, 09:55 PM)Vixy Wrote:  I love answering this Smile

High carb foods include all ripe fruits such as bananas, mangos, dates (higher carb content in these 3), berries, strawberries, oranges, nectarines, grapefruit, kiwis, apples, pineapples, dragon fruits, and every other high fruit, potatoes, sweet potatoes, brown rice, white rice (which is fine), quinoa, millet, corn, gluten-free pastas like corn pastas or rice pastas, high carb low fat pizzas/fries (without oil, so delicious)/makis, etc.
As soon as it is at least 80% carbs, it's high carb. (Cronometer.com)

That's great thanks for that Vixy

You're welcome !

Looks delicious Tanya :p

(17-12-2015, 07:07 PM)Vixy Wrote:  Well Alliecat,

when you've been starving for long like me, and then eat too many high fat low carb foods for months, you're more likely to gain weight. When you gain weight on a high carb vegan lifestyle, your body needed it in order to heal itself. I was 40kgs (BMI of 17, anorexic) before, and then I ate more, and went on this lifestyle, and i went 57kg. Now I am slowly losing weight, the healthy way, and I eat all I care for <3. Healing process. I am now at 54kg (BMI from 23 to 22), as I am constantly carbing up. Carbs = fat burner long term. Fat = fat you wear long term.
You can restrict or undereat carbs for some months, or years. But eventually you can't remain healthy this way.

Do you understand ? Smile There are many many testimonials on this lifestyle (try typing "Raw Till 4 before & after" on google) of people who succeeded and now have a fit body, a healthy mind, and they are happier than ever.
It's not a matter of days. It's not a matter of weeks. It's a matter of months, and for some people who's health habits were very bad in the past, in can be years. But the results are so worth it. Your skin clears up, depression will never come again, you lose fat, gain muscle, mental clarity, it's a recipe for success, as humans are designed to run on carbohydrates. Brain runs exclusively on carbs. Wink

Tanya, you were obviously undereating (on carbs) if you craved so hard meat, I'll tell you ! :p
to be fair, you can find stuff on the internet advocating high protein and high fat diets too. I think the best way to do it is finding the right balance between all 3

I'm pescetarian (fisn only). Not sure if that counts!

(17-12-2015, 09:55 PM)Vixy Wrote:  I love answering this Smile

High carb foods include all ripe fruits such as bananas, mangos, dates (higher carb content in these 3), berries, strawberries, oranges, nectarines, grapefruit, kiwis, apples, pineapples, dragon fruits, and every other high fruit, potatoes, sweet potatoes, brown rice, white rice (which is fine), quinoa, millet, corn, gluten-free pastas like corn pastas or rice pastas, high carb low fat pizzas/fries (without oil, so delicious)/makis, etc.
As soon as it is at least 80% carbs, it's high carb. (Cronometer.com)

Thanks, this is so helpful! I already eat most of these things, so it seems like my challenge is eating more of them. Still takes some effort to eat 2 or 3 times a day. I'm working on it Tongue, one day at a time.

100% vegetarian here for last 28 yrs . No sea food either . Will eat eggs and dairy products . Vegetarianism is about eating balanced meals so you get your trace elements , vitamins , proteins . I am at present off nbe as I am taking ayurveda medication and on restricted diet for my rhumitoid artheritis . The ayurved doctor claims that RA can be cured if in intial stages so giving it a go . It is a 6 moth course Sad also remeber many normal veges are pythogenic too . I have posted a link on my thread it is defo worth a read

Great Alliecat, yes it's your challenge, eat what you like, and try make it low fat high carb when you can so you don't need to restrict at all ! Big Grin

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon