Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

PC or Vitex?

I have read a lot about both progesterone cream and vitex, but am still unsure about which to take... Vitex seems like the safer choice overall, but then I came across this article:
http://www.henriettes-herb.com/blog/vitex-not-pms.html
What do y'all think about this? Huh

I know how potent PC can be, but I'm pretty confident in my ability to take it slow and low dose. Same for vitex. I'm preeeetty sure I'm estrogen dominant, the little online test, and the fact that the environment and food is chock full of xenoestrogens point to so. I also seem to be low in estrogen, though... So, my progesterone must be really low, right?
I have a pretty terrible diet that doesn't vary much, but I'm not going to order either of these until I get a proper check-up and other tests from the doctor and such (I just turned 21, but haven't had a check-up since I was like 6 maybe). I never took birth control or anything else hormonal, and don't plan to. When I get the chance, Imma beg my doctor to prescribe me a Caya diaphragm, lol.
My acne is still rather bad, but my periods have always been relatively minor. I don't cramp much or even at all most the time, and they always come every 32 days or so (but last 6 days). So, my acne seems to be hormonal, but my periods are rather balanced. My hormones confuse me. -_-

While I'm here, does anyone know how to deal with excess hair growth around chest and neck and such? I took spearmint for a while and that did nothing for it, but I realized it's because that only deals with testosterone. I think I'm supposed to target DHT instead, right?

Thank you for your time. Smile

(27-09-2015, 08:05 PM)HopefulKitKat Wrote:  I have read a lot about both progesterone cream and vitex, but am still unsure about which to take... Vitex seems like the safer choice overall, but then I came across this article:

I know how potent PC can be, but I'm pretty confident in my ability to take it slow and low dose. Same for vitex. I'm preeeetty sure I'm estrogen dominant, the little online test, and the fact that the environment and food is chock full of xenoestrogens point to so. I also seem to be low in estrogen, though... So, my progesterone must be really low, right?
I have a pretty terrible diet that doesn't vary much, but I'm not going to order either of these until I get a proper check-up and other tests from the doctor and such (I just turned 21, but haven't had a check-up since I was like 6 maybe). I never took birth control or anything else hormonal, and don't plan to. When I get the chance, Imma beg my doctor to prescribe me a Caya diaphragm, lol.
My acne is still rather bad, but my periods have always been relatively minor. I don't cramp much or even at all most the time, and they always come every 32 days or so (but last 6 days). So, my acne seems to be hormonal, but my periods are rather balanced. My hormones confuse me. -_-

While I'm here, does anyone know how to deal with excess hair growth around chest and neck and such? I took spearmint for a while and that did nothing for it, but I realized it's because that only deals with testosterone. I think I'm supposed to target DHT instead, right?

Hi.
I don't know which country you are in, but in ours doctors wont give you a hormone test unless you pretty much lie about your symptons.
Id say you have a problem because of the excess hair. So if you have any doubt they will give you the test id lead with "my periods are very erractic and I suffer greatly each cycle and that you are allergic to birth control and need to know which hormone is out of balance " - you know, something along those lines otherwise you might walk out of there without a hormone test and a prescription for birth control which is what doctors tend to do. Then you'd have to go private and pay heaps for a test.
Personally I had NO hormone problems until I started doing nbe and messing around with herbs cause I guessed I was high and low in this and that hormone etc without really knowing if it was true or not.

(27-09-2015, 08:40 PM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  
(27-09-2015, 08:05 PM)HopefulKitKat Wrote:  I have read a lot about both progesterone cream and vitex, but am still unsure about which to take... Vitex seems like the safer choice overall, but then I came across this article:

Hi.
I don't know which country you are in, but in ours doctors wont give you a hormone test unless you pretty much lie about your symptons.
Id say you have a problem because of the excess hair. So if you have any doubt they will give you the test id lead with "my periods are very erractic and I suffer greatly each cycle and that you are allergic to birth control and need to know which hormone is out of balance " - you know, something along those lines otherwise you might walk out of there without a hormone test and a prescription for birth control which is what doctors tend to do. Then you'd have to go private and pay heaps for a test.
Personally I had NO hormone problems until I started doing nbe and messing around with herbs cause I guessed I was high and low in this and that hormone etc without really knowing if it was true or not.

Hello!
I'm in the US, and no, I wasn't expecting to get a hormone test of any kinda. As you said, I expect the solution the doctor and gyno would offer me for my acne is bc. Sad But, I am curious to see what the check-ups and such will entail. For all I know, I could have some disease or something simpler like allergies or lactose intolerance, I haven't had a check-up in so long it could be anything! X'D
I'm a terrible liar and feel guilty rather easily, so I don't think I can do that. :'D And I already told my doctor that I always feel fine, pretty much.
Yeah, I'm afraid of messing with my hormones which is why hormonal birth control is the last thing I want to take. It's also why I'm currently only doing simple massages and mild oils. I'm rather blessed to not have mind-numbingly painful cramps every month, I don't wanna mess that up! But at the same time, I want my acne and excess hair to go away, and my boobs to get bigger... So, I sometimes find myself considering the milder herbs like vitex and red clover.

Thank you so much for the help, by the way. Big Grin

(28-09-2015, 08:43 AM)HopefulKitKat Wrote:  
(27-09-2015, 08:40 PM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  

Hi.

Hello!
I'm in the US, and no, I wasn't expecting to get a hormone test of any kinda. As you said, I expect the solution the doctor and gyno would offer me for my acne is bc. Sad But, I am curious to see what the check-ups and such will entail. For all I know, I could have some disease or something simpler like allergies or lactose intolerance, I haven't had a check-up in so long it could be anything! X'D
I'm a terrible liar and feel guilty rather easily, so I don't think I can do that. :'D And I already told my doctor that I always feel fine, pretty much.
Yeah, I'm afraid of messing with my hormones which is why hormonal birth control is the last thing I want to take. It's also why I'm currently only doing simple massages and mild oils. I'm rather blessed to not have mind-numbingly painful cramps every month, I don't wanna mess that up! But at the same time, I want my acne and excess hair to go away, and my boobs to get bigger... So, I sometimes find myself considering the milder herbs like vitex and red clover.

Thank you so much for the help, by the way. Big Grin

Yeh it will be good to get a general check up. If that's your only symptons though the acne and hair that really sounds hormonal so I'm not sure how they would diagnose anything ya know without getting a panel. What you could to though is after your appoint if you still don't have answers go directly to the blood lab and pay for some hormone tests, for us its like $20 each one, ie estrogen/progesterone etc and that's apretty small price to pay but its usually only bloods which isn't as effective and you have to time it right.

Ive had plenty of nautropaths always suggest vitex though to balance hormones, I understand it helps raise progesterone but I don't know if it works on testosterone - https://www.google.co.nz/?gws_rd=ssl#q=v...stosterone you could have a look through here. I understand excess body hair and acne is testosterone related, some one will correct me if I'm wrong.

But you are right to question it. JUst this morning I read on the local news a girl went into liver failure after drinking 3 cups of green tea a day! Then of other cases of people using green tea extract and getting liver failure. How scary is that over something as simple as buying a tea from the local supermarket! Not to say theres anything wrong with green tea but in this day and age how its processed and potentially contaminated with we have to second guess everything we pop in our mouths rightRolleyes

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon