Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Hormone Testing.

So I've been looking through the forums about hormone testing and also googling it and I can't seem to find a whole lot of information. I'm planning on getting a hormone test in October when they accept new patients and I was wondering if anyone knows the best way to get accurate results?
Should I detox with milk thistle first and if so for how long? And is there a better time to do this?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

(07-09-2015, 05:12 AM)Victorian Rose Wrote:  So I've been looking through the forums about hormone testing and also googling it and I can't seem to find a whole lot of information. I'm planning on getting a hormone test in October when they accept new patients and I was wondering if anyone knows the best way to get accurate results?
Should I detox with milk thistle first and if so for how long? And is there a better time to do this?
Sorry I forgot to respond to your question in the other thread.
Now when I told the people who do pretty comprehensive tests I wanted to get my estrogen/progesterone tested I mentioned I was taking maca and fenugreek - their response was to stop ONE day prior to the test .
Assuming these people are herbal experts that would implicate that the likes of maca and fenugreek have no hormonal impact right?

I have always read milk thistle detoxes excess estrogen from the system BUT then I read milk thistle is a source OF phytoestrogen...

Either way any detox formula or hormone balancing supplement I have taken or been asked to contains milk thistle.

In your shoes, id take the milk thistle right up to a week or two (likely the longer the better) prior to taking the test, along with lemon water, apple cider vinegar and google (hormone balanceing detox) cause for all the naturopathic consultations etc I have had I swear to god they haven't taught me anything new (or very little) I didn't know myself already from just utilizing google..

OR you just do nothing whatsoever in the meantime, that gives you a few weeks of NO hormonal influences whatsoever to let your body reset . The reason I say this is BECAUSE the main organisation in my country were the very ones to say to me to not take any hormone influencing herbs a day or two prior to the test. Now if we cant trust them than who can we trust right?

Hope this helps a little, be open to whatever anyone else contributes too as well.

(07-09-2015, 05:23 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  
(07-09-2015, 05:12 AM)Victorian Rose Wrote:  So I've been looking through the forums about hormone testing and also googling it and I can't seem to find a whole lot of information. I'm planning on getting a hormone test in October when they accept new patients and I was wondering if anyone knows the best way to get accurate results?
Now when I told the people who do pretty comprehensive tests I wanted to get my estrogen/progesterone tested I mentioned I was taking maca and fenugreek - their response was to stop ONE day prior to the test .
Assuming these people are herbal experts that would implicate that the likes of maca and fenugreek have no hormonal impact right?

I have always read milk thistle detoxes excess estrogen from the system BUT then I read milk thistle is a source OF phytoestrogen...

Either way any detox formula or hormone balancing supplement I have taken or been asked to contains milk thistle.

In your shoes, id take the milk thistle right up to a week or two (likely the longer the better) prior to taking the test, along with lemon water, apple cider vinegar and google (hormone balanceing detox) cause for all the naturopathic consultations etc I have had I swear to god they haven't taught me anything new (or very little) I didn't know myself already from just utilizing google..

OR you just do nothing whatsoever in the meantime, that gives you a few weeks of NO hormonal influences whatsoever to let your body reset . The reason I say this is BECAUSE the main organisation in my country were the very ones to say to me to not take any hormone influencing herbs a day or two prior to the test. Now if we cant trust them than who can we trust right?

Hope this helps a little, be open to whatever anyone else contributes too as well.

Right, it's such a complicated and confusing process lol. I'm really trying to read and understand it all but sometimes I have to ask questions I can't seem to find anywhere else. I did get those vitalerbs I think you were the one who mentioned them to me.. and so far they're doing well.. That's the only thing I'm taking right now, although I thought about stopping that prior to the hormone test because it says it has things like dandelion root in it and ginger etc.. which I thought were herbs recommended for NBE. But then again that's like eating foods which contain that as well... but I'm just trying to get the most accurate results mostly because I hear it's expensive and I don't really want to have to redo it, you know?

Yet at the same time.. I'm sure this multivitamin I will be taking every day regardless so unless for some reason it would cause issues with any future NBE herbal plan.. I'm really not sure.. :/ Any insight from you or anyone would be great. I know it's a kind of trial and error but I figure the more you know the better.

(07-09-2015, 05:42 AM)Victorian Rose Wrote:  

Right, it's such a complicated and confusing process lol. I'm really trying to read and understand it all but sometimes I have to ask questions I can't seem to find anywhere else. I did get those vitalerbs I think you were the one who mentioned them to me.. and so far they're doing well.. That's the only thing I'm taking right now, although I thought about stopping that prior to the hormone test because it says it has things like dandelion root in it and ginger etc.. which I thought were herbs recommended for NBE. But then again that's like eating foods which contain that as well... but I'm just trying to get the most accurate results mostly because I hear it's expensive and I don't really want to have to redo it, you know?

Yet at the same time.. I'm sure this multivitamin I will be taking every day regardless so unless for some reason it would cause issues with any future NBE herbal plan.. I'm really not sure.. :/ Any insight from you or anyone would be great. I know it's a kind of trial and error but I figure the more you know the better.

well dandelion is another detoxing herb. honestly the very best thing you can do is approach whoever is taking the test and explain what you want out of the test and tell them you are concerned that X/Y/Z herbs might impact what you are trying to achieve and just see what they say? That's the first thing I asked so I didn't waste my money.

As far as the vitalerbs, they are a source of wholefood nutrition, they don't advocate they promote hormones in any way so I wouldn't be worried about those to be honest.

Dandelion is an all round good thing to take, and for NBE dandelion helps with bile production etc, not make your breasts grow, it stimulates digestion and has a detoxing component to it. Ginger is another digestive aid, soothes the digestive tract, helps circulation, is a warming tonic, not an NBE aid. Ive recdntly learned ginger is an antiparasitic too which is why it is eaten with sushi.

(07-09-2015, 05:49 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  

well dandelion is another detoxing herb. honestly the very best thing you can do is approach whoever is taking the test and explain what you want out of the test and tell them you are concerned that X/Y/Z herbs might impact what you are trying to achieve and just see what they say? That's the first thing I asked so I didn't waste my money.

As far as the vitalerbs, they are a source of wholefood nutrition, they don't advocate they promote hormones in any way so I wouldn't be worried about those to be honest.

Dandelion is an all round good thing to take, and for NBE dandelion helps with bile production etc, not make your breasts grow, it stimulates digestion and has a detoxing component to it. Ginger is another digestive aid, soothes the digestive tract, helps circulation, is a warming tonic, not an NBE aid. Ive recdntly learned ginger is an antiparasitic too which is why it is eaten with sushi.

Yeah, I think I may just keep taking the vitalerbs and that's it till I get this test.. like I said that's all I take right now.
I recently started massage with sesame seed oil, but may stop that too till I get the test, I'd imagine it'd be recommended to stop too?
I was meaning to have this test earlier but they weren't accepting new patients so I decided I was going to try a new massage in the meantime.
I also plan to ask them for a copy of the results.
Really do appreciate all your help. Smile

(07-09-2015, 05:59 AM)Victorian Rose Wrote:  

Yeah, I think I may just keep taking the vitalerbs and that's it till I get this test.. like I said that's all I take right now.
I recently started massage with sesame seed oil, but may stop that too till I get the test, I'd imagine it'd be recommended to stop too?
I was meaning to have this test earlier but they weren't accepting new patients so I decided I was going to try a new massage in the meantime.

Yeh while I'm no expert I did read the female deer massage can influence your hormones ( again to be confirmed if that's even possible) so maybe even consider substituting massaging for fat brushing??..
Sometimes its better to have to wait to get the test because it gives your body more time to reset if you will.
Next thing do some research as to what time of the month is best to take the hormone test which differs on whether you do either a saliva test or a blood test.. All I now is if you take the blood test you need to do it one week prior to your next period.
EG im taking these liver/kidney cleansing herbs which are packed with estrogen promoting herbs which scares the crap out of me, but its only two weeks so I guess not that bad, but I had planned on doing another blood test because I think my estrogen is too high again so will wait until the following month.

I think the vitalerbs seemed a really good multi to be honest but that's only because according to dr Christopher it is a wholefood source of all the essentials. To me that's soo much better than synthetic alternatives. Moringa is another thing to look into once you get the hormone test out of the way.

(07-09-2015, 06:08 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  
(07-09-2015, 05:23 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  Sorry I forgot to respond to your question in the other thread.

Yeh while I'm no expert I did read the female deer massage can influence your hormones ( again to be confirmed if that's even possible) so maybe even consider substituting massaging for fat brushing??..
Sometimes its better to have to wait to get the test because it gives your body more time to reset if you will.
Next thing do some research as to what time of the month is best to take the hormone test which differs on whether you do either a saliva test or a blood test.. All I now is if you take the blood test you need to do it one week prior to your next period.
EG im taking these liver/kidney cleansing herbs which are packed with estrogen promoting herbs which scares the crap out of me, but its only two weeks so I guess not that bad, but I had planned on doing another blood test because I think my estrogen is too high again so will wait until the following month.

I think the vitalerbs seemed a really good multi to be honest but that's only because according to dr Christopher it is a wholefood source of all the essentials. To me that's soo much better than synthetic alternatives. Moringa is another thing to look into once you get the hormone test out of the way.

I did read something on that.. the taking a week prior to next period but I was thinking.. that's not always accurate... that's what I'm having a problem with. I'll have to figure that one out. Will it be that big of a deal if it's not on the perfect date?

Also, I know what you mean, that would scare me a bit too. But yeah, two weeks shouldn't be a problem I wouldn't think. I hope it goes okay for you. I'll definitely check moringa out.. haven't heard of that one, and I've read on a lot of herbs.

(07-09-2015, 06:22 AM)Victorian Rose Wrote:  
(07-09-2015, 06:08 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  
(07-09-2015, 05:42 AM)Victorian Rose Wrote:  Right, it's such a complicated and confusing process lol. I'm really trying to read and understand it all but sometimes I have to ask questions I can't seem to find anywhere else. I did get those vitalerbs I think you were the one who mentioned them to me.. and so far they're doing well.. That's the only thing I'm taking right now, although I thought about stopping that prior to the hormone test because it says it has things like dandelion root in it and ginger etc.. which I thought were herbs recommended for NBE. But then again that's like eating foods which contain that as well... but I'm just trying to get the most accurate results mostly because I hear it's expensive and I don't really want to have to redo it, you know?

I did read something on that.. the taking a week prior to next period but I was thinking.. that's not always accurate... that's what I'm having a problem with. I'll have to figure that one out. Will it be that big of a deal if it's not on the perfect date?

Also, I know what you mean, that would scare me a bit too. But yeah, two weeks shouldn't be a problem I wouldn't think. I hope it goes okay for you. I'll definitely check moringa out.. haven't heard of that one, and I've read on a lot of herbs.

Just Pm'd you.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon