Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Here kind of by accident

I'm a very full a or small b cup and haven't done any measuring but I'm busting out of my bra! I started vitex brewers yeast fish oil and ashwaganda about a month ago since I have pretty severe pms mood swings dips in energy etc. I also take a b supplement vitamin c NAC and a multi vitamin. I am close to my period and my breasts are sore and very tingly. Similar to pregnancy. I googled vitex and breast soreness and I found some posts here . I had just told my husband that the weights I've been lifting must be changing my breasts. Maybe it's the herbs? Maybe a combination of all of it? Now I'm really interested in pursuing nbe more. I've come to accept my breasts for the most part but they definitely look and feel different lately. I am waiting to see if they change when I start my period.
I breastfed for about 6 years ( 2 different children lol) my breasts are usually saggy and small. Even if I didn't get any more growth if they stayed as they are right now I'd be happy!! They never get sore before my period so this is new to me. I don't know if the discomfort should worry me or not? I took fenugreek shatavari and blessed thistle when I breastfed. I have somewhat widely spaced breasts and suspected low glandular tissue although I was able to nurse successfully. I never got really big breasts when nursing or pregnant. Can amino acids ( in brewers yeast ) aid in things? Haven't seen that mentioned here but I know overall I feel so much better taking it daily. I am curious if I should add in maca fennel or anything else? I have maca fenugreek shatavari and blessed thistle here already. I don't know if I should add anything right now though. I do plan fo at least start massage. Sorry this is kind of rambling on. Thanks for any help or advice! Sorry if any of this has been covered and I missed it. Fingers crossed the plumpness stays after my period arrives!

(24-08-2015, 03:33 AM)Mamacita82 Wrote:  I'm a very full a or small b cup and haven't done any measuring but I'm busting out of my bra! I started vitex brewers yeast fish oil and ashwaganda about a month ago since I have pretty severe pms mood swings dips in energy etc. I also take a b supplement vitamin c NAC and a multi vitamin. I am close to my period and my breasts are sore and very tingly. Similar to pregnancy. I googled vitex and breast soreness and I found some posts here . I had just told my husband that the weights I've been lifting must be changing my breasts. Maybe it's the herbs? Maybe a combination of all of it? Now I'm really interested in pursuing nbe more. I've come to accept my breasts for the most part but they definitely look and feel different lately. I am waiting to see if they change when I start my period.
I breastfed for about 6 years ( 2 different children lol) my breasts are usually saggy and small. Even if I didn't get any more growth if they stayed as they are right now I'd be happy!! They never get sore before my period so this is new to me. I don't know if the discomfort should worry me or not? I took fenugreek shatavari and blessed thistle when I breastfed. I have somewhat widely spaced breasts and suspected low glandular tissue although I was able to nurse successfully. I never got really big breasts when nursing or pregnant. Can amino acids ( in brewers yeast ) aid in things? Haven't seen that mentioned here but I know overall I feel so much better taking it daily. I am curious if I should add in maca fennel or anything else? I have maca fenugreek shatavari and blessed thistle here already. I don't know if I should add anything right now though. I do plan fo at least start massage. Sorry this is kind of rambling on. Thanks for any help or advice! Sorry if any of this has been covered and I missed it. Fingers crossed the plumpness stays after my period arrives!

Most likely it's the vitex and or pectoral muscle weight lifting. Bench presses, chest presses or chest flies for example affect pectorals. Vitex raises your progesterone which is highest before your period. Pregnancy often lowers progesterone so benefitting from more progesterone makes sense. The soreness is probably good for nbe.

Brewer's yeast and fish oil are unlikely to have caused this unless you were deficient. But they are both extremely good for you and they may prevent bottlenecks to nbe. So while they may not usually cause nbe on their own, the lack of them may shut down nbe and prevent herbs from working. Plus if the brewer's yeast balanced your hormones while helping your PMS that may actually have caused your nbe even though it wouldn't help nbe for other people who already have balanced hormones (they already have enough nutrients). I have a nutritional combo that is mainly equal parts brewer's yeast, rice bran and spirulina, with fish oil on the side. You may want to try it to give yourself an even greater variety of nutrients. Besides that you can eat a little bit of sunflower seeds, eggs (specifically the yolks), oysters and mushrooms (any kind). For these last 4 foods they don't need to be daily or a lot, just eat them whenever. All of these together contains pretty much every nutrient you need, is a million times better than a multivitamin and great for all your health concerns

All the herbs you listed and massage may be helpful, as would continuing the weights. Maca least of all in your situation and it's skippable but probably still helpful if you want to use it. Fenugreek and shatavari put together should equal 6,000 mg or more. I'm not sure about blessed thistle but 2,000 mg is probably fine or whatever is popular (try a forum search). The main thing would be to continue the vitex, 500 mg give or take is fine. Or if you want to go even further with progesterone you can get progesterone cream. Progesterone cream is way stronger than vitex and you can overdo it, so start with only a tiny bit. And you wouldn't necessarily ever increase it unless that seems to help more. Instead you might increase the herbs if you want. Unlike vitex, with progesterone cream you use it only during the 14 days before your period, when your natural progesterone is highest. Otherwise it might diminish your periods or lead to spotting or etc. Like vitex it could be good for PMS and so on.

Yes the best way to find information is often to search the forums and find what has been said or tried before. There are only so many people here and you may not always get an answer.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon