Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

New here, quick question about birth control

As the title says, i am new to this forum. I have looked around and not found the answer on this. Should I stop taking birth control while starting NBE? Will it affect my efforts?

I also have not had my hormones tested yet, but plan to soon. Can I test after my period? Or should I stop the birth control for a month before testing?

Any help would be appreciated Smile

(13-08-2015, 02:37 AM)bellefire Wrote:  As the title says, i am new to this forum. I have looked around and not found the answer on this. Should I stop taking birth control while starting NBE? Will it affect my efforts?

I also have not had my hormones tested yet, but plan to soon. Can I test after my period? Or should I stop the birth control for a month before testing?

Any help would be appreciated Smile
I say yes stop the BC. BC long term will mess your body up anyway, what you need to do is see what hormones are playing up that have you on birth control in the first place. Id suggest get the hormones checked first then address breast enlargement in a way that helps you get back in balance.

Thanks Ella ☺

How long would you suggest I wait after stopping for the test? Week? Month? I want this to be accurate.

(13-08-2015, 03:57 PM)bellefire Wrote:  Thanks Ella ☺

How long would you suggest I wait after stopping for the test? Week? Month? I want this to be accurate.

Hi.
Whoever will be doing the hormone test, just ring and ask them how long you need to have BC out of your system to get an accurate reading as I really don't know sorry.

I would wait at least 3 months. If you are on BCP and want to get pregnant they advice you to ''depill''(detox from pill) 3 months in prevention of birth defects cause of the bcp hormones.

Ok thanks to both of you for your replies.

Since this may take a while before the hormone test, is it advisable to start massaging or use noogleberry while I "depill"?

Anything else I can do?

(14-08-2015, 03:34 AM)bellefire Wrote:  Ok thanks to both of you for your replies.

Since this may take a while before the hormone test, is it advisable to start massaging or use noogleberry while I "depill"?

Anything else I can do?

Ofcourse you can massage or do whatever non-hormonal you want!Smile

Thank you so much for the info! Smile

I wanted to say that the reason doctors have you depill before trying to conceive is because they want to make sure that your ovaries have woken up.

The pill is not harmful to the fetus. It's an artificial version of progesterone, the pregnancy hormone.

Not de-pilling before conceiving can be harmful for your fetus..Hormones are very important during pregnancy, they are everything! If you're on BCP your body will probably rely on those progestins/artificial progesterone and estrogens thats why they are so bad for your natural hormone production but thats another story.Then when you get pregnant to short after taking these pills(especially after taking it for a long time) your body might not yet have its natural P production on order and not enough progesterone will cause a misscarriage.
When you are for example using progesterone cream then get pregnant they advice you to use the PC cream until further in the pregnancy(if not until the end) to prevent a possible misscarriage due to a progesterone drop.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon