Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Lower my cortisol levels?

Is there anything I can do to lower my cortisol levels?

(10-08-2015, 10:18 PM)hannah14 Wrote:  Is there anything I can do to lower my cortisol levels?
Um HELLO me too! I know of some (not that I've tried them yet) I'm dig them up later but from memory . No caffeine... Rhodiola, Siberian ginseng and ashwaghanda. Synergistically work to help with stress adrenals etc

Exercise sleep meditation. All that generic shit. Me.. rather have a magic pill thank you very much...

http://bodyecology.com/articles/reduce_y...levels.php

Dude this is a good one. Encompasses everything.

(10-08-2015, 10:26 PM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  
(10-08-2015, 10:18 PM)hannah14 Wrote:  Is there anything I can do to lower my cortisol levels?
Um HELLO me too! I know of some (not that I've tried them yet) I'm dig them up later but from memory . No caffeine... Rhodiola, Siberian ginseng and ashwaghanda. Synergistically work to help with stress adrenals etc

Lol.Smile that sounds like a good herbal mix thank youBig Grin

Thanks for the link I picked this info of it:

Holy Basil - the most revered of all the Ayruvedic herbs Holy Basil is not related to the basil we grow in our gardens. Also known as Tulsi, Holy Basil has been used to lower elevated cortisol and regulate blood sugar.
Ashwagandha - the herb that has been shown to increase energy and mental alertness during the day has also been shown in research to help you sleep better at night.
Shatavari - means a woman with a thousand husbands. This should give you an idea of how effective it is for building energy,
Dong Quai is also called Angelica sinsensis and is said to be the "queen" of herbs for balancing a women hormones. Interestingly, it is also used by men to improve the health of their prostate gland. It creates energy and yet is calming.
Other wonderful examples of adaptogens are Schizandra, Gynostemma, Astragalus and Rhodiola.

Omg my eyes are tired after so many days of researchSad

but they are all focussed on sleep, I already sleep well. Would there be something that specifically lowers cortisol?

(10-08-2015, 10:34 PM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  Exercise sleep meditation. All that generic shit. Me.. rather have a magic pill thank you very much...

I agree so much

(10-08-2015, 10:59 PM)hannah14 Wrote:  Thanks for the link I picked this info of it:

Holy Basil - the most revered of all the Ayruvedic herbs Holy Basil is not related to the basil we grow in our gardens. Also known as Tulsi, Holy Basil has been used to lower elevated cortisol and regulate blood sugar.
Ashwagandha - the herb that has been shown to increase energy and mental alertness during the day has also been shown in research to help you sleep better at night.
Shatavari - means a woman with a thousand husbands. This should give you an idea of how effective it is for building energy,
Dong Quai is also called Angelica sinsensis and is said to be the "queen" of herbs for balancing a women hormones. Interestingly, it is also used by men to improve the health of their prostate gland. It creates energy and yet is calming.
Other wonderful examples of adaptogens are Schizandra, Gynostemma, Astragalus and Rhodiola.

but they are all focussed on sleep, I already sleep well. Would there be something that specifically lowers cortisol?
Depending on the outcome of today I'd be inclined to go with an adaptogen.
Or we take drugs!!!!!! I mean drugs will numb our brains and stop us thinking so much... Win win no more raised cortisol cause we just won't give a ####k

(10-08-2015, 11:42 PM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  
(10-08-2015, 10:59 PM)hannah14 Wrote:  Thanks for the link I picked this info of it:

Depending on the outcome of today I'd be inclined to go with an adaptogen.
Or we take drugs!!!!!! I mean drugs will numb our brains and stop us thinking so much... Win win no more raised cortisol cause we just won't give a ####k

No good. numb brainsHuh You'll become vegetable

I am in the process of doing the same thing-- vitamin C is amazing to lower cortisol levels-- its why I am taking it Smile load up on antioxidants!!

also, there are just some things herbs cannot do for mental health- you'll just have to lower your stress-- stress is what makes cortisol so high. So meditation, walks, exercise, eating healthy(fruits veggies), doing things you love ie. drawing, music, relaxing. Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon