Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Hello, I'm new and have a few questions.Any and all help would be highly appreciated!

Hello Smile I've been trying to figure out my plan for a while now and I think I'm in need of some help. I've browsed the forums for quite some time and found it overwhelming but a lot of you have been a great help from what I've read. I am 22 years old and barely fill a B. I do massages and right now I take fennel herb and drink soy along with eating healthy (I'm also a vegetarian). I also take multivitamins.
First I wanted to ask some questions and would greatly appreciate if anyone could answer any of them.
- Is it completely necessary to get a hormonal test? (I haven't had one yet and am not sure if I can yet.)
- Do capsules, extracts, or powders work more efficiently or does it depend on the person?
- Is PM supposed to be taken alone as a capsule or cream or can you use something else as well?
- Is it safe to take more than one herb such as fenugreek, red clover, or saw palmetto?
- Would taking flaxseed oil with fennel capsules harm or help?
- Do you take the herb on an empty stomach or with food? and do you even take PM on an empty stomach?

I probably have more questions that I can't think of at the moment, but I thought about taking BO before PM and wondered if anyone had any suggestions. Also I keep hearing that you should not take PM when you're on your period but some people say you should; I was wondering if anyone can clear this up for me.
Any and all answers would be greatly appreciated as well as any tips. Thank you in advance!

(06-08-2015, 05:37 PM)Victorian Rose Wrote:  Hello Smile I've been trying to figure out my plan for a while now and I think I'm in need of some help. I've browsed the forums for quite some time and found it overwhelming but a lot of you have been a great help from what I've read. I am 22 years old and barely fill a B. I do massages and right now I take fennel herb and drink soy along with eating healthy (I'm also a vegetarian). I also take multivitamins.
First I wanted to ask some questions and would greatly appreciate if anyone could answer any of them.
- Is it completely necessary to get a hormonal test? (I haven't had one yet and am not sure if I can yet.)
- Do capsules, extracts, or powders work more efficiently or does it depend on the person?
- Is PM supposed to be taken alone as a capsule or cream or can you use something else as well?
- Is it safe to take more than one herb such as fenugreek, red clover, or saw palmetto?
- Do you take the herb on an empty stomach or with food? and do you even take PM on an empty stomach?

I probably have more questions that I can't think of at the moment, but I thought about taking BO before PM and wondered if anyone had any suggestions. Also I keep hearing that you should not take PM when you're on your period but some people say you should; I was wondering if anyone can clear this up for me.
Any and all answers would be greatly appreciated as well as any tips. Thank you in advance!

Hello VictorianRose,
I will try to answer some of your questions, its hard answering them since nothing is set in stone with NBE.

It is not necessary to do one, It would make things a lot easier and less risky. Witthout a hormone panel its al trial and error. And you should be more cautious in considering and taking herbs since they can make you unbalanced. Or balanced that would be a positive thing. Taking cleanses will prevent that.

Cant answer this one, dont know what you are comparing. Its best to combine internal and external supplements ie capsules and a topical cream/oil. Massage is an unmissable part.

PM works best in capsule, topical PM creams are less effictive or so they say. But you can always experiment yourself.
You should best combine PM with progesteron cream(PC)and you should cycle it.

- Is it safe to take more than one herb such as fenugreek, re, it.d clover, or saw palmetto?
Yes it is safe, make sure the dosages are not to high. And introduce things one by one, so when something is causing you side effects you can easily trace down which herb it is thats not fitting you.

Essential fatty acids are important in NBE. Flaxseed is a good source of certain omega's, which can only be beneficial.
Fennel is said to be a weaker fytoestrogen herb, which doesnt say anything about its potency. You should try it out.

Preferably you take the herbs 30 minutes before a meal. About PM I'm not sure, I heard from hear say its often taken with milk for better effect or absorption, But I would lie if I say I'd knew anything more then that.

And lastly you asked about trying BO before trying PM. Both BO and PM are known as the stronger supplements in NBE, that also brings higher rates of side effects along. I personally would first try something like fenugreek,fennel, flaxseedoil, NBE foods, perhaps spearmint tea for lowering andro's. But ofcourse nobody knows your body like you, so advising is always difficult.
One add: without hormone panel, you are doing a guessing game, there are certain pointers that could put you in a direction. Like do you have excess body hair or acne or a belly or more fat storage in the butt and the lenght and heavines of your cycle. When you are on hormonal birth control these things lay a bit different.
Well hope I'd cleared some things up..Goodluck with your journey!

Thank you so much, yeah you answered quite a bit. I think I am estrogen dominant, I took a test online at least.. I also am much heavier on bottom than top. It is highly noticeable too.. I researched BO and am very iffy about taking it because I am not comfortable taking animal products. I hear it's highly effective for some people but I may try fenugreek maybe. Unless you or anyone else has a better alternative. I'd really appreciate any help, I've been struggling with this for years and it's always getting me down.
I see that since I'm more than likely estrogen dominant I should stay away from PM as well.

Also I'm not on birth control and I don't think I have excess body hair lol. But I do know that I am bottom heavy much moreso than top heavy.
Would you say that taking fenugreek with saw palmetto would be a good idea? and could I still take that with flaxseed oil capsules? Sorry for all these questions but I'm still trying to understand it all and heard the first two herbs together at least would be safe to do. And again, I appreciate your help and any others that have any advice or tips.

(08-08-2015, 07:56 AM)Victorian Rose Wrote:  Thank you so much, yeah you answered quite a bit. I think I am estrogen dominant, I took a test online at least.. I also am much heavier on bottom than top. It is highly noticeable too.. I researched BO and am very iffy about taking it because I am not comfortable taking animal products. I hear it's highly effective for some people but I may try fenugreek maybe. Unless you or anyone else has a better alternative. I'd really appreciate any help, I've been struggling with this for years and it's always getting me down.
I see that since I'm more than likely estrogen dominant I should stay away from PM as well.

No thanksSmile Fenugreek is listed as a phytoestrogenic herb as well as a prolactin booster I think. SP is used quite a lot around here, dont know about it myself. These things i mentioned are only indicators you could be estrogen dominant,, but you could also lack something else in nutrition or progesterone. For progesterone you can try Prog.cream or Vitex ie.
If nothing else works you can always try PM or something else rightSmile

Okay, thank you. Smile I think I'm going to get a hormonal test by a doctor soon and then go from there. Thanks for the advice, will definitely keep that in mind.

(09-08-2015, 07:40 PM)Victorian Rose Wrote:  Okay, thank you. Smile I think I'm going to get a hormonal test by a doctor soon and then go from there. Thanks for the advice, will definitely keep that in mind.

You're welcomeSmile Its wise to do one indeed, though I have not done one myselfBlush I'd like to add following things to keep in mind as well:
-Essential fatty acids
- Proteins
-Vitamins especially vit D is important for hormones but others like C too very important.
-Massage
-human growth hormone(they start to reduce at age 25, so not the most important for you, but also one of the key factors for NBE)

Ehm do I miss anything here?

*edit: MSM could be a helpful add as well for collagen etc.

I take a multivitamin which is Centrum for women. If you have a better suggestion let me know. I also take whey protein which is body fortress brand. Like I said I'm a vegetarian so I try to make sure I get enough protein, but if you have any better brands or anything else to recommend I'm open to all ideas. =) really appreciate the help.

(10-08-2015, 10:03 PM)Victorian Rose Wrote:  I take a multivitamin which is Centrum for women. If you have a better suggestion let me know. I also take whey protein which is body fortress brand. Like I said I'm a vegetarian so I try to make sure I get enough protein, but if you have any better brands or anything else to recommend I'm open to all ideas. =) really appreciate the help.

That sounds good to me at least. I would take an extra vit-d,liquid in capsules. You can also take a look at Lotus NBE foods thread thats a good one. Food/diet can play a major role as well.

(10-08-2015, 10:11 PM)hannah14 Wrote:  
(10-08-2015, 10:03 PM)Victorian Rose Wrote:  I take a multivitamin which is Centrum for women. If you have a better suggestion let me know. I also take whey protein which is body fortress brand. Like I said I'm a vegetarian so I try to make sure I get enough protein, but if you have any better brands or anything else to recommend I'm open to all ideas. =) really appreciate the help.

That sounds good to me at least. I would take an extra vit-d,liquid in capsules. You can also take a look at Lotus NBE foods thread thats a good one. Food/diet can play a major role as well.

Okay I'll see if I can find it. Sounds like a good idea. =)

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon