Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Question about herbs and acne?

Former lurkers first post! Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place. I'm desperate for help Blush

TL;DR Could stopping your supplement regimen cause acne? Mainly hormonal acne?

When I started my supplements I stuck with it for about two weeks then stopped cold turkey. And since then my face has exploded with hormonal acne, I'm guessing, since it's all along the jawline, mouth, and cheeks area. I've always had clear skin and it's never been this bad. Can using then stopping herbs cause hormones to go out of whack? It's been two months since my face went bad and it's not letting up.

The routine:
(morning) Saw Palmetto, 1200 mg
(afternoon) one Female Hormone Blend, Solaray brand
(evening) one Pueraria Mirifica Estro Balance, Nature's Way brand

I was starting small/experimenting.

Thank you for the help in advance!

(18-06-2015, 11:27 PM)vivie Wrote:  Former lurkers first post! Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place. I'm desperate for help Blush

TL;DR Could stopping your supplement regimen cause acne? Mainly hormonal acne?

When I started my supplements I stuck with it for about two weeks then stopped cold turkey. And since then my face has exploded with hormonal acne, I'm guessing, since it's all along the jawline, mouth, and cheeks area. I've always had clear skin and it's never been this bad. Can using then stopping herbs cause hormones to go out of whack? It's been two months since my face went bad and it's not letting up.

The routine:
(morning) Saw Palmetto, 1200 mg
(afternoon) one Female Hormone Blend, Solaray brand
(evening) one Pueraria Mirifica Estro Balance, Nature's Way brand

I was starting small/experimenting.

Thank you for the help in advance!

omg yes!! Sad you shouldn't just stop taking herbs, you have to ween off of them. Seems like you just messed your hormones a bit by doing that-- my advice to you is to detoxify. Don't start up any more herbs, let your body recover. Drink TONS of water. I cannot stress water enough. Wash your face morning and night, and if you can bring face cleansing wipes with you through out the day to get rid of the excess sebum that your body is producing atm. & try not to wear any make up until the hormonal break out is over.
Drink lemon water.. your hormones should balance back out soon enough. Smile good luck!

Auuugghhh man... Thanks SO much for replying!! Sad guess I really screwed myself up. I've been detoxing lightly with the occasional milk thistle pills and apple cider vinegar mixes and my skin is the teeniest bit improved. I'll be detoxing seriously now, thanks again so much for the advice and input!

(20-06-2015, 03:31 AM)vivie Wrote:  Auuugghhh man... Thanks SO much for replying!! Sad guess I really screwed myself up. I've been detoxing lightly with the occasional milk thistle pills and apple cider vinegar mixes and my skin is the teeniest bit improved. I'll be detoxing seriously now, thanks again so much for the advice and input!

Hey I am not sure if you're still having skin problems but I found this and thought you might benefit from it Smile

http://justjuice.org/juicing-for-acne-vi...ight-acne/

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon