Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

lactation...

Ok Ladies, I absolutely have to ask this question...I am soooooooo excited but concerned at the same time...I was using PM back at the end of last year and in February of this year I was diagnosed with a blood clot in my left leg...I had major blood work done and found out that I have what is called Leiden Factor V which is a clotting issue with my blood and is hereditary...I came home that day and was telling my folks and my Dad said that he has had this his entire life...Well, I thanked him for telling me about this, but my question to you all is I started back on 1000mg of PM, 100 mgs Spironolactone and 1200 mgs of vitex daily...I am also drinking 3 cups of fenugreek tea...The last two weeks, my nipples have been so sensitive and sore and I have had a walnut size mass just behind my nipples...Ok, so I will get to the question, 2 days ago my boobs were so sore and I began to massage them and as I was rubbing and massaging I had some milk like substance start to come out of both of my nipples...I am born a male, but have always identified as female and I believe that I have started to lactate...I have attempted to express my breasts in the last 2 two days and I am getting more and more of this liquid for my breasts...Can this be happening or should I be worried of something more ominous happening to me...Thanks so much for any advice you can offer...smooches

Yes. This can be happening! From what I understand, under the right circumstances (and those vary), most people can lactate. Concerning your health and NBE, I am not sure what to say about all that, but now to ask what I gotta ask, since you had to go asking a maybe embarrassing question: DID YOU TASTE IT or what?!... ... ... todotodo... It's taking too long for you to answer! Wink

In fact, I think you are doing some of the same things I have heard adoptive parents doing to prepare for babies coming to the home. Smile

Fenugreek is one of the major herbs suggested to help mother's bring in more milk. I am taking just 25mg of spiro right now for BP, so with 4x that amount and fenu, that's probably the cause. But I still might check with a Doctor, and fess up what you have been doing to be on the safe side.

OR, you could drop all non prescribed meds and herbs and refrain from massage just to see if lactation ceases.

Personally, once I get to a decent size, I would love to experience it for at least a short time.

char and iaboy, thanks so much for your responses...and I believe that I am going to follow your advice iaboy and stop for a bit to see if this stops...there's not a lot of milk at this time but I have wanted to lactate for so long and experiencing this is absolutely amazing...my plan at this point is to stop everything for a couple of weeks and if the lactation begins to stop, then I will begin my program again...my boobs have gotten substantially bigger and I do not want to lose any growth I have come to gain...I feel so happy and at peace with everything in my life right now and I do not want to lose that...smooches

Just taking a 2 week break might even help with the growth rate. Let's your body reset E receptors. I know it has for me in the past.

Lots of Luck, keep us posted, will ya?

I think Iaboy gave a good response. Sometimes reading through the forums with all the calculations for this and that is like solving math for boobs. Lawd knows math was not my favorite subject. :}
As I do not have children, sigh, I would like to lactate someday, as well. And I will totally taste it! In fact, every time one of my good friends has a baby, I pester her until she tastes her milk. In the past, I believe I sort of prelactated, but it was not that I could taste it. One of these days... Good luck with your journey. I think I may give myself a rest from the herbals, too.

Char, to answer your question, yes I have tasted it and it is very sweet...

Yummy. Hahaha. Gah! So. Much. Envy. Right. Now! Blush Okay. That does it! One day...! My friend said hers wasn't that good to her. Baby loves it though. Hmmm... If I could manufacture my own, maybe I wouldn't have to buy milk to take with PM or milk tea! Big Grin

(22-05-2015, 01:58 AM)krystal3838 Wrote:  Char, to answer your question, yes I have tasted it and it is very sweet...

Based on that id definitely say you are/were lactating, probably why they were getting bigger quick too. Soo lucky. I tasted mine yes and the milk is sweet. You have responded really well.
For me and a lot of other women its a real struggle to lactate, then others lactate easily. If I knew then what I know now when I had my child many years ago I easily could have corrected it and lactated properly. You live and you learn though.

(22-05-2015, 06:23 AM)char Wrote:  Yummy. Hahaha. Gah! So. Much. Envy. Right. Now! Blush Okay. That does it! One day...! My friend said hers wasn't that good to her. Baby loves it though. Hmmm... If I could manufacture my own, maybe I wouldn't have to buy milk to take with PM or milk tea! Big Grin

+1 on the envy side of things. Breast milk is sooooo much better for you than cow's milk too. There is research going on into its ability to fight certain types of cancer, particularly in the digestive tract.

I have heard stories of Drs arranging for withdrawals from milk banks for some of their patients even though it is not yet full proven.

I wish I had been able to share the breast-feeding of my children with my partner. Sad

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon