Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Experience with Dong Quai, anyone? and wondering about Vitex

Question 

Hey allSmile

As i took vitex in the last luteal phase and as i have had my cycle shortened for 25 days, i was wondering...
Vitex is known for raising LH. LH is high naturally in our bodies around day 12, and just when LH is down again is when progesterone starts raising. So if we are taking vitex throughtout all luteal phase i imagine that we are keeping LH always high and we are not promoting progesterone. Shouldn't we take vitex just around days 10-15 to stimulate LH in the right/natural time, and then stop to allow progesterone to raise?

Now about DQ, does anyone have experience with it?
With my first researches i thought that DQ was an adaptogenic herb but with estrogenic properties, so that we should take it in the folicular phase. But now the research seems to lead that DQ is a progesterone promoter. I know that some of you take it in the luteal phase, how are the results?

"Dong quai should not be regarded as a replacement for natural estrogen. Its unique mechanism of action reportedly promotes the synthesis of natural progesterone"

"It’s more likely that dong quai works by enhancing the effect of a woman’s own estrogen by blocking some of her estrogen receptor sites. In this way, dong quai can help a situation caused by too much estrogen (relative to progesterone) or by too little total estrogen, both of which happen in perimenopause."

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon