Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Abusing bcp to my advantage?

(23-03-2015, 05:57 PM)isobasic Wrote:  Well they've established that the ovaries actually shrink and shrivel up over time using bcp. You have to wait from a few months to a year sometimes to restore normal fertility. I've also experienced it first hand as when I came off bcp my weight distribution was unlike it's ever been before - my boobs and hips shrunk and mybelly and waist expanded bigger than they've ever been.
So I'm wondering up to what level/frequency you can take bcp and still have your own ovaries and hormonal system functioning? And also what complications there may be

Ovaries shrinking?Sad That explains something, I did experienced infertility after bcp my own it took me a year to get pregnant after 5 years off bcp. And experienced weird weight distribution as well! I got a bigger butt, luckily my weight distribution is normally in proportion again. So hormones will regulate itself but it takes upon years. The acne was bad in the beginning but now it are just few blackheads around menses. Right after stopping they even appeared on my ears!

What do you mean by the complications?
If you want your own hormonal functioning you should stop taking bcp for at least 3 months(In my case it took me 2 years to get used to ''the new me''.) For me it was a discovery to know from your mood your menses is about to come in accurately 2 days and better looking body. On bcp i was quite cellulite prone. Also experienced loads off hair loss for many months.

But I would not advise to go on and off bcp because the longer you take one certain bcp the less prone you become to thrombosis.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon