Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Breaking fenugreek capsules for powder?

I know that the most effective form is a liquid but since I don't have that at the moment I figure powder is the next best form. If I break a capsule,mix the powder into water and drink it will the absorption results be higher. I have read the FAQ and it said capsule absorption is about 10-20% which is very low. Would the powder form be higher?

Also at the risk of sounding completely moronic, can I mix the powder with a cream or something to apply it topically. RolleyesBlush

(05-02-2015, 07:27 AM)Stubbornfemme Wrote:  Also at the risk of sounding completely moronic, can I mix the powder with a cream or something to apply it topically. RolleyesBlush

No lol, that's not moronic.

The granules from the capsules won't really penetrate beneath the skin layer. For the best results try essential oils or carrier oils. Esstential fatty acids are carrier oils, like omega 3-6-7-9, the human body can't make these fatty acids, 6's are more pro-inflammatory, 3's reduce inflammation. Cold pressed oils escape heat processing which then comprises it's bioavailability.

(02-02-2015, 05:49 AM)Lotus Wrote:  Fenugreek oil (use for estrogenic, prolactin/progesterone).....also for DHT/Aromatase
Coconut oil- (5 alpha reductase, tissue promoter) aromatase promoter
Omega 3-6-9 oil (essential fatty acids) anti-inflammatory, pro tissue/aromatase (3's are estrogenic),
Green Tea oil- anti-inflammary, estrogenic, aromatase promoter.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8822]

I use coconut oil. I couldn't stand the smell of the flaxseed it gave me migraines, my whole room would smell of that awful sent. I read your post in which you stated that liquid absorption is 98%...very interesting. I am planning on ordering PM so I guess I won't bother on finding a liquid fenugreek. You seem to be very knowledgeable and I would love to ask you more questions.

(06-02-2015, 07:16 AM)Stubbornfemme Wrote:  I use coconut oil. I couldn't stand the smell of the flaxseed it gave me migraines, my whole room would smell of that awful sent. I read your post in which you stated that liquid absorption is 98%...very interesting. I am planning on ordering PM so I guess I won't bother on finding a liquid fenugreek. You seem to be very knowledgeable and I would love to ask you more questions.

Lol, I don't like smelling like a coconut. Rolleyes and yeah, I'm with yah on the flaxseed smell too. Chia seeds are in high in omega 3's too. Fenugreek and fennel oil's are a great option to have for massage oil's. In fact I would rotate fenugreek oil, coconut oil and a new oil to look into would be green tea oil. I've posted some recent info on the benefits of green tea for NBE. A lot of which is from scientific research, but the biggest part is that it's an anti-inflammatory/anti-oxidant/free-radical destroyer, promotes a estrogenic response inside cell receptors plus about a 1/2 dozen more benefits.

But you need at least 1 anti-inflammatory oil in a massage program, plus ones that address an estrogenic response, anti-DHT(dihydrotestosterone) (DHT prevents breast growth), pro-aromatase (converts testosterone to estrogen inside receptors).

Feel free to ask questions, we're here to help. Smile

Well I have read and will continue to read as much information as I can however there is a lot, some of it conflicting, and I get confused sometimes and paranoid about cancer. I have always had a huge fear of cancer long before my quest for nbe. I panicked when I found a lump, I think it was from fenugreek.. maybe a swollen milk duct. It wasn't cancer and went away but I stopped taking herbs. I started again recently with fenugreek and hops but stopped with the hops because I am on anti depressants and from what I read that's a bad idea. I have tried saw palmetto in the past with fenugreek which is when I found that lump. Something in my gut tells me not to use it...from what I have read I don't really like it. Is my anti depressant medication interfering in any way? What is right for my body? I don't have any symptoms of too much testosterone nor do I have any symptoms of too much estrogen. I haven't been successful with noogling in terms of actual growth not swelling.Never stuck to herbs out of fear and didn't like massage. I'm trying to start over, I'm focusing on massage with only some noogling, I want to take herbs but my fear is very high. I take a multivitamin,I am active and I am taking a protein supplement for extra protein. If I only took PM once a month for 10 days with no other herbs and massaged and noogled and added extra protein to my diet would that be sufficient? I don't want to take a laundry list of herbs. Any suggestions?

Yes, there's always plenty of suggestions, Rolleyes

Anti-depressants (sertaline) lowers estrogens, some will effect libido (antipsychotics), some increase prolactin, which will downregulate estrogens. I'd look at the interactions and speak to your doc. Do you still detect a lump?, the ones that aren't painful are the ones to get checked. Fibrocystic breasts are painful, I have them too, (I had mine checked, ok there). It's definitely scary stuff, but if you have proper cancer protecting protocols in place, the risks are lowered, (not eliminated).

Quote:Prolactin affects metabolic homeostasis by regulating key enzymes and transporters that are associated with glucose and lipid metabolism in several target organs. In the lactating mammary gland, prolactin increases the production of milk proteins, lactose and lipids. In adipose tissue, it generally suppresses lipid storage and adipokine release.

Generally there's 2 types of metabolizers, fast and slow, but some are in the middle, which sounds like you. I would think you'd benefit from adjusting daily eating habits. A diet that can focus around healthy fats (omega 3-6-9) plus fruits, dark leafy greens (organics), proteins like you stated will help. Reducing stress and inflammation can do more for NBE than most people realize. If you use those massage oil in combination with the above strategy you could have an effective program. An estrogenic herb can be considered in the first half (Btw, PM isn't on my favorite list anymore, I'm concerned about health and quality issues). Imo, the only safe bet is through proper nutrition, exercise (yoga) and massage.

I used to have a very fast metabolism until the anti depressants. I am still young in my early 20s. I would agree it's about medium now, I haven't gained much and am still thin plus liked the extra few pounds. I have an average small bust size for my frame,I have a small waist and small hips but a large bum. I have always been like that it's just my body type, I gain weight in my behind but not hips. I do need to change my diet...I love starch and hate vegetables. I don't know if the medication is lowering my estrogen because my breasts have not gotten smaller and I have been on it for years but I do want to increase my estrogen levels without causing cancer. The lump was not painful but was in a place where only 2% of breast cancer is found and it didn't have the rest of the signs. It went away a long time ago. I don't have lumpy breasts that's why I noticed when that one showed up with the herbs use.
[*] I'm thinking of starting this from reading around here:
Estrogenic herb-Pueraria, Pro Hormone- Protein supplement, Pro aromatase- Peony root, Potentiators-Dandelion root

Stress and cortisol are interlinked, depression can follow from increased levels of stress/cortisol. Don't let negative or destructive people bring you down, try and surround yourself with positive and uplifting people. Smile, laugh, have fun, I'm a sacastic person by nature, I try not to take myself or others too seriously. By no means am I preaching, just speaking from experience I guess. You can't worry about what you can't control, yeah I know, easier said right?.

Stay away from sugars and starch, which will trigger insulin. And spikes in insulin will send hormones out of balance. Estrogen closes the skins pours while testosterone (DHT) opens the skins pours letting in oil which will cause bacteria to inflame and cause acne, also an increase in body and chin hair is a sign of higher levels of DHT. When estrogen and testosterone are in balance the skin glows.

All the P's you've listed are good, I would introduce them slowly to judge how'll well you metabolize them.

Thank you for all the advice. Depression is common in my family, I have always had it since I was young along with another mood disorder. I truly do think my hormones were not balanced in that sense and needed the medication. I can do well with the depression without medication but my other mood disorder worsens significantly and is not tolerable. I have never had a problem with hair or acne and I have never had problems with my mentsrual cycle. Nothing stands out about me that would say too much estrogen or too much testosterone. I have always consumed a lot of starch and sugar so I am really regretting that right now.Dodgy As for the cancer fear I am trying to push it out, I'm hoping that since this is supposed to be natural that it is safer than getting implants. I also will continue to use the noogleberry (not certain what your thoughts are on that). Thank you again for taking the time to reply, it's really hard to do this without any advice and easy to feel defeated.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon