Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

push-up bras and fit

I notice that in a push-up bra (with all that push-up padding at the bottom of the cup, designed to push your breasts up and give you the look of cleavage), I am a size 30C.. but in non push-up bras, 30C is often too big in the cups for me. This is because in push-up bras, the padding takes up a lot of space in the cup (they don't seem to account for this when sizing it.. but I guess the padding is meant to displace your breast tissue and force it up?)

Anyway, I notice that I have gaping sometimes with push-up bras. The other day, I walked into a Change of Scandinavia store and tried on a push-up t-shirt bra in size 30B and there was a lot of gaping at the top.. so I tried the 30C and the gaping lessened, but there was still some. I didn't bother going for 30D bra because the cups just looked way too big. I think this is just a problem/flaw with many push-up bras - even if the bra seems to fit, there is gaping because of the placement of the padding. Usually, you hear that gaping is due to the cup being too big but in the case of push-up bras, I don't think this is true...

Anyone else have this issue sometimes? It doesn't happen to me all the time, so it seems to depend on the design of the bra. I like wearing push-up bras because it gives a lot of extra oomph. Smile

When I was smaller push-up bras just looked stupid (to me) because I lacked the tissue necessary to push anywhere. I think it also helps to have some upper breast tissue.

I have found Bradelis bras to be magnificent for smaller sized women, but the lacier style I have still pushes away from my skin (it's the lace). If I wear a cami with it, it's fine. The molded cup bra didn't have that problem. They don't have many molded cup choices, though.

I love my Wacoal push up bra, but they are limited in sizing. The 30DD fit me great, but now I ooze out in the center. They stop at DD cups. The 32DD has such wide and tall cups that as soon as I start moving around it gaps at the top. I think it really boils down to the cups being too tall and wide.

I never looked right in VS push-ups or the Wonderbra when I was wearing 34A. Not sure if a 30C (had I known that existed) would have worked out better for me at that time.

I seriously think that custom bra shops should exist!

Check this out.
Wish they didn't cost soo much..

https://bradelisnewyork.com/bradelislook/

ooh, those are some very nice bras, ella.. but yeah, on the pricier said for me! i get nervous buying bras online because i have had 50/50 luck so far with comfort and proper fit. have had to return quite a few (which gets costly since they usually do not pay for return shipping from where i am, and it is out of pocket for me).

(30-12-2014, 08:51 AM)ruch Wrote:  ooh, those are some very nice bras, ella.. but yeah, on the pricier said for me! i get nervous buying bras online because i have had 50/50 luck so far with comfort and proper fit. have had to return quite a few (which gets costly since they usually do not pay for return shipping from where i am, and it is out of pocket for me).

Yeh i hear you! Esp when it costs over $100 just to get them to your country! Ive paid over $100 for one victorias secret bra brought in from the US only to find a local trading site sell 3 of them the exact ones for $10!

Ruch, you're not the only one! I have the opposite problem when it comes to push up bras. When my chest was a bit smaller my 32C beige coloured bra fit like a normal bra. Like, no push up effect. Hahaha. Now that I've grown a bit, the fit is seriously odd. I get no cleavage, but I get quadraboob due to the shape of the bra. It's like the peak of the bra cup is a bit too low you know? Moving my breast tissue around doesn't help.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon