Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Attn Owner(s): Forum software bug? Exploit?

Something is substituting words in posts. On two separate occasions, I tried to use the abbreviation for National Football League, without periods, and after I hit "Post Reply", it said "KFC"!

When I went to edit the post, I found my original text, so my guess is that it's in the templating engine somewhere, because the post text is still correct in the database.

Now today, I found it replaced the word for those shirts football fans wear -- starts with "j" and ends with "ersey" -- gets converted to "muffins"! WTF?

So the organization + the shirts = NFL jerseys

I've checked it with different browsers and different computers. Same thing. The database still has my original text, and "KFC muffins" shows up in the page source as if it belongs there.

Certain words were being substituted in the forum, due to constant spam from people selling NFL jerseys. I thought it might deter them if NFL was rendered as KFC, jersey as coffee and jerseys as muffins, but I'm not sure that it made much difference. I'm not sure if the spammers were even aware enough to notice that their words were being changed, so for now at least the 3 word filters mentioned above have been deleted.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon