B.i.G.G (breast information growing guide Lv.2)

So, from day 10 to 14 before ovulation:  Forskolin, Hyaluronic pill, and a bit of progesterone , right? 

Question though: will using progesterone cause any delay on menstruation, or could happen? I use PC (pea size) from day 15 to 23 during luteal. This way my period is always on time. If I use until day 26 or more, my cycle turns out in 40 days lol.

HPA axis is correlated to breast growth pathway?!!  Dodgy Duh I need to get serious on reducing inflammation and sleep hygiene, yikes!

(18-09-2022, 02:05 PM)SweetO Wrote:  So, from day 10 to 14 before ovulation:  Forskolin, Hyaluronic pill, and a bit of progesterone , right? 

Question though: will using progesterone cause any delay on menstruation, or could happen? I use PC (pea size) from day 15 to 23 during luteal. This way my period is always on time. If I use until day 26 or more, my cycle turns out in 40 days lol.

HPA axis is correlated to breast growth pathway?!!  Dodgy Duh I need to get serious on reducing inflammation and sleep hygiene, yikes!

Hi Sweets, 

Stick with day 15 to 23 pea size progesterone cream, definitely don't need a 40 day cycle. The hypothalamus and anterior pituitary sense signaling from follicle and luteinizing hormones when levels change, in other words a negative feedback mechanism. Take for instance high levels of estrogen are released from FSH around mid Follicular (day 7) but because the hypothalamus picks up this (negative feedback reaction) from the ovaries it lowers the production of estrogen, it comes back up around day 14 and gets stimulated by LH and Inhibin, pretty cool huh, that's another negative feedback reaction. These specific cycle days are not exact, as no two cycles are alike. 

So Sweets, are you having trouble falling asleep or staying asleep?. I want to help you find a specific plan that best fits your needs. 

(20-09-2022, 05:58 AM)Lotus Wrote:  
(18-09-2022, 02:05 PM)SweetO Wrote:  So, from day 10 to 14 before ovulation:  Forskolin, Hyaluronic pill, and a bit of progesterone , right? 

Hi Sweets, 

Stick with day 15 to 23 pea size progesterone cream, definitely don't need a 40 day cycle. The hypothalamus and anterior pituitary sense signaling from follicle and luteinizing hormones when levels change, in other words a negative feedback mechanism. Take for instance high levels of estrogen are released from FSH around mid Follicular (day 7) but because the hypothalamus picks up this (negative feedback reaction) from the ovaries it lowers the production of estrogen, it comes back up around day 14 and gets stimulated by LH and Inhibin, pretty cool huh, that's another negative feedback reaction. These specific cycle days are not exact, as no two cycles are alike. 

So Sweets, are you having trouble falling asleep or staying asleep?. I want to help you find a specific plan that best fits your needs. 

Yes I struggle a lot with sleeping since I was a kid. Though, when I developed Anxiety disorder and later on depression, sleeping has become a challenge. I take mirtazapine since 2015, it's an antidepressant. It helps with sleeping but I cannot go more than 15mg: 30mg or 45 mg doses indeed work, more relaxed, but it activates ghrelin, so ... when I was 44 kg I needed the extra weight but now I am 63kg I think adding weight ain't a good idea lol, I'm petite. 

So I take mirtazapine 15mg with magnesium. I take magnesium midday 100mg and before bed 100mg. Helps a lot, but if I don't take both nothing works to fall asleep. And then the drama comes next morning hahaha, I feel like a truck hit me really hard so "brain fog" stays with me a couple of hours. I work out the in the morning (two hours after waking up) and helps as well. I used to go to the gym at 9PM until last year and I think it aggravated the whole sleep mess, so this year I have been focusing on this: Sleeping better.

Lotus, it's doable to regulate HPA axis therefore my T levels get better through diet, supplements and sleep?

Hi Sweets, 

Apologies for the late response, we have a lot in common lol. I've taken mirtazapine for a sleep disorder too and had the same issue waking up the next morning and weight gain. I was recommended to try Trazodone which is similar to mirtazapine, some say the side effects are the same, in my case I didn't get the mirtazapine hangover and hunger from hell, the change really helped me though, talk to your doctor…see what they think. ? Have you tried melatonin to help fall asleep? 

But seeing you describe depression, anxiety, trouble sleeping and having pcos makes me suspect cortisol related issues mixed with pcos. Turns out androgens, insulin, cortisol play havoc on pcos. High cortisol levels can mimic pcos symptoms too. Don't let the title of the science article throw off, of you read the entire article the talk about lean subjects versus obese subjects, so there's differences to productions rates and metabolic rates. The main point being is how cortisol could be the main culprit behind your pcos, ance, sleep disturbance, weight gain, fatigue, etc...this of course is just my observation, fwiw.

Altered cortisol metabolism in polycystic ovary syndrome: insulin enhances 5alpha-reduction but not the elevated adrenal steroid production rates
"The changes in 5alpha-R, 11beta-HSD1, and 20alpha/beta-HSD enzyme activities observed in PCOS may contribute to the increased production rates of cortisol and androgens, supporting the concept of a widespread dysregulation of steroid metabolism." 
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/14671189/

Hey, Lotus!

Melatonin helps me but at some point I get some kind of tolerance with it, though, I never have taken more than 5mg. I think Natrol sells 10mg, but I have never looked into the melatonin's properties and maximum dosage either. I began taking it cause I saw it helped with jet lag and I take it when I have to travel for work and there is some jet lag involved. 

Mirtazapine for me is been a life saver regarding to sleeping. But I do know I have to be more "strict" with myself and I cannot be thinking in legal issues right before bed, which is my biggest mistake I think. When I am off from work (this is why I love summer, 25 days straight with no legal dramas in my mind lol) my sleep improves quite a lot, so I bet these thoughts have a lot of influence in my metabolism. My mom keeps telling me to shut down the laptop and the cellphone before having dinner but I pay 0 attention. I will have to change my mindset indeed.

Also, I am researching a lot about Reishi. Damn, it is a really potent adaptogen! It helps too with controlling blood sugar so I guess it has effects on insulin spikes as well. 

I ordered in liquid form and I plan to take with it Zinc. My plan is to take both without any other supplement besides magnesium and HMB. I take HMB once a year to enhance my performance during sports. Usually for 16 weeks, no more.

Funny thing I haven't shared here though: last year I took HMB with Carnitine + and BCAAs during 20 weeks. In the first 8 weeks I was taking pueraria and using progesterone cream. I lost inches around my waist (almost 1"), grew my thighs 4cm  and grew my breasts 3 cm.  On Sunday while I was looking for some info around here you talked about exogenous ketones. And I realised why the magic happened Big Grin  (I am stuck since then but hey! I haven't lost it haha)

OMG. Cortisol. Yes, it makes sense. I'm going to read the paper you posted. 

Thank you for all you do for us, my dear Lotus!

Have a good week ^^

(27-09-2022, 12:58 PM)SweetO Wrote:  OMG. Cortisol. Yes, it makes sense. I'm going to read the paper you posted. 

Thank you for all you do for us, my dear Lotus!

Have a good week ^^

My pleasure, lots more to do too Smile