Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

How to Correctly Measure Cup size

Hi everyone,
Although I am new to the forum, I do have a bit of knowledge on how to measure cup sizes. There is a method where you measure your band size and add 5 or so inches. This method is actually incorrect and is outdated.

To properly measure your cup size, stand in front of a mirror and measure your band. Your band is right under your breasts and right about your rib cages. Make sure when you measure the band, the measuring tape does not go up or down. If your band size is an odd number, round it up by one. If your band size has .5 on the end, round up to the next number and if the next number is odd, round it up again.

Example:
29" is rounded to 30".
If you get 26.5" this is rounded to 27" and then rounded to 28"

The next step is to measure your bust. Again, you want to make sure the measuring tape does not go up or down. Afterwards, you minus the band from your bust and the number is equal to a certain letter.

A= 1, B=2, C=4, D=5 and so on.

For example if your band is 32" and your bust is 35", your bra would be 32C.
Don't be surprised if your cup size is smaller or larger than what you expected, because there are sister sizes which you all may know of and many have about the same volume however the band is different. Do not worry about the letters because the cup is relative to the band.

Though, many may know already how to properly measure cup sizes, I hope this helps out a few people.

I hope you all have a lovely day and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Smile

The above is probably true, except for males. I suspect it's mostly due to the upside down paramid shape of their rib cage in respect to normal female.

For instance. my measurements are 39 at band line, and varies between 47.5 and 48" at the breast. That's almost an 8 inch, which would mean a 40 G or H cup..... I am here to tell you that it's NOT. I wear a 38C or 40 B.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon