Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

is it possible to get pregnant while at NBE?

Im just thinking if is it possible to get pregnant while at NBE and drinking herbs?
I've tried to search at google but couldn't get any answer.
So, if anybody here have an idea or know about this matter, please let me/us knowSmile

It depends on what you take. If you're not trying to get pregnant, its playing with fire. It's also an issue, for herbs that increase LH or FSH, which are both used to increase fertility up to multiple births.

The herbs at the thread Hormones and fertility (ovaries, FSH, mint, clover, ZEN, etc) decrease fertility, and some up to the point of sterility.

Spearmint is an herb that raises LH and FSH, and too much mint concentrate is dangerous.

It's not a good idea to balance fertility herbs with herbs that reduce fertility, because they may work by different functions. Clover (and likely ZEN) shrink the ovaries, while Spearmint raises LH. (LH might increase the ovary size, but who knows, its playing with fire)

(27-09-2014, 03:26 PM)lovely11 Wrote:  It depends on what you take. If you're not trying to get pregnant, its playing with fire. It's also an issue, for herbs that increase LH or FSH, which are both used to increase fertility up to multiple births.

The herbs at the thread Hormones and fertility (ovaries, FSH, mint, clover, ZEN, etc) decrease fertility, and some up to the point of sterility.

Spearmint is an herb that raises LH and FSH, and too much mint concentrate is dangerous.

It's not a good idea to balance fertility herbs with herbs that reduce fertility, because they may work by different functions. Clover (and likely ZEN) shrink the ovaries, while Spearmint raises LH. (LH might increase the ovary size, but who knows, its playing with fire)

Hi, thanks for your reply...
I am taking red clover blossoms,fenugreek seeds and saw palmettoSmile
So red clover actually decrease fertility?
I am fine with getting pregnant if ever, just worried cos i am seeing things like "do not take this product if you are pregnant or nursing"
So what if you become pregnant and you still taking herbs because you didn't know about it?

Just stop taking it, if you become pregnant. Long-term use of infertility herbs, and taking them while pregnant can cause problems, the deeper into pregnancy the more problems they can cause. You can stop taking it, when you find out you're pregnant, and don't have to worry about it. Just keep up good nutrition. Some herbs in high doses can cause convulsions to cause a womb to leave the body.

Everything is in link and its sources, it says how red clover decreases fertility, and can lead all the way to sterility. If using red clover, limit it to topical away from the lower body, and limit its use. Red clover causes livestock to have smaller offspring, and I think it mentioned defects for more severe use of clover. It caused problems for Quails too. Humans have many of the same receptors for fertility as other mammals, (and this extents to birds) so the precaution is for humans too. It's called "red clover disease," and you can also do a search for it.

An herb that raises LH or that tries to cause a period to happen, can cause defects to a developing fetus (later in pregnancy), I think because the convulsions interfere with the fetus, when it is a significant size. Pennyroyal is a mint with probably the most toxins of the Mint genus, and a woman died taking a spoonful extract of it. Pennyroyal has been also used for abortions. Other mints have a negligible amount of the toxic chemical that pennyroyal has, but they all still can cause miscarriages if taken in large amounts.

A tea, however, some herbs may not cause harm. Use this link I pointed out Medline Plus - Herbs and supplements

Also, with the labeled warnings. It's because the effects of anything are more pronounced to a fetus, than the adult. For instance, pregnant women shouldn't drink alcohol nor smoke, because of the defects that can cause.. Better to be on the safe side, because not all supplements are well documented for pregnancy.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon