Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Baby Oil...harmful?

Hello girls,

I just started massaging and I was wondering if Baby Oil is OK to massage with. I'm just looking for something that would make massaging easier for me. I mean makes my skin slippery and easier to massage. I might even be washing it off after I finish massaging.

I purchased the Johnson's Baby Oil and here are the ingredients written at the back of the bottle:

Paraffinum Liquidum, Isoprpyl Palmitate, Parfum.

Is any of these ingredients harmful for my breasts and would hinder their growth or are they safe to use?

Thanks in advance Smile

I think regular baby oil is one of those things that a lot of people avoid for nbe, especially as lots of people here are very health conscious. I think people here tend to stick to purer, more natural oils, especially since some of these may aid in hormone balance and are healthy for the skin and tissues. As you may have noticed around th forums, olive and almond oil, for example are popular choices. I actually wouldn't even use regular "baby oil" on my baby, no how. Good luck :]

"Parfum" or "fragrance" is an ingredient you should try to avoid. It's one of those vague terms that tells you nothing about what the substance really contains. Like "natural" or "artificial" flavors.

In the case of parfum, often times formaldehyde derivatives are an ingredient.

I wouldn't touch the stuff but the same goes for a lot of cosmetic and hygiene products. At least with cosmetics, they pretty me up so I can justify it! You have plenty of cheap natural oil alternatives, so go with those. I've used sunflower and flax seed oils with no problems before.

i thought baby oil was a by-product of the petrolium industry,or maybe that was vaseline..

(26-08-2014, 10:46 PM)Tanya Marie Squirrel Wrote:  i thought baby oil was a by-product of the petrolium industry,or maybe that was vaseline..

That's Vaseline, which is technically a brand name. The actual substance is called petroleum jelly. Obviously, it was named in a simpler, more honest time.

Lol

Thank you ladies for all the replies and help.

I guess I won't be using it then. I'll just massage with my good old body lotion.

Hi there Smile
I've been using baby oil to massage, just because it doesn't look unusual if I keep in on my table with my lotions and stuff Big Grin. I'm in college and don't want someone to be like "why is there flaxseed oil in your facial products drawer" Dodgy

HOWEVER. I do think it's not the best choice of oil to use for massaging. I haven't had any problems with it, but to be honest, there are better choices out there. Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon