Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

PM makes me an emotional WRECK!!

I have been taking PM, fennel, saw palmetto, super omega on and off (mostly off) for about a year now for the duration of a week after my period. I've only gone through maybe one bottle of pm over the year because i'm so bad about taking it. Anyway, I've noticed that whenever I start to take it again, I am a complete emotional wreck. I cry over every little thing, I get depressed, and it's making me nuts that I'm so emotional! Has anyone else noticed this? Is it normal? Is there something that I can take that would make me not so emotional but still get the same affect that others get with their breasts? So far, I've not grown at all.

omg me too! a week after stopping PM I get very depressed and cry very easily especially when watching sappy romantic stuff - and i'm a very cynical person as it is... I just got Vitex and Evening Primrose Oil. Taking those to balance my hormones. I am taking them everyday, even on the days I take my PM.

Yes it does this to me, when I am low on progesterone (i.e. increasing PM/estrogen without also increasing progesterone levels can lead to estrogen dominance symptoms).

The first 3 months of PM were ok and I grew over an inch (I was only using it 2 weeks on 2 weeks off), my nails grew strong, I felt fine. After that though I started getting very moody, pretty depressed, weight gain around the middle when I normally always stay the same and don't fluctuate, bloating, frequent headaches (normally never get them), libido plummeted, shedding a lot of hair, periods long and all over the place, and also my breast growth stunted.

A few months ago I started getting serious with the progesterone cream to try and balance it out. I used it for my luteal phase and used no PM. Then I used it for about a month straight and got my period the day I stopped it Smile

I am a different person when I'm using the progesterone cream! So much happier, the extra weight dropped off my belly, my libido higher than in a looong time, no headaches, not shedding hair ect ect ect. I think I may be low in progesterone naturally due to various symptoms I've always had which disappear when I use the cream. One thing which was a surprise - all my life I have NEVER had any nipple sensitivity, and never had any swelling during my cycle or ever had sore boobs (no swelling or tenderness even during any of my 3 pregnancies). When upping my progesterone my nipples actually have sensitivity and it feels so good when hubby plays with them ect it really gets me going! This has never been the case ever. So it's a welcome change Smile I'm sure it will help my boobs grow too because I feel better about the and I feel sexier!

I've just started taking PM again for 2 weeks, tomorrow I start the progesterone cream for 2 weeks, and will continue to cycle to see if I get growth again Smile My nails have grown strong again for the first time since I first started PM a year ago so I think I'm on the right track. When I first took PM and got some growth (a year ago), I had been taking Maca for a few months prior - which I think helped balance hormones.

Hey cherrie, how much PM were you taking? Maybe lower it a little. Sometimes some people see results with a lower dosage than others who need more of course. Cuz since you're getting more emotional with it, its probably too much. I'm estrogen deficient, taking 1 Ainterol PM which is 500mg. And i didn't get all emotional. Just tiny break out on my face and back, like tiny bumps not the huge ones, so I added SP. Today I hit a month and will be taking 2 PM now. Hope you'll be alright taking PM again, try taking it slow. Lower doses then up it later if you haven't already. Good luck!! =D

Thanks Smile I think I initially took it for longer than 2 weeks, and I think my body really needs the progesterone cream to balance out. I had been slack with the P cream in the past so I'm definitely keeping an eye on it this time around!

I think you need to take PM with a different type of hormonal herb. I'm not sure if an estrogenic, or progestogenic herb is needed. Mood increases prolactin. PM and hops might be a good combination. Also, maybe use less PM.

An adaptogen such as Maca, Indian Ginseng, Schizandra, Siberian Ginseng, or Panax ginseng is helpful for sure.

I, also, had severe depression/emotional difficulties - almost like severe PMS. Started when I was on BO so I stopped that & switched to PM Somewhere I read that Fenugreek helps. I tried it & kept increasing it til it evened out my moods. Right now I'm on 5490 mg of FG. I've used PG cream too for the last 2-3 yrs.

Oh damn that happens to me too! I took PM for I think about half a year and I turned into a crazy angry crying disaster, but the girls didn't grow so boo Sad

I guess my issue isn't hormonal then? I'm not sure what to make of it.

Anyway, I haven't been taking PM for about 3 months now and while I no longer have irrational mood swings, I still cry at the slightest thing (and I mean SLIGHTEST) ((I never used to be like that; I used to never cry))

I don't actually mind it as it is now, since I'm not mood-swinging too badly, but I was rather put off since the girls didn't fill either. And, reading your replies, maybe I should try progesterone? Will that help me be less emotional?

Good luck to everyone on your NBE journey! Big Grin

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon