Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Question about Maca powder

Hello ladies

I have been browsing the forum for days reading all your post, just wanna thank you all for the info, tips and guides. I first read about using maca powder on this amazing forum and got really interested, went further to search more on the net about it and I'm in love with it, especially because of the benefits it contains of regulating hormones. I already bought my maca powderBig Grin from Navitas( one of the best brands for natural product) I couldn't get the gelatinized form though, but the my search I learned that you can roast the raw one as it is advisable to not take it raw as it could cause some complications in your stomach. I should start today with maca, but I got a few thing I need to be sure of before I start. I am currently taking daily...

2tsp of fenugreek seeds
1/2tsp of fennel seeds
1tsp of cumin powder
A pinch of cloves
1 pill of B-Complex
2 pills of breast actives

Is there any of the above that can affect the effectiveness of maca? I was thinking of getting off the breast actives pill and cream because 3 months down the line I haven't seen or felt any effect from using it. I recently made my own massage oil which contains fennel & fenugreek, both in powder form, cooked together in coconut oil and though it's effect is not huge, at least there is sum. And what exactly is the recommended daily dosage for maca powder? I read that you should take time off sometimes, like don't take it once in a week or for a week in a month. Please add any info and experiences you might haveWink

Hi, how old are you? Shy
I personally think you are taking too much.Take estrogenic herbs the first half of your cycle and progestrogenic the second half.And I'd stick with maca daily continuosly the first few months for it to take effect.
Anyways, I wish you success! Smile

Also, take anti androgens if you can the second half of the cycle for better effects and against acne.

Thnx For the light and best wishes Big Grin I think I need to do more research as I have no idea what you mean about estrogen , progestrogenic and androgens. I shall search more , thnx again

Oh, but that's important!
For example cumin raises progesterone and fenugreek estrogen.
No probs. Big Grin

Lunice I realize that now, well I started taking fenugreek and fennel for raising estrogen levels since I learned that I'm under and as for cumin it was mainly for benefitting from the iron and other minerals it contains. I was not aware of it raising progesterone levels. I will improve my research, thnx so much LuniceWink

Vitacost have gelatinized maca pills... not sure what country you're in but i know they ship to US and Australia.. they may ship elsewhere too. Check the website Smile

Thnx for the reference Goddess04Big Grin I think I should finish the powder first and see how it goes,then I can switch to pills if it doesn't work for me

Is the anyone using maca who is on bc at the same time? What is your experience? please share... I started maca yesterday and I took 1tsp and I experienced a bit of cramp in my stomach during my sleep, nothing I couldn't handle though because it didn't even last a mere 5 mnts, thnx GOD. So today I decided to go half on the dose and I don't think I feel any effect from it. I'm taking maca for weight gain and I'm normally active, but I have chosen to take a break and see if I will respond quickly to maca since I'm desperate to get my gains back, but I don't want to take the risk of taking too much of maca, what would be an ideal diet in order to speed up the effect?

I got the powder today, raw.No side effects after first try, and the taste is not bad either. :-P
Also got zinc supplement.

Day 2. Tongue
Weird, it actually suspresses my appetite haha.I can eat any time so even if it increased my appetite I wouldn't notice it.
But I stick to my calorie intake, if I overeat too fast I just countinue the day without food or transfer calories to tomorrow.

I am so jealous of people who can't gaing weight pfffft... xD

Day 3.
-slightly increased sebum production, no pimples for now, just a few very tiny whiteheads...
-falling asleep easier but sleeping shorter, I feel rested after just 5 hours. o.o

Today I mixed it with honey and ate it.There is no taste on this world I can't stand.Tongue
I only take one teaspoon.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon