Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Gauging interest: Bulk shatavari extract order

Wasn't sure if I should post this here or in the for sale section, since it isn't really for sale at the moment.

I've been looking into making a huge shatavari powdered extract order and parceling it out into 200 gram portions. Shatavari is similar to fenugreek but without the maple smell, and like fenugreek (and unlike some other alternatives) studies show it to be completely nontoxic no matter how high the amount given. It is a 30% saponin extract meaning it's roughly 18:1, so you'd effectively be getting about 3.6 kg herbs (8 lbs.). Since it's an extract it also dissolves rapidly in water and is gentle on the stomach, unlike whole herbs. In a few seconds it becomes much like tea. You could use it in lotions too.

I was thinking of charging $15 plus shipping. Shipping should be fairly low since 200g is a small pouch that could go in a padded envelope. Assuming you eventually used a fairly high amount of 1,000 mg (~1/2 tsp) a day, equal to about 18,000 mg (~8 tsp or 2.5 tbsp) of fenugreek/shatavari, it would last about 6 months. I could also do 100g parcels. That's about half the cost of whole fenugreek, and about 1/4 the cost of whole shatavari. And it's much easier to take.

I would need about 70 people interested to make this worthwhile. So please post and let me know if you would consider some if I made it available. This would also go in my Curves Blend breast enhancement powder (sig). Those who wished to continue ramping up beyond the already high amount at the highest suggested amount of Curves Blend could instead add more shatavari extract on top of it.

It is also good for testicle and male hormonal & sexual support, so you could share it with your significant other as well. But don't worry about testosterone if you don't have testicles. Shatavari and a little maca is a nice combination, and you might consider getting him oysters now and then too. I have used quite a lot of both fenugreek and shatavari extract myself.

Yes, I'd be interested. Presently I use the powdered root, which is a lumpy powder and turns out to be hygroscopic which makes it more so. I'm a bit hazy as to how much I should be taking - I'm currently using a teaspoonful per day of the powder.

You said it has 30% saponins in it,one of them wouldn't have to be sarsasapogenin is it?I heard on a different forum sarsasapogenin was a lipo-filling(fat-storing)topical herb.

(04-08-2014, 12:53 PM)WannaBePearShaped Wrote:  You said it has 30% saponins in it,one of them wouldn't have to be sarsasapogenin is it?I heard on a different forum sarsasapogenin was a lipo-filling(fat-storing)topical herb.

Shatavarins though I think a lot of saponins are similar. Like fenugreek extract it is great to use topically too. Sarsasapogenin is from sarsaparilla.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon