Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

I think I might be done with NBE *tear*

I have fenugreek seeds and fennel seeds right now. Should I start taking them both? How do I take the seeds and how much?

I have seen that a lot of people take PM and it doesn't look too expensive. Would this be good to start in addition to the FG or in place of it? Can anyone recommend a good brand? (BonitaDD-any advice on this? As I saw in your program that you grew a lot on PM right?)

I have been hesitant to take herbs since I hadn't had my hormones tested. I was hoping NB and massage would be enough but that hasn't been the case. Since a few of you are telling me it may not be a big deal to have a hormone test first I think I'd like to give herbs a try. I've done a lot of research on hormones and herbs but am still confused by a lot of it so I apologize for all the questions. Thank you all SO much for your help and support!

Btw Ella you are so right, if I quit now I will probably either always wonder what would have happened or would end up just coming back to NBE down the road.

(03-08-2014, 04:16 AM)Kristin00 Wrote:  I have fenugreek seeds and fennel seeds right now. Should I start taking them both? How do I take the seeds and how much?

I have seen that a lot of people take PM and it doesn't look too expensive. Would this be good to start in addition to the FG or in place of it? Can anyone recommend a good brand? (BonitaDD-any advice on this? As I saw in your program that you grew a lot on PM right?)

I have been hesitant to take herbs since I hadn't had my hormones tested. I was hoping NB and massage would be enough but that hasn't been the case. Since a few of you are telling me it may not be a big deal to have a hormone test first I think I'd like to give herbs a try. I've done a lot of research on hormones and herbs but am still confused by a lot of it so I apologize for all the questions. Thank you all SO much for your help and support!

Btw Ella you are so right, if I quit now I will probably either always wonder what would have happened or would end up just coming back to NBE down the road.
If you don't know your hormone levels but have around Cs-ish then I would take fenugreek seeds by themselves. Soak a spoonful overnight in water, eat. Increase to several spoonfuls after not too long, even up to 1/4-1/2 cup, just make sure you're used to it first so you don't get swelling that is too painful to bear or etc. Optionally you could add an anti-androgen like spearmint and something for collagen (or just eat a lot of misc rubbery meat parts like skin). Use all of these the whole month.

If you take PM you can combine it with fenugreek. There are a few popular ones but Ainterol is popular and cheap. I would use PM the first half of your cycle and balance it out with progesterone cream the 2nd half of your cycle, which is also cheap, to avoid throwing yourself out of balance. There are a few brands on Amazon. Not sure if PM is ok with fennel but I'd leave the fennel out while taking PM to be safe.

Another option instead of PM would be red clover seeds or flax seeds. They are weaker than PM but the advantage is there is little risk of throwing yourself out of balance so it would be easily to take without a hormone test. If anything they might balance you out more. You would use 1/4 tsp. of red clover seeds, 1 tsp. fennel seeds, and soak with the fenugreek seeds all month (no cycling needed). For flax seeds you use ~1 tsp. instead of 1/4 tsp., but it also has some healthy ALAs. Instead of sprouting the flax you might find it easier to use ground flax with some honey. Unlike fenugreek you wouldn't increase any of these over time, just use a fixed amount. Optionally you could likewise combine with an anti-androgen and collagen. To stay balanced in the long run I wouldn't use the fennel without the red clover or flax, though in the short run it wouldn't hurt much.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon