Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

who here does NOT cycle pm? / Dr.s input on my period

Just wondering about anyone who doesn't cycle pm, and just takes it daily. Is it working out for you? I know the girls here cycle to get their period regularly. What is the purpose of having a period regularly?

I went to my Dr. and told him about my irregular periods, that I have it about every 3 months. Annnddd.... he said. "Oh that's normal" and then that was it. And this was my face >>> O_o....... And that was the end of my Dr. visit. He just did a normal check up and practically asked me what did I want him to do about it and then I left. I'm sure irregular periods are normal for some women but now I'm just confused, unless this Dr. didn't know jack and he was just wanting me to get out. Lol!

So sorry you seem to have had a very uninformative appointment. Maybe you could call and ask for a script for a hormone blood test.
To answer your questions, don't count on cycling PM to keep your period regular. It's an individual thing. I'm dealing with a period that's just about 2 weeks late and the only thing I've done differently is start PM two cycles ago. Just for the record, I've NEVER been late in my life unless I was pregnant, which I am not. The only thing that's changed is the addition of PM in the first half of my cycle. As far as regular periods, what's regular for one will not be what's regular for you. Age, too, plays a factor. Every three months is a bit long, but if everything checks out okay, it could be normal for you. I'm pretty new around here, but I'm sure some of the more experienced girls will be able to give you more answers and better advice. I wish you the best of luck!

Thanks aprilsun! Your response gave me an assurance. I know all of our bodies are different, and that my body is probably seeing this as normal. I was pretty physically active since high school and I read being active can result to having periods only every other month or so.... The Dr. did do a normal check up and nothing else was abnormal, and I didn't feel sick or had bad symptoms or anything to question. Only the days I have my period it hits me harder than others. I can't even walk on the heavy days cuz of the cramps are so bad lol Tongue. Oh and I just started taking PM just 2 days ago... taking only 1 PM a day and I got my period today. Not sure if it was a coincidence or the PM brought on my period?? Who knows.... Now I have to deal with horrible cramps and back aches T.T *tears* I'm having these symptoms here now as I am typing lol

I've recently read some posts from some woman taking PM everyday, no cycle, and they still have their period monthly, no changes in their period. And many like to cycle to keep their cycle in order cuz it messes with their cycle. But you're right it's an individual thing.

Thanks for your time and response! And good luck to you as well!

Ohhhh! I'm jealous! I wish mine would come - and in a hurry! I feel like crap. Nearly four weeks of cramps and today a migraine. Maybe your 'luck' will rub off on me! LOL! Hope you feel better soon. By the way, I just read that if you take a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (Braggs or another organic with the mother in it) mixed with apple juice one to three times a day with meals (or mixed with water and honey if you can stomach it), it helps to tone down the heavy bleeding and cramping that can sometimes come with late periods. I'm definitely going to keep some on hand for when mine finally starts.

awww... four weeks of cramping??? ya. that blows. Hope you feel better soon as well!

And thanks for that info! I'll probably give that apple juice cider vinegar a try lol that's very interesting. Cuz today, my first day of my period, the light day, isn't even light! oh well Smile I'll just have to deal with it lol. Ahh... the wonders of being a female. So so awesome. ;P

i put pm on my ten speed and rode it didnt help my boobs any to cycle it .. lol.. just kidding!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon