Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

I need all your knowledge about properly fitting bras

Measurements: Band 27.5, Bust 33.6 - Calculators say 28E/F. One fitted said 30DD.
I bought one bra, size 28D/30DD. When I do scoop and woop it is too small (cup!). The band is tight, which is ok. I have MUCH fat the armpits. It is said that this is migrated breast tissue, but I never wore too small bras- I wore too big bras (32A/B) when I was an AA!
When I'm wearing the bra for about 30 minutes all the fat I scooped and wooped in is gone back to it's place and there's space on the top of the cup (especially on the sides).
The bh straps are also too long, they glide along my shoulders.. But I can't pull it tighter as the straps are only half to regulate..

Any advice?
I'm getting angry with this bras but without I look flat Angry

I would start you off at a 28F maybe bigger but I don't know your leaning bust measurement. When I cups of a bra are too small it'll make the band feel too tight but the bras you tried don't have bands small enough or your boobs wouldn't settle. Straps being too tight can be a sign of a too big band or just having a short torso. Looks for bands that are fully adjustable. You can get migrated tissue because your band was too big in the 32s and allowed your breast tissue to settle outside that cups.

I normally wear a 32A but according to my measurements (underbust = 27, bust = 30.5), i should be a 28C. However, I find that a 32 band is tight enough for me (when I buy new bras, I don't even like t clasp it on the tightest one, but always on the loosest one.. otherwise, I feel uncomfortable). It might just be my preference to like it looser, and since I don't need a bra to hold me up, I am fine, right? I wear a bra mostly to get added "cleavage" (padding! underwire! push-up! Smile). I have read that 28C is a sister size to 32A, meaning the cup sizes are the same. I was wondering though if there are any other differences, aside from just band size, that would affect the fit for me? i.e. are the cups positioned differently or anything like that?

Ruch: It is a natural push up, it gives hold. Most of the weight from the breasts should be carried by the band and not the straps.

Lovedebbie: Thank you. I bought a 28F yesterday. My leaning bust measurement is 33.6" too.

It's strange - in cm my band is 70 cm. That would be a 32 band size. In " it is 27.5. That would be a 28" band size. European bras are also bigger than englisch bras. My 30DD (should be 32D, 34C or 36C) is as big as my 34B bra (looking at the cups) Big Grin

Oops, sorry uhuccup.. I should have clarified i was not trying to answer your question but asking my own by hijacking your thread. Sorry! Anyone know he answer?

That said, maybe your bra is one of those ones that require you to add 4" to your actual measurement. I read on here that is still a common but outdated way of sizing bras.

(31-07-2014, 07:48 AM)ruch Wrote:  Oops, sorry uhuccup.. I should have clarified i was not trying to answer your question but asking my own by hijacking your thread. Sorry! Anyone know he answer?

That said, maybe your bra is one of those ones that require you to add 4" to your actual measurement. I read on here that is still a common but outdated way of sizing bras.

I noticed that ruch Wink
And I answered - because you asked what benefits a properly fitting bra has.
It gives you support. It is comfortable. Most of the weight is carried by the band and not by the straps.

No, it isn't like that. Wink I live in Austria. Here we calculate our bra size in cm, not in inches.
In cm I've got 70. That makes me a 70 band size - which is a 32 in the UK.
But in the UK there are inches to calculate the bra size. I'm 27.5" underbust, that makes me a 28 band. That would be a 60 cm in Austria.
It's weird and maybe difficult to understand if you don't live in Austria..
(Because I can't explain very well Tongue..)

thanks, uhuccup!

i am wondering if the cup positioning is different, even if the size is the same. for example, are the 2 cups spaced closer together for smaller band sizes?

Ruch you may well be in a cup too small. Measuring is only a starting point. Do you overflow after you swoop and scoop?
Wire lengths are different based on the size and some bras are made to accommodate shallow breast while others are good for more projected breast.

I definitely don't overflow.. lol. I wish I did! I have been wearing a 32A since forever, but I have lost some more body fat due to exercise and I went from an average 32A to a small 32A (I am hoping I am not a 32AA now!). Some of my bras don't fit very well now - they gape a bit at the top (they are very padded and I usually buy push-up bras.. the top doesn't always lie flat on my breast and is visible under close fitting shirts). Now I found out I may be a 28C (though I find 32 band tight enough.. can't imagine the discomfort of tighter?). If there is no difference between a 28C and 32A aside from band size, then it is probably better for me to keep with 32A because I have never ever seen a 28C bra in a store and would have to order online.. but it makes me nervous to buy bras without trying them on first so I don't like that idea very much!

I have my measurements in my signature now (also in my profile info if you click on my name)

(01-08-2014, 04:18 AM)ruch Wrote:  I definitely don't overflow.. lol. I wish I did! I have been wearing a 32A since forever, but I have lost some more body fat due to exercise and I went from an average 32A to a small 32A (I am hoping I am not a 32AA now!). Some of my bras don't fit very well now - they gape a bit at the top (they are very padded and I usually buy push-up bras.. the top doesn't always lie flat on my breast and is visible under close fitting shirts). Now I found out I may be a 28C (though I find 32 band tight enough.. can't imagine the discomfort of tighter?). If there is no difference between a 28C and 32A aside from band size, then it is probably better for me to keep with 32A because I have never ever seen a 28C bra in a store and would have to order online.. but it makes me nervous to buy bras without trying them on first so I don't like that idea very much!

I have my measurements in my signature now (also in my profile info if you click on my name)

The extra padding in the cups can be causing the gapping and it could be that all your breast tissue is not it the cup. It's pretty normal for all types of sizes to gap in molded cups. Certain ribcages allow for tighter or loser bands but I think it's all preference and as long as your feeling support. My tight measurement is 23 whiles my snug measurement ranges from 24.5-25. 28 bands are big on me and 32 bands give me absolutely no support. I'm literarily swimming in any band sizes that are larger. If your bra band is riding up though then it's a pretty obvious tell that's it's too big and Well I'd say don't knock it till you try it. Your measurements do indicate 28C. Check out the bra band project as well. Brabandproject.com and you can see women in their correct bra sizes.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon