Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Ridiculous bra fitters

...Hello everyone, I'm new around here...and I'm not sure if this is the right section to post this in...

Well, yesterday I went bra shopping...and this bra fitter handed me a few bras and told me "you look good in them!" although they totally did not fit (band riding up, quadraboob and all that)

And here comes the best part.

I didn't want to make a purchase, and she told me this:
~You have a small frame, it's totally impossible to find a bra that fits you perfectly! Just settle with something that 'kinda' fits.
~The purpose of a bra is to let you look presentable. You're so flat, why won't you wear a padded bra?
~Your perceptions are wrong. Your boobs are supposed to adapt to your bra. If you expect your bra to adapt to your body you will never find a bra that fits.

...Are those statements true in any way? Cause I think she's being ridiculous! Maybe I'm wrong. What should I do? I need some new bras Sad

Hoping for some opinions...share your stories about bra fitters too! I'd love to hear about them Smile

Yes she is crazy don't ever trust a fitter that deals you you just have to deal with a bad fit. I recommend checking out this thread http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=20393
Bands below 32 are hard to find but not impossible and bands under 26 can be in polish brands or larger bands can be altered down.
Evey bust deserves the perfect fit! Big Grin

Hi there lovedebbii!

Thanks for the reply! I've come across that thread before and it is a really, REALLY big help! Thank you! Smile

Just wondering though, I wear a 32C bra, and I cross the straps at the back so that it fits better...is that the right thing to do? My underbust is only around 26...

I have up buying off the rack I had ridiculous bras spent too much money! Now I'm enjoying a 34J when I used to wear a 42DD or 38DDD. A true bra fitter that cares will say I'm sorry I don't have anything that works for you but try this store or websites that carry other sizes, I like curvy kate personally! The offer small bands and large cups however I don't think they carry 26 band :-(

I just recently posted another thread about 'barely filling a B but I'm supposed to be a DD?" and the answer is...YES!

If you haven't already, please, please, please take some time to read through the website and use the measurement calculator on:
http://www.brasizecalculator.tk (sometimes the link doesn't want to load for me, so try it a few times if you have the same problem).

I've always worn a 34B because it was the only size that I even tried on in stores that looked like it fit. However, I've never felt comfortable in bras - the straps would always fall off my shoulder, I'd always have to readjust the cups throughout the day, and I couldn't wait to get home and take that sucker off. After watching the really awesome video posted in this section called 'Stop What You're Doing and Watch This' (which I also highly recommend), I came up with the measurement of 30DD.

Now, I really couldn't see how if I barely filled a B, I could really be a DD. I got some reassurances from the awesome people on this website, and I decided to order a bunch of bras from Nordstrom's online (since I've never seen a 30DD in any store). Just for comparison, I also ordered some 30D ones, which is the sister size to my 34B. (They have an AMAZING return policy and free shipping, so I know I can send anything back that doesn't work).

Wearing 34B bras always made me feel like I was kind of on the flat side. I have to tell you, putting on a bra with a correct size band felt revolutionary. The minute I put those new bras on, my posture improved without me consciously doing anything! All of a sudden, I could stand up straight, I felt this weight immediately lifted. My profile changed dramatically; when I look at myself sideways, I'm standing straighter, my bust is more prominent and my stomach is flatter (because I'm not hunching).

And what's more, to see myself 'slightly' too big in a 30D made me realize that I wasn't as flat as I'd been feeling (even though I would like to be a bit bigger and rounder). The straps no longer needed to be pulled up my shoulders, and there is nothing to adjust during the day.

Don't listen to that ignorant fitter who says you should settle for ill-fitting bras! You will have to order what you need online, but it's out there and it will make you feel sooooo much better!

(13-07-2014, 06:15 AM)TurtleMyrtle Wrote:  Hi there lovedebbii!

Thanks for the reply! I've come across that thread before and it is a really, REALLY big help! Thank you! Smile

Just wondering though, I wear a 32C bra, and I cross the straps at the back so that it fits better...is that the right thing to do? My underbust is only around 26...

No problem lovely Big Grin.

Lol I do that too with my one unpadded 32D. There's nothing wrong with doing that you can alter the band down too but it's tricky since it's a 6 inches bigger than what you actually need.

You'll be so much more comfortable with a smaller band. We are the lucky girls who had to fall at the end of the of the band spectrum but not to worry. Depending on how snug you like your bands and how much weight you have to carry you can easily get away with a 28 band or alter it down only 2 inches.

The tighter band does aid in breast tissue migration. Seeing as we all are trying to get out breast bigger, that is really helpful.

If you let me know your measured size. I'd be happy to give some recommendations Smile

Hi there bustybride and MoreBasil! Thanks for the wonderful replies! I'm so glad to be able to interact with people here Big Grin

Lovedebbii, I entered my measurements, and the bra calculator gave me this:
Estimated Bra Size: 26D/DD
Nearest Sister Sizes: 28C/D or 24DD/E

If I ever asked for a size like that in stores, the bra ladies would just stare at my chest, laugh at me and say "there's no way you're a D". WHICH IMO IS RUDE. Not to mention I've been body shamed by those bra fitters numerous times Angry
I've met a super kind bra lady in another shopping complex though Smile she was really knowledgeable, and even asked me to put on my shirt before showing how the bra fit! The rude and silly bra fitters just molested me for all they cared. Arrgh.

I used to wear sports bras because nothing fit, and after a while my mum was like "YOU SHOULD START WEARING PROPER BRAS" and handed me a few 32A bras. Now that I know more about bras from reading off the internet and also from this wonderful forum, the closest size I can ~kinda~ comfortably wear is a 32C Big Grin. Due to better fitting bras I think my breast tissue kinda...I don't know, grew? Or maybe they were in terrible places before I started getting to know all about NBE and proper bra fitting...

Any suggestions for altering bras? I'm afraid to buy online cause I'm not familiar with online bra shopping...

Breast shaming is the worst kind of body shaming in my opinion but don't let what these bra fitters are saying affect you because they just don't know any better
http://hourglassy.com/2011/08/leahs-seco...-bra-band/ easy alteration method
Buying online isn't as bad as it seems. If you have Amazon prime you can get free shipping and returns if the bra isn't right.
Based on your fit in 32C which is a sister size of 26E I'd recommend 26DD/E or 28D/DD so you should probably start of with 28D
Of the top of my head Brands that I have tried that seem to fit firm are Cleo by panache and the Cleo Jude is said to run a bit small in the cup so it would most likely fit you in a 28D
Bratabase.com also has tones of info on how a lot of bras fit if you do decide to venture into online bra shopping

Lovedebbii, thank you so much for all your help! You're such a lovely, helpful lady <3

I agree about the breast shaming! I've been really self conscious lately. Everyone teases me about my breast size! Which is why I ended up here. We'll show them! Tongue

The link on how to alter a bra band is super useful! Thank you so much! I think I should try that out first Big Grin. I'll totally shop online if I could! But for now I can't @_@. Bras I've seen online are so gorgeous though!!

One question though, what bra size would you recommend if I wanted to do some altering? How would a 34B bra fit if I altered it down?

Sorry about the bombardment of questions, I'm just so excited to learn from all you lovely ladies! And excuse my strange English, it's not my first language Blush

It's no problem sweetie Big Grin
And yes we will show them all! I've never had a problem with guys so I don't understand why most women feel the need to be rude towards other women about their bodies. The female body is like the most beautiful thing out there.

I'd recommend getting as close to the size you need as possible.
34B is meant for someone with overall larger measurements than 26E so complications with wire placement can occur. When the size is closer to the size you need then you don't have to mess with it as much.

I don't mind the questions at all I'm happy to answer what I can and research what I don't know. Boobs in bras are my thing Big Grin

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon