Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Mother of all Migraines from NBE?

Thumbs Down 

I got back a couple hours ago from the ER after having a horrific migraine since Wednesday afternoon July 9th, so three days. This sucker wouldn't respond to anything and they even had to load me up in the ER with all sorts of stuff til it was bearable. I've NEVER had one like that and I think it might be linked to NBE.

I started noogling in April and obviously that is fine.

Decided to try Ainterol PM in hopes of seeing some progress and began that Monday, June 30th, 1.5 weeks before headache. I read this can cause headaches after the headache started so my last dose was Wednesday night. I took exactly what the bottle said BUT I didn't work my way up to two pills, just started with one in the AM and one in the PM. Possibility?

Would any of these other things be a factor?
I started Pro-Gest Progesterone Cream on Wednesday night, July 2nd, 1 week before headache. As directed, dime sized morning and night.

I started muscle rub Sunday night, July 6th (I doubt that as I've used Ben Gay before but???), 3 days before headache.

I started Flax Seed oil Tuesday night, July 8th, night before headache. Would FSO cause a headache?

So as of Thursday all NBE stopped (not even noogling which I'm sure I can pick back up just wasn't in the mood with my head in the toilet). Can anyone help me pinpoint what the cause was and can I safely start adding back in some of my NBE? Is PM off my list now? I really want to give this a year before I look into breast implants and I'm POSITIVE NBE works, just have to find what works for me (without causing debilitating migraines).

Sorry to hear about your extreme migraine. I believe it might be from Ainterol PM. 1000mg is still a high dose in my opinion.

When you said you took pm according to the maximum dosage, twice, did you take twice the dosage in a day? How much flaxseed oil did you take? It could be too much of the wrong hormones per the wrong time of month, or it could be that vegetable oils or some herbs lower blood sugar. Take a break from it, then find a lower (fractional) amount to take.

Hi,
This happened to me 7 days ago on the start of my 11th cycle on PM. I woke up 4:00 a.m. on the most intense migraine I've ever had in any of my cycle. I got up and rubbed 1/8 tsp of progesterone ( I use Kokoro) on my temple, and more on my neck and back of neck. The migraine kept raging all throughout the morning, and I reapplied the progesterone cream again in the same areas: temple, front of neck, and back of neck. I attribute this to the sudden drop of progesterone in my body when my menses began. I stopped PM, and I didn't take it again until the 4th day, when the last vestiges of the migraine totally disappeared.

In the past, when I get migraine, or even when I just feel it coming, I apply progesterone cream in the temple/forehead area.

I had the inredibly nasty migraine, the type that my eyes got sensitive to the sun, my head was throbbing/exploding, and I felt nauseous and just wanted to bury my face in my pillow and totally darkened my room.

Hi Lissa,

Could be a few things, changes in hormones (estrogen & progesterone) causes a dip in serotonin resulting in blood vessels to swell. That swelling causes the "pain to the brain", (the migraines). Suggestion-cut back on the dosages to reduce the occurrence. I would also avoid applying directly to the temple, that's a sure fire way to produce a migraine.

Pushing the envelope will produce unwanted side effects. I feel your pain!!, I've been there too!. Good luck! Wink

For the PM I took one pill in the AM when I wake and one in the PM before bd.

Progesterone cream was a dime size amount rubbed into my breasts avouding the nipple. Whatever tiny bit remained I'd rub into my wrists.

For the FSO it is liquid that I honestly didn't measure and poured into my hand to massage my breasts with. A tablespoon at MOST.

I had Novasure endometrial ablation 3 years ago andhave not had a period since so I don't know when that time of the month is.

I'm scared WHAT to try.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon