Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

How to use PM with no period

My PM (Antirol) I ordered should be here tomorrow and I want the best results. 3 years ago after my last baby I got Novasure since I was having abnormally heavy periods. It is endometrial ablation which caused me to no longer have periods. Can I take it all month or cycle and how? I've been noogling for 2.5 months now without seeing improvement but I understand it takes a minimum of 4 months. I just had another friend get a boob job so I'm excited about this.

You can take it all month. For better results you can also use progesterone cream all month since the breasts need progesterone to be able to respond to estrogen. It may also be combined with unlimited fenugreek extract or shatavari extract to increase sensitivity, or anti-androgens to stop the testosterone that blocks estrogen activity. But it can't be used with many other herbs.

Or many women feel better if they try to cycle it anyway, even if they don't have a cycle. Or partly cycle, still taking it during the luteal phase but less. The way you can tell when your cycle is is to check your basal body temperature: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basal_body_temperature

(28-06-2014, 06:30 PM)surferjoe2007 Wrote:  You can take it all month. For better results you can also use progesterone cream all month since the breasts need progesterone to be able to respond to estrogen. It may also be combined with unlimited fenugreek extract or shatavari extract to increase sensitivity, or anti-androgens to stop the testosterone that blocks estrogen activity. But it can't be used with many other herbs.

Or many women feel better if they try to cycle it anyway, even if they don't have a cycle. Or partly cycle, still taking it during the luteal phase but less. The way you can tell when your cycle is is to check your basal body temperature: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basal_body_temperature

Oh yeah! I used BBT when I was TTC both times with great success. Thanks SurferJoe
I will have to look into progesterone cream. And the PM didn't show today like it was supposed to. BOO! I was looking forward to starting it.

So I just took that hormone questionaire and it is very clear I am Estrogen dominant (combo of 1 and 3 were a total of 9).
Symptoms Group 1 (Progesterone deficiency)= 4
Symptoms Group 2 (Estrogen deficiency)= 0
Symptoms Group 3 (Excess estrogen)= 5
Symptoms Group 4 (Estrogen dominance)= 9
Symptoms Group 5 (Excess androgens (male hormones))= 3
Symptoms Group 6 (Cortisol deficiency)= 2
Personally I would have thought I had excess androgens since I am 37 and STILL have acne (and have a very high sex drive since turning 30 which I find odd isn't one of the questions) but alas that wasn't the high group. I do plan on going to the doctor to get an actual test done, just have to schedule time off work as my Dr. and work are in opposite directions 40 minutes apart. Can't quite go on my lunch break. I am going to read up on using PM with estrogen dominance and obviously I could benefit from progesterone cream. What about bovine ovary? I need to do more reading. UGH
Still Noogling though.
[/font]

A quick google says bovine ovary provides mostly estrogen with a little progesterone. And since it's real estrogen that seems to me like it would increase breast cancer risk (even human estrogen does), whereas studies on herbs show the opposite somehow. But ya BO probably isn't good for estrogen dominance anyway. PM isn't either, but I think if you get enough progesterone cream then you could use PM.

(29-06-2014, 11:56 PM)surferjoe2007 Wrote:  if you get enough progesterone cream then you could use PM.

Holy makinoley! Why is it so frigging hard to get peogesterone cream in California??? Will Wild Yam Cream suffice?

Try Amazon.

Wild Yam cream is not the same thing.

LissaMac,
I get my Progesterone from Amazon, as surferjoe suggested. I used Dr. Lee's suggestions on products containing the recommended concentrations & Progesta Care (from Life Flo) was 1 of them.
surferjoe,
A question for you: You said PM & PG can be used all month if you have no cycles. I didn't have periods til I stopped both at 1 point to do a liver cleanse. Then I got a menstrual period like the old days. So the past few months, I've stopped both for a week & had regular periods. Is this a good thing at age 64? If so, how would I know which is the luteal phase since the PM & PG are dictating the periods & not my own hormones? Or should I forget about cycling altogether? I just thought I needed a break from the PM & PG since I seemed to have stalled in growing.

I didn't know that was possible to start up again after menopause. May want to ask a doctor about what's going on there in general, and figure out whether or not it's a good thing to try to keep.

Thanks surferjoe. I go to a female internist & at one point I asked her about PM causing headaches - it's a long story but I thought I was getting HA's from PM but as it turned, after CT scans & pain meds, it turned out I needed new glasses!!!! Anyway, she said she didn't know anything about PM but to stop it cause it wasn't "regulated" (in ref. to my headaches). So I doubt she'll know anything about how PM is related to NBE.
I think I'll just not cycle it anymore. I wish there were more postmenopausal women who I could compare my experiences with.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon