Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

your love story

i love hearing romantic stories =)

if you aren't shy to post yours , how did you meet with your other SO, what were the challenges ? are you married

Smile just another topic to spend my time

Oh lord. Sit down kids, this is gonna be a long one. lol.

When I was 15 I used to go into Wal-Mart with my mom and, like a lot of girls from the area, would totally stalk this guy who worked in the electronics department. He was gorgeous... I mean we are talking the dark featured artsy type who wore thick-rimmed glasses and had this dark brown swoopy hair. Of course I never struck up a conversation with him... I mean, are you kidding me? He was older and, like, totally hot. I would just watch him while I pretended to browse the CDs and occasionally try to sneak a pic with my flip phone to send to my friends who also basically stalked the poor guy. One day my mom asked what I was doing and I jokingly responded "oh you know just going to see my future husband."

Fast-forward two years. I'm 17 and hopelessly "in love" with a complete dickhead. My older brother is your writer/artist kinda guy and always has really cool friends who he introduces me too because despite our 8 year age difference we are extremely close. He gets a new roommate and invites me over to hang out. I say sure and tell him my boyfriend and I are headed over. My brother informs me that my boyfriend is in fact not invited via text message and my boyfriend goes through my phone and sees the text, gets pissed, and forbids me from going over there. From then on whenever I got mad at my boyfriend (which was often) and I was around my brother I would sarcastically ask how my husband aka his roommate was doing. This was to not only make myself feel better about my wreck of a relationship but also to freak my brother out who is very protective.

I turn 18 and graduate, trotting off to college and leaving my shitty boyfriend in the dust... I wish. Actually it was a very messy break-up, but I digress.... At this point I am bitter and determined that I wouldn't date anyone in the next ten years. One day I am lying on my friend's bed complaining about my ex and she takes it upon herself to get on my facebook and add cute guys to lift my spirits. She adds a few, then tells me "I am adding this guy I used to have the biggest crush on... he worked at Wal-Mart a few years ago." I go over to the computer and it was definitely the artsy stranger I used to stalk. lol. Then I check out his profile and realize his name sounds familiar and call my brother. Turns out not only is this guy hot electronics dude, but he is also my brother's old roommate I was supposed to have met. We briefly chat on messenger but I decide he is way out of my league and make an excuse to sign off.

A few nights later my brother calls and invites me to the movies with "a few friends". I say sure and get off work and head straight to meet him... looking a hot ass mess. No makeup, work-out pants (I worked reception at a gym), somewhat sweaty. Who does my brother walk up with? None other than the hunky electronics guy. I am briefly embarrassed but decide, eh, he's probably got a girlfriend anyways besides I will probably be adopted into a little sister role with him as I am with all my brother's friends anyways and I brush it off. I do, however, throw on some jeans. We head to pick up another one of my bro's friends and electronics guy, who I now know as Zach, gets in the backseat with me.

"So what movie do you want to see?"

Me: *shrugs* I don't really care. *looks out window*

Inside I am kinda panicking because I am socially awkward and this really attractive person is actually trying to strike up conversation with me. Again I tell myself that he is at least seven years older than me and there is no way he would be interested. We get to the theater and my brother goes to the bathroom so me, Zach, and this other guy go look for seats. The theater is pretty empty so we sit in a deserted row. The seating arrangement went something like empty seat, other friend, empty seat, me, whole row of empty seats. Zach sits right beside me. I am a nervous wreck at this point lol. My older brother comes back and MAKES HIM MOVE TO THE END OF THE ROW. I was so mad! There was another empty seat right beside me. When Zach moved I quietly vow to my brother that I was going to chew on Zach's beard since he had betrayed me. My brother just looks uncomfortable. Apparently at that point he had realized something I hadn't.

The movie ends and we go to drop our friend off. Zach stays in the back with me. I think to myself that maybe he was just too tired to switch seats. A few seconds pass and my brother suddenly hits his brakes in the middle of the road, turns around in the seat and says "Hey man, aren't you gonna move up here?!" My face turns bright red. Zach gets in the front seat and they take me home.

A few nights go by and I am bored in my room browsing through facebook when my instant messanger pings. It's Zach. I literally squeal. We chat back and forth for a while with me trying to be as smooth as possible. This starts a routine where we start chatting every night for a little while every night for a week. One night before signing off he says "I am gonna hop off here, but you should text me. My number is..." I shoot him a text so he can save my number. This starts yet another round of conversation and I tell him I have to go to bed since I had to be up at 5:30 to drive to my classes. The next morning I wake up and my phone lights up with a text from him! He had woken up just to tell me good morning.

Pretty soon we make plans to hang out just the two of us. I nearly threw up my skeleton when I went to meet him. Our first date was pretty non-traditional. We walked around a tiny town and went antique shopping. Then we ended up under this huge old tree where he used the line "hey doesn't that limb look sort of like a lion?" as an excuse to put his arm around me. We spent the next four hours just talking while we sat under the tree with me leaned up against his chest.

We became "official" a month later... two weeks after that he informed me that we were going to get married. Three years later and we actually did get married!

So that is the extremely long story of how we got together. Lol.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(15-06-2014, 09:56 PM)echapman Wrote:  Oh lord. Sit down kids, this is gonna be a long one. lol.

When I was 15 I used to go into Wal-Mart with my mom and, like a lot of girls from the area, would totally stalk this guy who worked in the electronics department. He was gorgeous... I mean we are talking the dark featured artsy type who wore thick-rimmed glasses and had this dark brown swoopy hair. Of course I never struck up a conversation with him... I mean, are you kidding me? He was older and, like, totally hot. I would just watch him while I pretended to browse the CDs and occasionally try to sneak a pic with my flip phone to send to my friends who also basically stalked the poor guy. One day my mom asked what I was doing and I jokingly responded "oh you know just going to see my future husband."

Fast-forward two years. I'm 17 and hopelessly "in love" with a complete dickhead. My older brother is your writer/artist kinda guy and always has really cool friends who he introduces me too because despite our 8 year age difference we are extremely close. He gets a new roommate and invites me over to hang out. I say sure and tell him my boyfriend and I are headed over. My brother informs me that my boyfriend is in fact not invited via text message and my boyfriend goes through my phone and sees the text, gets pissed, and forbids me from going over there. From then on whenever I got mad at my boyfriend (which was often) and I was around my brother I would sarcastically ask how my husband aka his roommate was doing. This was to not only make myself feel better about my wreck of a relationship but also to freak my brother out who is very protective.

I turn 18 and graduate, trotting off to college and leaving my shitty boyfriend in the dust... I wish. Actually it was a very messy break-up, but I digress.... At this point I am bitter and determined that I wouldn't date anyone in the next ten years. One day I am lying on my friend's bed complaining about my ex and she takes it upon herself to get on my facebook and add cute guys to lift my spirits. She adds a few, then tells me "I am adding this guy I used to have the biggest crush on... he worked at Wal-Mart a few years ago." I go over to the computer and it was definitely the artsy stranger I used to stalk. lol. Then I check out his profile and realize his name sounds familiar and call my brother. Turns out not only is this guy hot electronics dude, but he is also my brother's old roommate I was supposed to have met. We briefly chat on messenger but I decide he is way out of my league and make an excuse to sign off.

A few nights later my brother calls and invites me to the movies with "a few friends". I say sure and get off work and head straight to meet him... looking a hot ass mess. No makeup, work-out pants (I worked reception at a gym), somewhat sweaty. Who does my brother walk up with? None other than the hunky electronics guy. I am briefly embarrassed but decide, eh, he's probably got a girlfriend anyways besides I will probably be adopted into a little sister role with him as I am with all my brother's friends anyways and I brush it off. I do, however, throw on some jeans. We head to pick up another one of my bro's friends and electronics guy, who I now know as Zach, gets in the backseat with me.

"So what movie do you want to see?"

Me: *shrugs* I don't really care. *looks out window*

Inside I am kinda panicking because I am socially awkward and this really attractive person is actually trying to strike up conversation with me. Again I tell myself that he is at least seven years older than me and there is no way he would be interested. We get to the theater and my brother goes to the bathroom so me, Zach, and this other guy go look for seats. The theater is pretty empty so we sit in a deserted row. The seating arrangement went something like empty seat, other friend, empty seat, me, whole row of empty seats. Zach sits right beside me. I am a nervous wreck at this point lol. My older brother comes back and MAKES HIM MOVE TO THE END OF THE ROW. I was so mad! There was another empty seat right beside me. When Zach moved I quietly vow to my brother that I was going to chew on Zach's beard since he had betrayed me. My brother just looks uncomfortable. Apparently at that point he had realized something I hadn't.

The movie ends and we go to drop our friend off. Zach stays in the back with me. I think to myself that maybe he was just too tired to switch seats. A few seconds pass and my brother suddenly hits his brakes in the middle of the road, turns around in the seat and says "Hey man, aren't you gonna move up here?!" My face turns bright red. Zach gets in the front seat and they take me home.

A few nights go by and I am bored in my room browsing through facebook when my instant messanger pings. It's Zach. I literally squeal. We chat back and forth for a while with me trying to be as smooth as possible. This starts a routine where we start chatting every night for a little while every night for a week. One night before signing off he says "I am gonna hop off here, but you should text me. My number is..." I shoot him a text so he can save my number. This starts yet another round of conversation and I tell him I have to go to bed since I had to be up at 5:30 to drive to my classes. The next morning I wake up and my phone lights up with a text from him! He had woken up just to tell me good morning.

Pretty soon we make plans to hang out just the two of us. I nearly threw up my skeleton when I went to meet him. Our first date was pretty non-traditional. We walked around a tiny town and went antique shopping. Then we ended up under this huge old tree where he used the line "hey doesn't that limb look sort of like a lion?" as an excuse to put his arm around me. We spent the next four hours just talking while we sat under the tree with me leaned up against his chest.

We became "official" a month later... two weeks after that he informed me that we were going to get married. Three years later and we actually did get married!

So that is the extremely long story of how we got together. Lol.

Oh my goodness, that's too cute! And you make a very attractive couple, that first pic could be a magazine ad <3

echapman, that is soooo cute. Awww, what a nice couple you are. Smile

Awh thanks Smile the first pic is from our engagement pics. I'm pretty proud of them. Smile oh and here is one from our wedding day. We had it in my aunt's back yard. My parents watched and my brother played acoustic guitar. My cousin married us under a tree with hanging mason jar candles on it and I only had one bridesmaid who was my other cousin. It was very sweet and intimate and after the rest of our family and friends came and we ate barbecue and drank moonshine and danced.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

AWWWWWWWWWWWW

I CANT STOP AWING. THIS IS TOOO CUTE

ALRIGHT, NOW THAT I STOPPED AWWING, I CAN WRITE MY PHILOSOPHICAL THOUGHTS.

first of all, thank you for sharing this amazing story. God works in mysterious ways. You were supposed to meet since he was your brother's roommate ,but didn't and then ended up meeting somehow in a way.

This is a sign from god (i strongly believe in god/the divine energy/destiny or whatever is called ) , that when something is MEANT to be, it WILL happen, no matter what.
You were an example of that =)

thanks for sharing
Smile

looking forward for more stories

(15-06-2014, 11:15 PM)echapman Wrote:  Awh thanks Smile the first pic is from our engagement pics. I'm pretty proud of them. Smile oh and here is one from our wedding day. We had it in my aunt's back yard. My parents watched and my brother played acoustic guitar. My cousin married us under a tree with hanging mason jar candles on it and I only had one bridesmaid who was my other cousin. It was very sweet and intimate and after the rest of our family and friends came and we ate barbecue and drank moonshine and danced.

I cried. I'm so happy for you! The story and the pics were just too much for my fragile emotions lol.

(15-06-2014, 09:56 PM)echapman Wrote:  So that is the extremely long story of how we got together. Lol.
Wow, Emily, you are SOOOO cute!!!! :-)

(16-06-2014, 05:19 AM)Missed Miss Wrote:  
(15-06-2014, 09:56 PM)echapman Wrote:  So that is the extremely long story of how we got together. Lol.
Wow, Emily, you are SOOOO cute!!!! :-)

i agree! both of you look so good together!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon