Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

* I NEED TO RANT* (sorry)

Thumbs Down 

I've always been a huge advocate for loving your body regardless of size. I always try to push all negative thoughts aside and move on forward because I LOVE MY BODY and MYSELF. My weight and body shape does not define who I am.

However despite this confidence I have worked so hard to build up, I (like every single person) have my moments of insecurity and low self-esteem and certain comments made by strangers or even the people I love seem to bring me down.

I'm naturally skinny. I eat what I want, I don't starve myself, and I'm beautiful.
So why is it ok for some girls to love their "curves", but not ok for me to love my "bones"?
Why is it okay for them to call me anorexic but horrible for me to call them a fat ass?
If they can tell me to "gain weight", why can't I tell them to lose some?
If they can tell me to "eat something", why can't I tell them to skip a meal?
Actually, neither of them is okay. Do you know why? Because if its not your life, you need to mind your own god damned business. I don't care what you do to your body, its none of my business as long as its not harming you. Comments about my weight weren't sought out, and they aren't welcomed.
Get. Over. It.
Everyone is fighting a silent battle which you will not always know about, which is why we should be mindful of what we say. Just because you don't mean to sound offensive or critical don't assume people won't take it that way. If you must comment on some one's body... compliment them. Encourage them, and help them.

*END RANT*
Sorry for offending anyone!

undefined

undefined

Well your body doesn't look unhealthy you have a nice figure.
I think its easier for nbe if your bmi is at least healthy or a few extra lbs but that's all if it makes you feel better I'm sure fat people are generally made fun of much more than thin people.

I totally agree with you. For as long as I can remember I've been called a stick or skin and bones and people have felt that it's their right to tell me to eat.
It annoys me to no end how it's not okay to tell a person that they can stand to lose some weight is frowned upon but telling a person that they look anorexic is okay.
Saying something negative about someone else's body is never okay.
I've come to learn that the most important thing is to be healthy and anyone who feels that they have to say something negative about another person probably doesn't feel very good about themselves to begin with.
You can't make anyone love you but you can make yourself love you and thats all that matters.

(15-06-2014, 05:55 PM)onitap Wrote:  I've always been a huge advocate for loving your body regardless of size. I always try to push all negative thoughts aside and move on forward because I LOVE MY BODY and MYSELF. My weight and body shape does not define who I am.

However despite this confidence I have worked so hard to build up, I (like every single person) have my moments of insecurity and low self-esteem and certain comments made by strangers or even the people I love seem to bring me down.

I'm naturally skinny. I eat what I want, I don't starve myself, and I'm beautiful.
So why is it ok for some girls to love their "curves", but not ok for me to love my "bones"?
Why is it okay for them to call me anorexic but horrible for me to call them a fat ass?
Actually, neither of them is okay. Do you know why? Because if its not your life, you need to mind your own god damned business. I don't care what you do to your body, its none of my business as long as its not harming you. Comments about my weight weren't sought out, and they aren't welcomed.
Get. Over. It.
Everyone is fighting a silent battle which you will not always know about, which is why we should be mindful of what we say. Just because you don't mean to sound offensive or critical don't assume people won't take it that way. If you must comment on some one's body... compliment them. Encourage them, and help them.

*END RANT*

Rants are good! I had that my whole life, coming from a family of "bigger" women then heres me little stick insect in comparison. From friends too, all I ever heard was "oh your such a skinny ....h"

People think they are funny when they say it too and we have to sit back and fake laugh along with them. I only wish over the years id had the courage to turn around and say something back but I think I always knew they weren't happy with themselves which is why they always passed comment on my weight or boobs. I came out better for it and got what I want out of life but these comments do haunt you and for all the time they made you miserable you resent the people who said them too you.

Sorry ok My rant over but I feel you Smile

(15-06-2014, 07:33 PM)lovedebbii Wrote:  I totally agree with you. For as long as I can remember I've been called a stick or skin and bones and people have felt that it's their right to tell me to eat.
It annoys me to no end how it's not okay to tell a person that they can stand to lose some weight is frowned upon but telling a person that they look anorexic is okay.
I've come to learn that the most important thing is to be healthy and anyone who feels that they have to say something negative about another person probably doesn't feel very good about themselves to begin with.
You can't make anyone love you but you can make yourself love you and thats all that matters.

The difference is they were just commenting out of jealousy to you Debbi your beautiful nobody could say anything bad on your looks seriously, your petite but curvy not too skinny.
I think when people say it about you girls more often than not they are envy you when people insult fat people they really mean that its ugly to them yes its mean but most people don't want to be fat its just takes effort to keep in shape for most so your lucky I'm kinda chubby but my figures curvy I'm sure a lot of people find my body attractive but some people might think I was too big probably women though because skinny is more fashionable.

(15-06-2014, 05:55 PM)onitap Wrote:  I've always been a huge advocate for loving your body regardless of size. I always try to push all negative thoughts aside and move on forward because I LOVE MY BODY and MYSELF. My weight and body shape does not define who I am.

Get. Over. It.

*END RANT*

Rants are good! I had that my whole life, coming from a family of "bigger" women then heres me little stick insect in comparison. From friends too, all I ever heard was "oh your such a skinny ....h"

People think they are funny when they say it too and we have to sit back and fake laugh along with them. I only wish over the years id had the courage to turn around and say something back but I think I always knew they weren't happy with themselves which is why they always passed comment on my weight or boobs. I came out better for it and got what I want out of life but these comments do haunt you and for all the time they made you miserable you resent the people who said them too you.

Sorry ok My rant over but I feel you Smile

Next time someone says something about being skinny just say "Well actually there aint nothing wrong with my body thank you very much!" and walk away!

(15-06-2014, 07:33 PM)lovedebbii Wrote:  I totally agree with you. For as long as I can remember I've been called a stick or skin and bones and people have felt that it's their right to tell me to eat.

i love you

to the OP , you speak my mind. YOU SPEAK MY MIND. yesterday , i've been called anorexic by a lady, and then i was gonna call her obese back, but i controlled myself.

85 lbs , thin, tall , healthy and proud !

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon