Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

nature's answer pueraria

(04-10-2014, 03:36 AM)pom19 Wrote:  Well, too much of anything is not good.

Vitamin B 12 Side Effects:
(http://vitamins.lovetoknow.com/Vitamin_B...de_Effects)

Experiencing vitamin B 12 side effects can be rare; however, they do occur. Vitamin B 12 delivered through tablets or sublingual supplements will have fewer potential side effects than vitamin B 12 injections. The following side effects have been noted in both oral supplementation and injections of vitamin B12 unless otherwise noted. The most common side effects of vitamin B 12 supplementation include:

Allergic reactions to preservatives in the preparation for the injection
Mild diarrhea
Anxiety
Panic attacks
Heart palpitations
Insomnia
Breathing problems
Chest pain
Rash and/or hives
Itchy skin
Heartburn
Vomiting
Back pain
Rhinitis (stuffy nose)
In extremely rare cases, the following side effects have been noted:

Congestive heart failure
Pulmonary edema
Peripheral vascular thrombosis (blood clots in the arms and legs)
Folliculitis
Inflammatory acne
Anaphylaxis (most likely related to preservatives used in vitamin B 12 injections)

Eek who knew... its like reading the side effects lists from prescription medicines! At least every one ive been asked to take...

Like me with maca. Just one of the few who reacted badly to the average persons lower than normal dosage. Gotta be careful if you are having multis and double or triple dosing up on vitamens unknowingly. Gotta b careful.

Well, I did not mention that I was actually one of those who did get side effect from Nature's answer PM. I found out after finding out that it has about 8333% of RDA of B12 which is about 83 times!!! I developed skin rashes, and after a week of stopping it it all disappeared. It really was scary, since I am very healthy and have always had a good and clear skin, even during my puberty. So, it was tough to see for the first time in my life to have such rashes. I had some hives in past as a result of food allergy, but nothing like that. Oh, well, it apparently does not happen to everyone. Again, I have a very sensitive body and skin, of course on the good side though.

(04-10-2014, 03:52 AM)pom19 Wrote:  Well, I did not mention that I was actually one of those who did get side effect from Nature's answer PM. I found out after finding out that it has about 8333% of RDA of B12 which is about 83 times!!! I developed skin rashes, and after a week of stopping it it all disappeared. It really was scary, since I am very healthy and have always had a good and clear skin, even during my puberty. So, it was tough to see for the first time in my life to have such rashes. I had some hives in past as a result of food allergy, but nothing like that. Oh, well, it apparently does not happen to everyone. Again, I have a very sensitive body and skin, of course on the good side though.

The B12 RDA (2.4 mcg) is 50% absorbed, while 500 mcg is 0.5% absorbed, so the effective difference is (500 * 0.005)/(2.4 * 0.5) = just a factor of 2, not 83. (That 83 assumes an RDA of 6 mcg, which is a common error that the more clueless supplement companies make.) Furthermore, B12's half-life in the body is a year or more, so a week wouldn't have been long enough to clear it. I think you were probably reacting to the DIM. Google diindolylmethane and rash to see what I mean.

That is what I was thinking....... DIM

DIM is mentioned in one of the glossaries:
(11-01-2011, 02:38 AM)Nyx Wrote:  
(25-04-2010, 08:15 PM)Linda_K Wrote:  What is DIM?
DIM is Diindolylmethane. It is an anticarcinogen and also improves estrogen metabolism.
- http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=1959&pid=22137#pid22137

This action needs to be confirmed.

Apologies to OP, this is off topic,

The study below confirms that DIM inhibits DHT, honestly, I forgot about DIM being an anti-androgen. Some results are mixed on the side effetcs of DIM, (SO MAKE SURE YOU DO THE RESEARCH), Although you can find a jack pot of info on THE BREASTNEXUS SEARCH OPTION.

results verified that the activity of the chimeric receptor construct in the presence of DHT and DIM was similar to activity of the simple pCMV-AR-derived receptor (data not shown). These results show that DIM both inhibits the nuclear translocation of the liganded AR and prevents the formation of nuclear AR foci.

Structural Modeling of DIM Binding to the AR and Comparison with DHT, R1881, and Casodex—Because DIM is a strong antagonist of AR function but exhibits less than obvious structural similarity to the endogenous AR ligand, DHT, we compared the structure of DIM to DHT and other AR ligands.

These results indicate that DIM might mediate an early block in androgen action, including the inhibition of heat shock protein dissociation from the AR and/or a masking of the nuclear translocation signal.
http://www.jbc.org/content/278/23/21136.full

credit monika 12/2013 for the link.

Same study
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12665...t=Abstract

Health Benefits of Diindolylmethane (Estrogen Metabolism)
http://altmedicine.about.com/od/herbsupp...ethane.htm

Quote"

results verified that the activity of the chimeric receptor construct in the presence of DHT and DIM was similar to activity of the simple pCMV-AR-derived receptor (data not shown). These results show that DIM both inhibits the nuclear translocation of the liganded AR and prevents the formation of nuclear AR foci.

Structural Modeling of DIM Binding to the AR and Comparison with DHT, R1881, and Casodex—Because DIM is a strong antagonist of AR function but exhibits less than obvious structural similarity to the endogenous AR ligand, DHT, we compared the structure of DIM to DHT and other AR ligands.
End Quote"

HUH?????????? What the H*LL us linganded AR, sounds like what a zombie catches while engaging a hooker. And foci, sounds like a new Italian bread dough.... Sorry, I am not a 5th yr Chemistry major only High School..... LOL sheesh. Could you translate please? Or someone?

These results indicate that DIM might mediate an early block in androgen action, including the inhibition of heat shock protein dissociation from the AR and/or a masking of the nuclear translocation signal.
http://www.jbc.org/content/278/23/21136.full

All- I am surprised that anybody even read my post. I must have spent 20 or 30 hours trying to sort through real information and segregate it from hype. I put my post out mostly to help people navigate an arena where manufacturers don't put the information out to make informed choices., or put out information in a form that needs work I wanted to commend, at some level, those who do. The fact that Ainterol knows its active ingredient content, but declines to provide it is terribly unfortunate. If they really were stronger than .004% active, I would swallow the entire bottle.
I do concur with those who wonder why you would put so much b-12 in a tablet. I don't see why that would help menopausal women, to who Solgar and Nature's Answer are directed It is true that if you are b-12 deficient (I happen to be drastically deficient) you might feel better, I don't see the reason why this needs to be in this supplement.
Originally, I had been excited that Nature's Bounty had DIM in it. Saves a pill, if you will. Lotus, you had posted information on DIM, which caused me to research its anti-androgen effect. After the 2003 paper, providing an unsubstantiated conclusion, a number of other research labs looked at DIM. DiM is from things like broccoli, perceived to be wonderful for you, so the thought it might be an anti androgen was pure heaven. Subsequent research (one of the tricks in doing your own research is that scientists STRONGLY prefer using the official form of a chemical substance) is less clear. For males, DIM appears to lower overall testosterone, but raise Free testosterone. For Women, it appears to change female hormone balance. Personally, I find a supplement that works to help both female and male hormone balance a bit hard to believe. But take a look at the testosterone mad men out there, they take this stuff to increase free T.
If DIM turns out not to be an anti androgen, you are left with few choices. I can personally vouch for licorice root as destroying T (no effect from PM, but the effect on male function from L is dramatic, as WebMd would suggest), SP appears to be ineffective, Red Reishi is poorly studied.
And then there is the issue of aromatase promoters. There is no obvious choice for this function.
Christine

I know aspirin is suppose to be safe.... Then about 15 yrs ago doctor's suggest NOT giving it to infants for fever...... Before that everyone thought you could eat like candy. Now everyone knows that it can cause liver damage, stomach ulcer's and who knows what else.
I am of a mind that since science has turned up their collective nose's in favor of hard core pharma...... Many herbs can cause a calamity with the same scenario as with aspirin usage was just a decade or two ago. IF phyto estrogens do work, (which a lot of peeps here believe including myself) then the same care should be used. Maybe not to the same degree of dosage rates, but same outcome and worries....

When a girl hits puberty, it usually takes at least 3 yrs to grow close to women's breast. And yet many here are trying to grow them in 6 months to one year and mega dosing on everything. If 1500 milligrams of PM equal the effectiveness 4mg of estriol.... Then for God's sake why do 3000 - 4000 mg of PM?? No wonder they have estrogen headaches.... LOL

I believe you are just asking for trouble if you take, eat or drink more than what is needed for the task. Be it eating to live, or drinking to tie one on... There is alcohol poisoning ya know.... LOL. Not to mention obesity to the point of diabetes and heart problems.

Just saying

As far as posting and not getting an answer. I have one here http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=21869. It a valid request for help. I have read this forum back to front.... Many conflicts on suggestions on what combo of herbs to use. The info in some areas you need to be a bio-chemist to understand. Hehehehe so, I am like you. Wondering when if ever someone will give me some guidance.

AR is Androgen Receptor.
The known ingredient of Kudzu or Pueraria M. is Puerarian. If there are more, they're not well known for their effectiveness.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon