Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

afraid of taking herbs

(20-05-2014, 03:14 PM)prettylily Wrote:  
(20-05-2014, 07:33 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  Whats the science behind PM and blood clots?

It acts as an estrogen which, especially in higher doses, thickens the blood. You see the same effect with some birth control. There was a thread about it; I'll see if I can find it.

http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=20182

I take warfarin, and therefore have regular INR tests to monitor the level of clotting risk. I have never detected that PM dosage or its absence has any effect on INR.

It doesn't seem to be a common complaint as far as I've seen. But it's a possibility.

Side effects are scarry.... I'm on tumor medication that causes raymunds syndrome.... blood draining your of your fingers... and extreme compulsions and obsessions... like crossdressing! lol. but nothing like blood clots..... that's why I like breast pumping.... as long as you keep the pressure down... no side effects....

(20-05-2014, 03:14 PM)prettylily Wrote:  
(20-05-2014, 07:33 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  Whats the science behind PM and blood clots?

It acts as an estrogen which, especially in higher doses, thickens the blood. You see the same effect with some birth control. There was a thread about it; I'll see if I can find it.

http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=20182

Thanks prettylilly. Well that really pushes home the importance of getting hormones checked before introducing herbs such as this. Thank you Smile This is very duely noted!

(20-05-2014, 05:12 PM)Karren Wrote:  Side effects are scarry.... I'm on tumor medication that causes raymunds syndrome.... blood draining your of your fingers... and extreme compulsions and obsessions... like crossdressing! lol. but nothing like blood clots..... that's why I like breast pumping.... as long as you keep the pressure down... no side effects....

Karen does the raymunds cause blood draining all the time or just in the extremeties of cold? I ask as in winter now this can happen to me, I can have one if not all fingers if its cold enough the blood drains right out of them and im left with cold numb fingers. It comes back relatively quickly when i warm them up but its an aweful experience

(20-05-2014, 07:40 PM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  
(20-05-2014, 05:12 PM)Karren Wrote:  Side effects are scarry.... I'm on tumor medication that causes raymunds syndrome.... blood draining your of your fingers... and extreme compulsions and obsessions... like crossdressing! lol. but nothing like blood clots..... that's why I like breast pumping.... as long as you keep the pressure down... no side effects....

Karen does the raymunds cause blood draining all the time or just in the extremeties of cold? I ask as in winter now this can happen to me, I can have one if not all fingers if its cold enough the blood drains right out of them and im left with cold numb fingers. It comes back relatively quickly when i warm them up but its an aweful experience

I've had Raynaud's syndrome for the past few years, caused or triggered I think by peripheral neuropathy. Recently it has occurred less often and with less severity, coincidentally(?) during the period I have been taking fairly large doses of PM. For me, it doesn't necessarily need cold to trigger it. My step daughter also suffers from it quite severely. I have also had problems during winter with split heels, but this last winter the heel splits were quite minor, but I have suffered a latge number of splits on my thumb and finger tips and my knuckles. I don't know whether this has anything to do with NBE. Lavish use of moisturizers helps, but only reduces rather than prevents.

(21-05-2014, 12:45 AM)AnnieBL Wrote:  

I've had Raynaud's syndrome for the past few years, caused or triggered I think by peripheral neuropathy. Recently it has occurred less often and with less severity, coincidentally(?) during the period I have been taking fairly large doses of PM. For me, it doesn't necessarily need cold to trigger it. My step daughter also suffers from it quite severely. I have also had problems during winter with split heels, but this last winter the heel splits were quite minor, but I have suffered a latge number of splits on my thumb and finger tips and my knuckles. I don't know whether this has anything to do with NBE. Lavish use of moisturizers helps, but only reduces rather than prevents.

Thanks annibel.
Sounds horrid. I suspect circulation plays a part if not the cause for my fingers.
I need more meat on my skinny bones Dodgy

I have re-aquired my taste for chocolate ice cream however... roll on a few pounds to keep me warm over winter Rolleyes

When you're afraid of taking herbs because of the side effects, why don't you try to massage and noogle instead? Huh
And eat some right foods ?

(21-05-2014, 12:53 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  
(21-05-2014, 12:45 AM)AnnieBL Wrote:  

Thanks annibel.
Sounds horrid. I suspect circulation plays a part if not the cause for my fingers.
I need more meat on my skinny bones Dodgy

I have re-aquired my taste for chocolate ice cream however... roll on a few pounds to keep me warm over winter Rolleyes

Yes.. cold related. if i touch somethimg cold....one or more finger will just go white... its a nerve thing. closes all the capillaries ... high correlation between those who take Bromocriptine also have Raynauds....

(21-05-2014, 08:13 AM)uhuccup Wrote:  When you're afraid of taking herbs because of the side effects, why don't you try to massage and noogle instead? Huh
And eat some right foods ?

I did massage but i see no results.

Im ordering the noogeberry soon

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon