Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Help a noob??

Hello ladies and gents.
I'm a little new to NBE. I've done some research and learned a few things a long the way. But I'm not sure what will work best for me? Here is what I know so far.
I'm estrogen dominant so I was told to use PC & fenugreek.
I do massages and pump 30 minutes each breast every day.
I'm so flat chest I honestly don't need a bra. Like AAA. My nipples are bigger than the actual breast. I do in fact gain weight but it's every where else on my body, not my breasts Sad
So based on this info what else should I take or do? Any routines you recommend.
Also I added saw palmetto to my supplements.
I take 6 640mg fenugreek pills a day. I use half a tea spoon of PC twice a day. And have started taking 4 pills of SP 410 MG. I use baby oil to do massages and an Asian brand pump. May change though since I don't have much choices with it.

Thank you everyone! Also sorry if this was posted in the wrong forum.

Hi and welcome,

you wrote that you are estrogen dominant. Did you do a hormone test?

Do you use PC throughout your cycle or only in luteal phase?

When did you start your program?

(20-05-2014, 03:25 AM)peggy Wrote:  Hi and welcome,

you wrote that you are estrogen dominant. Did you do a hormone test?

Do you use PC throughout your cycle or only in luteal phase?

When did you start your program?

Hello. Yes I did a test and I am dominant in estrogen. I started about 2 months ago. I use the PC for 21 days then stop for 7 as the bottle says. I am getting bad acne though and I am not sure what is the cause.

You should take PC only for 2 weeks after ovulation until your period and not for 3 weeks.

Maybe you take too much of PC and some of it is being turned into androgens. Huh

Make sure your saw palmetto is saw palmetto extract, which is way stronger. Saw palmetto is good for stopping androgens, particularly those that lead to acne.

Fish oil is good for stopping acne and for good skin in general in the long run, but it increases androgens in the short run which might temporarily make things worse. Besides interfering with NBE. Lowering the androgens should probably come first.

Hops seems to have many of the properties to influence all of the hormones for BE. Asparagus might increase prolactin, which is also helpful. I didn't see a use for saw palmetto, which lowers prolactin, which may help shorten the luteal phase. Add hops and asparagus to your luteal phase, at least until menstruation happens. Don't necessarily go by dates, because a cycle can range, and a longer luteal phase may allow more growth.

Hops:
reduces FSH and LH (fsh causes egg release)
It also increases prolactin, and affects the cycle.
reduces hot flashes
increases mammary cell activity

Nettle root is good for reducing estrogen. I just started taking it last week and saw some changes (I am also estrogen-dominant right now); however, it is too soon to say much on it.
I am going to be taking it the last two weeks of my cycle before my period.

Thank you everyone for your comments!
Based on what most of you said I should split it all up and use it during certain phases. If I stop using PC until my next phase will that have any bad affects on me? Also should I take fenugreek still? And continue taking it everyday or during certain phase? I also use "Spring Valley Whole Herb Supplements". Are those good brand or should I try another? I try not to buy online cause some people lie about ingredients. Local store had that brand mostly.

Also does anyone know of good massages that do work? I do normal massage and little pump. So I don't know if it is doing much either.

Thank you again everyone!

I agree the high amount of progesterone is probably becoming testosterone. It will do this regardless of when you take it. The fenugreek is probably contributing too. IMO stop or reduce these until you deal with the excess testosterone. You can pick up saw palmetto *extract* and/or make spearmint tea. For spearmint tea you use 4 tea bags per cup or a heaping teaspoon, and drink two cups a day. You can use both saw palmetto extract and spearmint if you want especially if the acne is bad, or you may use just one.

The reason to take progesterone cream for 14 days instead of 21 days is to avoid messing up your cycle. Might delay your period or something. I don't think it has other negative effects beyond what progesterone cream might always do.

If you dig through the massage section of the forums a little there should be suggested massage techniques there.

Saw palmetto didn't seem to have any properties for NBE. Is there proof that progesterone turns into that much testosterone in the body? Daidzein is common in the same family which includes legumes, fenugreek and pueraria m which is a phytoestrogen that acts like an androgen. Spearmint releases too many eggs, by increasing LH, which LH administration is used to provide multiple births. Spearmint also increases estradiol which is bad for estrogen dominance. Long or bothersome periods are a sign of too much estrogen. If spearmint is to be used, its probably to be used once at the beginning of the cycle. Green tea is good for reducing DHT, but it seems to work against BE. White peony would be good for lowering testosterone and increasing estrogen, except for when there is already too much estrogen. Nettle, ginseng, and red reishi might be good during menstruation. Hops is good during the luteal phase.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon