Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

ALL the FAT goes to my upper body!

Hello everyone! I'm a biological female with high testosterone and PCOS. I started taking birth control pills and spironolactone since i was 17, but they did nothing for me, they lowered a little bit the testosterone, but if i stop taking them, it gets even worse! So i stopped taking them 6 months ago, but i took fenugreek, fennel, licorice root, hops, sometimes maca root, and l-thyroxine (because of my hypothyroidism) I expected to increase my estrogen levels, and a week ago i checked my hormones-i'm desperate! The estrogen is still low and the testosterone is higher the the normal level a female should have, it seems like nothing works for me! Huh The main problem for me now, is that i gained weight, and everything goes straight to my upper body! No, not to my breast, but to my back, my arms, my stomach, and it's awful. I hate my figure. I have super skinny legs, no butt, and a heavy upper body. Why these herbs don't work for me?! Should i continue taking them or not? I'm so dissappointed. Dodgy

P.S. sorry if i made mistakes, english is not my native language.

Hi Dianette: Do you know that there is a subforum about this subject ? http://breastnexus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=24

This page is very informative : http://www.pcosdietsupport.com/
This forum is all about PCOS : http://soulcysters.com/

My advise is that you should give up MACA ( I know many said that balanced their hormones but for many girls maca increased testosterone).
You could try spearmint tea ( decreases free testosterone and increases estradiol)
Avoid sugar, milk and refined food ( because they increase testosterone)

Take care Smile

Sounds like you need advice and treatment from a naturopath/holistic doctor. I do think diseases can be treated with diet and supplements, but with your thyroid and PCOS I think you need to try stuff under doctors supervision. Best of luck!!

You tried herbs but not really anti androgens things like saw palmetto and spearmint would be better also I think pueraria mirifica lowers testosterone a bit as well as being a stronger phyto estrogen.
You could look up dolls program I think she started with a similar problem.
Sad 

Thank you, guys. The problem is that i can't find PM in my country, and i've tried Saw Palmetto, but it gave me a horrible allergy, my body can't stand this product.

(21-04-2014, 05:37 PM)Diannette Wrote:  Thank you, guys. The problem is that i can't find PM in my country, and i've tried Saw Palmetto, but it gave me a horrible allergy, my body can't stand this product.

Drink spearmint tea twice everyday (or even more if you can), don't exercise too much, don't eat a lot of sugar.
If you want to get rid of stomach fat, either loose weight or buy a corset. Or both. Because then, when you gain weight again it will be literally impossible for it to accumule in the stomach because you're tight lacing. Sit a lot and the fat will go to your thighs and butt, I've read somewhere that the fat cells that are compressed by sitting duplicate faster, something like this. And if you're lucky and following what I said, your fat will go more to your breasts rather than your back and arms.

I have the opposite problem - I look VERY skinny from the hip bone up and fat from the hip bone down. It's not good since my chest is so fatless too /: well that's why I'm here.

I have the opposite problem - I look VERY skinny from the hip bone up and fat from the hip bone down.
[/quote]

Jealous! Tongue

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon