Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

PM with vitex

The answer to this question might be somewhere but I've been digging and digging to no avail. Has anyone taken both PM and vitex at the same time? Can I take vitex all month while cycling PM? The reason for the vitex is low progesterone and I'm hoping it helps to free up some estrogen.
Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hey Jay,

I am not sure if i will be able to answer your question as i am still experimenting.

I had low P due to which i started vitex. In 2 months of taking vitex, my P was in the normal range. I went from 0.52ng/mL to 6.2ng/mL. But note vitex was giving me acne and causing slight dizziness and bloating. And so i had to reduce the dosage and currently i am not able to take more than 2 or 3 500mg capsules in one cycle. i open the capsule and divide the powder into 3/4 dosages. Breasts definitely got fuller and bigger with vitex and firm too.

Once P was in normal range, i started PM in foll phase and vitex in luteal phase. Could not take more than 4 500mg capsules of PM. Got severe diarrhea.

Thats when i felt vitex heats the body and PM has a cooling effect. So combining both would be a good idea. This cycle somewhere on days 9, 10 and 11, i took vitex and PM together. I took 1PM and 1 vitex (both 500mg), divided the capsules into 3 parts cos i think 500mg is strong for my body and took this for 3 days. No diarrhea and no acne. But breasts had a deflated feeling. So i gave up. Maybe i should have given it more time but i was getting disappointed looking at the boobs.

On day 19, i took 1/2 vitex, wow fuller and heavier breasts Smile but acne on the nose and around mouth again Sad . Hence stopped. Still wondering what to do.

That was my experience. I feel if you do not get acne with vitex, you can take vitex for the whole month till your P levels come within the normal range and then take it in luteal only. For me it took 2 months but my P was very low. If your P is very low and E is normal, probably you should try vitex first and after P becomes normal, you can start PM at low dosage and keep experimenting with the dosage subsequently.

Hope that helps. Keep us posted with your plans and results. Good luck Smile

Wow thanks for the in depth response. I'm planning to do a thorough 22 day liver cleanse and detox before starting up again. I'll take your suggestion though and start with vitex alone to see how I respond and how it affects my cycle before adding in the pm. I'll have to figure out eventually once my P is normalized, and I add pm in follicular, if I should keep taking vitex all month or only in luteal...
Thank you!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon