Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

PM and Mirena?

Question 

Hello! I just joined this site about a week ago to do extra research on PM. I've done a lot of reading about PM and how it can mess up your cycles. Well, since about 3 months after starting Mirena, I don't get my periods anymore (I've been on it for a year now). Thus, making cycling difficult. My questions are:

Has anyone achieved results taking PM while on Mirena?
And...is cycling really necessary on a progesterone-based BC?

(I decided to make my own post about this because I only found maybe 4 posts about it and everyone in the comments always seemed to get sidetracked and ended up discussing other forms of birth control. >.< )

I have the exact same question! I've been on Mirena for about 2 months and have only had some spotting since then, so I have no idea where I am in my cycle. I've just started taking PM 500 mg once a day, planning to up that to 1000 mg a day in 2 weeks. But the question is, can I take it every day or do I need to take breaks? And when do I take breaks if I don't have a menstrual cycle?

I read somewhere on here that it's okay to take it every day if you're not ovulating...which Mirena is supposed to prevent. However, you could become estrogen dominant, which could hinder your results. But if that happens, I think you just have to reduce your intake or stop altogether and take phytoprogestin herbs to balance your hormones.

I just decided to wing it and started taking PM when I received my order. I decided against cycling so I started taking it a week before my monthly was due, which caused it to be incredibly delayed - I'm now 9 days late. But I guess I was expecting as much since many women seem to have had this problem. I've been taking 500mg PM 2x a day for 2 weeks now and I'm starting to notice some changes so I'm pretty optimistic about it. Smile

My only concern now is that I read elsewhere that it can make your birth control ineffective...but I'm struggling to see how that could be true for Mirena since it's isolated to your uterus. So if you happen to find any information on that, I would be happy to hear of it.

Have you seen any changes yet?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon