Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Is it a bad idea to take anti-androgenic herbs the day before a blood test for PCOS?

Hi all

I'm having a testosterone level blood test done in a couple of day's time. I hope to establish if I suffer from polycystic ovary syndrome or another androgen-related condition. For the past 3 weeks I've been attempting to treat my androgen-related health problems (acne, hirsutism, anxiety etc.) by taking the following anti-androgen capsule supplements:

400 mg of Spearmint 3 x per day (Swansons brand)
400 mg of Chinese Skullcap 3 x per day (Swansons brand)

Do you think it advisable for me to refrain from taking these herbs a certain amount of time before my blood test? I don't know how much effect they've had on my body since I began them 3 weeks ago as I'm still getting most of my symptoms to more or less the same degree as before. My acne however seems somewhat improved, although that may be down to the effects of other supplememts I've also recently started taking. I'm however concerned that these anti-androgen herbs might affect my test results and consequently prevent me from getting a realistic idea of my imbalances and any potentially serious underlying medical conditions Huh.

I wonder if anyone might be able to help?

Thank you Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon