Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

PM/Fenugreek Progesterone Implant No Cycle ETC

Okay, I know some of you have been around here much longer than I have and might be able to steer me in the right direction because I used the search bar and found 5 unhelpful results.

I am getting the Implanon BC implant on March 11th. I shouldn't have a cycle for the next 3 years on it.

Can I continue to take about 7g of Fenugreek a day on it, or should I switch to PM?

I have a big thing of bulk PM powder still from the first time I tried it and I didn't like it, I felt like it didn't give me good results, but I notice most people use PM while on BC that halts your cycles.

I don't know if those people just don't prefer to have Fenugreek, didn't try it, etc or what.

If I start to get a period regularly while using internal NBE herbs, then is that a sign the herbs are interfering with my cycle and therefore making the BC ineffective?

I know you guys have a place for me to go read and find answers, so pointing me in the right direction is MUCH appreciated.

I'm really new here but I would say wait tell you get the implanon first before changing anything your doing. I was on the implanon for 2 and a half years and had a cycle the whole time. Actually I would sometimes have two a month and it was heavy and long, it was very frustrating. However a good friend of mine loves hers and has no cycle. After implanon I got the paraguard Iud which I had for 1 year exactly before I had to have it surgically removed after it moved. Now I'm on depo and love it. Birth control effects everyone differently.

(25-02-2014, 11:15 PM)kaykay7474 Wrote:  I'm really new here but I would say wait tell you get the implanon first before changing anything your doing. I was on the implanon for 2 and a half years and had a cycle the whole time. Actually I would sometimes have two a month and it was heavy and long, it was very frustrating. However a good friend of mine loves hers and has no cycle. After implanon I got the paraguard Iud which I had for 1 year exactly before I had to have it surgically removed after it moved. Now I'm on depo and love it. Birth control effects everyone differently.

I was already on birth control. I took a progesterone minipill for 2 years and only took a week off every 3 months to allow for a cycle. I was really bad about taking it though which is why I went off. Sometimes I would forget a pill or two and it would cause me spotting, but also bad cramps. I know I don't get my cycle on progesterone only BC if I don't cycle it. I won't do an IUD for pretty much that exact reason. The copper ones can even get imbedded into your uterus. At least if something happens in my arm, it's not as big a deal to just cut it open a bit and pull the thing out.

Yeah paragard is the copper IUD I was pretty lucky that it didn't do more damage when it moved. What gets me is implanon is progestin and so is depo provera. However implanon made me bleed like a stuck pig and Depo I have no period. Maybe its the delivery of the BC.

(26-02-2014, 06:55 PM)kaykay7474 Wrote:  Yeah paragard is the copper IUD I was pretty lucky that it didn't do more damage when it moved. What gets me is implanon is progestin and so is depo provera. However implanon made me bleed like a stuck pig and Depo I have no period. Maybe its the delivery of the BC.

Maybe your body couldn't handle the higher doses of progesterone that the implant gives? But you're right, that is weird. Are you doing anything else differently when on the two different birth controls?

No not that I can think of. Definitely weird. On another note, I Think my body likes the mix of DEPO and PM. Ive had good growth in a short time, my mood is way better, and I have energy to spare. Just my experience so far. I never gave fenugreek a try so I don't know about that. And I don't think PM can interfere with BC but I could be wrong. My friend who is on her second implanon implant says she still sometimes gets a small period so I guess keep that in mind if you do bleed after not for some time.

(26-02-2014, 09:22 PM)kaykay7474 Wrote:  No not that I can think of. Definitely weird. On another note, I Think my body likes the mix of DEPO and PM. Ive had good growth in a short time, my mood is way better, and I have energy to spare. Just my experience so far. I never gave fenugreek a try so I don't know about that. And I don't think PM can interfere with BC but I could be wrong. My friend who is on her second implanon implant says she still sometimes gets a small period so I guess keep that in mind if you do bleed after not for some time.

Well the depo keeps it in balance with the PMs estrogen so that makes sense. Hopefully it keeps up that way. I really like fenugreek. I don't know why it works better for me than PM if it's a weaker phytoestrogen, maybe I need to do some research on it chemically to see what differs between them. I think PM can interfere with BC if the BC is estrogen based as opposed to progesterone based, but I don't even know any estrogen based forms off the top of my head. A pill of some sort I'm sure. And thank you that'll be helpful if down the line I get a period.

Yh you could try pm you shouldn't need to cycle on the implant but that means stick to a lower dose.
I had great fast results using depo and pm I got past 40" with it now I'm trying to get past 44" I would be tempted to use pm again.
But I want to give fenugreek a go I can buy seeds and other nbe herb here so cheap and I love herbal teas how do you use fenugreek?

(27-02-2014, 08:03 AM)BonitaDDs Wrote:  Yh you could try pm you shouldn't need to cycle on the implant but that means stick to a lower dose.
I had great fast results using depo and pm I got past 40" with it now I'm trying to get past 44" I would be tempted to use pm again.
But I want to give fenugreek a go I can buy seeds and other nbe herb here so cheap and I love herbal teas how do you use fenugreek?

I literally just pop 4 capsules 3x a day sometimes with food, sometimes without. When I'm on FG I always get swelling and tingling, and I can see a difference while I'm on it. PM doesn't do that for me, but since people always get such great results with progesterone BC and PM I might give it a go. I bought like, a 6 month supply of bulk powder when I tried it. May as well use it up.

(26-02-2014, 09:22 PM)kaykay7474 Wrote:  No not that I can think of. Definitely weird. On another note, I Think my body likes the mix of DEPO and PM. Ive had good growth in a short time, my mood is way better, and I have energy to spare. Just my experience so far. I never gave fenugreek a try so I don't know about that. And I don't think PM can interfere with BC but I could be wrong. My friend who is on her second implanon implant says she still sometimes gets a small period so I guess keep that in mind if you do bleed after not for some time.
(27-02-2014, 08:03 AM)BonitaDDs Wrote:  Yh you could try pm you shouldn't need to cycle on the implant but that means stick to a lower dose.
These two, and hundreds of others here. IMO continue with only the fenugreek for now then after depo use both PM and fenugreek.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon