Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Is this anti androgen combination safe for a female?

Hi all

I wonder if anyone might be able to advise me?
I'm currently suffering severe symptoms of high androgens (painful and persistent cystic acne, oily skin, excess hair growth etc.). I tried drinking 4 cups of spearmint tea per day for a few weeks, but unfortunately didn't experience an improvement. I'm now looking to start taking 2x 400mg of Swansons Spearmint Capsules per day and also 2x Chinese Skullcap capsules per day. Is this combination too strong for a female? Should I perhaps go with just one of these 2 anti-androgens?

Thank you very much for any help - I really appreciate it!

i'm unable to intelligently Sad comment on the items you mentioned but two long distance girlfriends of mine have taken a product called androease to reduce their levels of testosterone with some degree of success, that is, they seemed to be happy with it. atm, all i can remember is that it's a combination of concentrated natural ingredients. oops, i haven't done a search here to see if it's been discussed before. it probably has cuz i'm usually the last one to find out. good luck. Shy

(18-02-2014, 04:23 AM)Maple Wrote:  Hi all

I wonder if anyone might be able to advise me?
I'm currently suffering severe symptoms of high androgens (painful and persistent cystic acne, oily skin, excess hair growth etc.). I tried drinking 4 cups of spearmint tea per day for a few weeks, but unfortunately didn't experience an improvement. I'm now looking to start taking 2x 400mg of Swansons Spearmint Capsules per day and also 2x Chinese Skullcap capsules per day. Is this combination too strong for a female? Should I perhaps go with just one of these 2 anti-androgens?

Thank you very much for any help - I really appreciate it!

Hi Maple,
Is there a reason for needing the 2 AA's?, have you had a comprehensive hormone panel?. Both CS and spearmint have there place and effectiveness in NBE, just helps to know what your goal is!.

Chinese Skullcap Inhibits the 5alpha-reductase enzyme-
Baicalein has been shown to inhibit the 5alpha-reductase enzyme, which converts testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT). DHT is strongly associated with the development of prostate enlargement (benign prostatic hyperplasia) and prostate cancer. As such, baicalein is reported to be potentially useful for the prevention and/or treatment of androgen-dependent (testosterone-driven) disorders, including prostate enlargement and prostate cancer.

Spearmint-anti-androgenic properties reduce the level of free testosterone in the blood, while leaving total testosterone and DHEAS unaffected.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon