Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

PM and PCOS (Re-post)

I just posted this to the old forum.... Realised I should probably post in the new from now on...

Hey guys,

I just wanted to give an update on my situation, and perhaps see if anyone else has experienced anything similar... Also, any girls with PCOS using PM, I'd really love to hear from you! (Louise, Meekha...)

As posted in an earlier thread, I'd been on PM for roughly 5 months since May (900mg/day, 14 days/cycle, starting last day of period—Bella's method), although I haven't taken for about 2 months now.

In this time I've experienced irregular periods (which I'd never had before taking PM), a significant increase in facial acne (lower face, chin, jawline), anxiety and hair loss. I finally went to the doctor this week who referred me for an ultrasound and blood tests. I haven't been back to get the results of my blood test, but the radiologist screening my ovaries told me that the right one was affected with cysts. I read the concluding report which determines I have mild PCOS.

I'm really sore at myself for having potentially bought this on myself. Clearly I've caused myself an hormonal imbalance with my PM regimen. Though whether I would have developed PCOS without PM use is hard to say. I always had slight/mild acne, a masculine-type shape and my hair was beginning to thin before PM... so it could have always been on the cards. But given that the cysts are only slight and affecting one ovary, I also think it's conceivable to suggest that it's a recent development...

How confusing and annoying!

But it's my own fault.

If there are any girls out there with PCOS using PM, I'm really interested to hear how you manage your PCOS whilst pursing NBE.

I know that BCP, particularly Yaz is prescribed for PCOS, but I really have no desire to go on the pill. I'd prefer to go on an androgen blocker such as Spironolactone or Finasteride... does anyone have any experience with these medications?

Also, is it still possible to use low doses of internal PM (300g or less) with PCOS, has anyone tried this?

Any help would be most appreciated!

Glad to see this forum is starting to get some threads going!

Hey, sorry to hear about the PCOS! Hope things improve for you. I believe Meekha was only using PM cream, but she was taking goat's rue, and a couple oils like flaxseed and EPO maybe. She was getting results too. If I could find her more recent post about her results, I would post. But I did find the thread she posted in about what she was using...

http://www.network54.com/Forum/484965/th...ew+Ro-Bust

Good luck.

Hey Shy, thanks for the info and the link. I'll be sure to check it out.

I'm going for the results of my blood test tomorrow. I've read that you can have cysts without the syndrome, so I'm hoping that's the case! (I am prone to thinking the worst, so maybe I've jumped the gun somewhat).

Anyway.... fingers crossed!

did you ever get your results?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon