Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

My new program

I forgot to mention, when I gain weight, my bony chest remains bony and fat only gets distributed to my arms, belly, butt and thighs. My face and chest are the first places to lose weight and I tend to get sunken-in looking cheeks and eyes when I do lose weight, making me look tired.

Also, I have very oily skin with a tendency to get congested pores very easily that I keep under control with a very thorough skincare regimen. But I still get it on my back and upper arms/shoulders/chest if I'm not very careful with what I eat. I do not do well with dairy and wheat or sugar and avoid those as much as I can. I'm following a paleo diet focused on whole foods and healthy fats so I think that would be helpful to NBE.

Is this a classic characteristic of any specific hormonal profile or anything? (low estrogen, high androgens...) I think my androgens are elevated and throwing everything off but I'm trying to lower them with spearmint tea and saw palmetto.

Please feel free to chime in!

Thanks

Are you loosing weight very fast ? my older sister did a diet and lost 20 pounds very fast, her face aged alot and now she has a bony chest but still have big boobs,

I'm not losing weight fast, I've actually been at this weight for years, apart from my 2 pregnancies of course..it's the way my body is I guess..

jaybee11, it sounds like we have some similar problems. I have really awful skin and I'm sure it's due to high androgens. I've read that lowering sugar and carbs helps a lot. My main goal for this month is to cut back on sugar.

Also, as far as I've read, you don't need both saw palmetto and spearmint. You can use just one or the other. Spearmint is stronger.

(03-03-2014, 10:36 PM)blessedbreasts Wrote:  jaybee11, it sounds like we have some similar problems. I have really awful skin and I'm sure it's due to high androgens. I've read that lowering sugar and carbs helps a lot. My main goal for this month is to cut back on sugar.

Also, as far as I've read, you don't need both saw palmetto and spearmint. You can use just one or the other. Spearmint is stronger.

I agree with blessedbreast, if you need an antiandrogen use spearmint. SP is more useful in women with PCOS.

Thanks to both of you.
The reason for SP is it will hopefully help with hair loss I'm experiencing, although I'm still unsure whether the hairloss was due to excessive green tea consumption. Also, I don't really have a lot of body hair but for some reason I have some on my lower back although it's fine hair. Not sure if that's normal and a lot of women have it or not. So I'm also expecting the SP to help with that hair too as well as helping with the oily skin and such. I'm not sure if spearmint tea helps with all of that since the SP might be doing more action than only anti androgen.
I will finish my SP anyway...and probably stop if the spearmint is enough.

Also, the Breast Actives I take during luteal as a multi herbal, I'm thinking is not very practical to take, 2 a day still gives pretty low doses of ingredients. When I'm through with those I may switch to individual herbs again. Need to decide which.

I understand your point: you want to inhibit 5ar that create dht. But if you take spearmint you will reduce testosterone ( include DHT).
If you feel that is helping you with your goals, continue with SP.
In my case I think SP no only reduce DHT also affect estrogen levels.

The problem is when I drink more than one strong cup of spearmint tea it starts giving me a bad headache and I don't know what dosage is required to be effective, or if one daily and consistently will be enough.

(05-03-2014, 02:16 AM)jaybee11 Wrote:  The problem is when I drink more than one strong cup of spearmint tea it starts giving me a bad headache and I don't know what dosage is required to be effective, or if one daily and consistently will be enough.

Ýou could try the pill form then.
Another choice to fight DHT : chinese skullcap.

Read this: http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=19593 Take care Smile

Thanks for the suggestion!! I haven't been taking spearmint long enough so I'll keep it up a little longer to see if it helps.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon