Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Reasons NOT to get breast implants...

I know this is a forum for surgery, so thought those contemplating implants should be educated on what they are getting themselves into.

A lady on the noogleberry forum posted this link http://www.siliconeholocaust.org/ and the pictures and stories on this site shocked even me! And I have heard some major horror stories from real women who have gotten their implants taken out! I think ANYONE thinking about implants needs to take a gander at it.

Now, I posted a thread on the noogleberry forum about the reasons not to get implants, I'm going to copy and paste the responses here for others to read...

Anastasia916
Just another reason not to get implants...
« on: December 10, 2009, 04:48:41 AM »
Okay, so I was watching TV while noogling and flipped through the channels and seen that one of the shows I like was on, it's called "1000 ways to die" comes on the Spike channel for those in the states. Well this show is how it sounds, they tell stories of freak accidents etc. of how people have died. Well this one lady died by her implants, but not in a way I ever heard of. She went to a cheap surgeon and he put implants in her that shouldn't even be used...two weeks later she got on a plane, and once the plane got to a certain altitude her implants started expanding because of gases starting to create inside the implants, so they expanded and expanded until they exploded! That is just scary. I'm glad I never opted for implants and this is just one more reason to never even consider them.

Rafferty
Re: Just another reason not to get implants...
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 05:38:00 AM »
What a terrible way to go! I'm with you Anastasia. I would never want implants in my body!

chloespeaks
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 06:35:44 PM »
Wow I had heard that one, but I always thought that it was "one of those" stories!

we should begin compiling a list of 100 Reasons Why NOT to Get Breast Implants.

Anastasia916
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 09:59:59 PM »
Quote Modify Remove
Sounds like a good idea Chloe, maybe I'll start it, number one...because you could explode and die in an airplane!

Teeny Tiny
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2009, 11:57:20 PM »
Number 2 - Because if they don't use the right filler they could become black and toxic, and could end up killing you if they ever rupture.
Report to moderator Logged
Happy noogling!!!

Teeny Tiny

Anastasia916
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 03:17:43 AM »
Quote Modify Remove
number 3- you can't be buried or cremated with them in, they have to take them out first

number 4- they look fake

djwhog
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2009, 03:41:45 AM »
number 5 feel fake too...

wannabecee
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2009, 03:43:57 AM »
Number 6 - you lose sensation in the nipples

Anastasia916
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2009, 05:09:32 AM »
Quote Modify Remove
number 7- with them you can't breastfed your children

Teeny Tiny
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2009, 01:01:58 PM »
Number 8 - The pain, nausea, vomiting, and recovery time that you can experience after surgery.

Number 9 - The risk of improper placement and having to go through it all over again to fix the idiot doctors mistake.
Not to mention the pain and illness this problem causes (my sister went through it).

Number 10 - The risk of being permanently disfigured or dying if there are any complications or infections caused by the procedure.

Number 11 - The risk of allergic reaction to or the body trying to reject the material used for the implant.

Number 12 - The possibility of one leaking and deflating, giving you uneven breasts, and having to have it refilled.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 01:06:58 PM by Teeny Tiny » Report to moderator Logged
Happy noogling!!!

Teeny Tiny

Anastasia916
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2009, 05:29:02 PM »
Quote Modify Remove
13- little known fact but I have talked to many women with implants, implants do have an expiration date, you have to get them replaced I believe it's 5 to 10 years! So you would have to have the surgery every 5 to 10 years for the rest of your life.

14- if you should ever decide not to want them, you will be left with nothing but empty skin

15- it is unnecessary surgery, and you could have surgery awakeness or awareness while under anesthesia. This is where you cannot move, cannot talk, but you feel everything going on, hear everything, OUCH! I'm scared of having surgery if it's NEEDED much less if it's not!

chloespeaks
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2009, 10:23:30 PM »
16 - They are not maintenance free. You're supposed to massage them every day for the rest of their short life span. Why not noogle instead?

Anastasia916
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2009, 09:43:58 AM »
17- most men prefer real breasts over fake, go ask some!

cangelive
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2009, 10:48:17 AM »
I heard this story.She was an actress .And she played the fairy with big boobies in Quasimodo movie.Sad story though...

If you have anything to add to any of this, please feel free!

Also wanted to add these two sites about reasons not to get implants...

http://www.paulkienitz.net/no-implants.html

http://www.paulkienitz.net/more-reasons.html

warning though, there are topless pics on these two links, so use caution when looking at them.

I just saw the 1000 ways to Die clip on you tube. Sad ! That was soo sad and it must of been painful. Anyway, I understand why people get breast implants, but I wish more people would re consider the risk. It may seem like a simple procedure but its not. My aunt died from liposuction in her arm. Doctors are not warning people about these risk. For example, Breast implant have to be replaced and what if the person doesn't have the money to replace them in the future. Plus smaller natural breast are at least soft and sweet. Smile

I don't think they will ever actually warn people of the risks, if they did there wouldn't be so many plastic surgery procedures per year. I'm sorry that happened to your aunt, did your family at least do something about it to get the surgeon's right to practice taken?

And yes I understand why some get boob jobs done, but from a song of Shakira "my breasts are small and humble, so you don't confuse them with mountains" Wink I'd rather them be small and humble then big, fake, and dangerous!

Yeah, The jerks said my family didn't have a case because we didn't have proof the surgery was the cause of her death. We all knew it was the cause. I just looked at the statistics for breast implants and I couldn't believe my eyes. Where are people getting the money for this. D: I thought it was mainly for celebrities and rich people. (btw keira knightley is my idol for staying small natural and beautiful)

Did you go to different lawyers? Some are jerks, others are very helpful. I didn't get any money from a case, but didn't want money, just wanted the doctor not to be able to practice anymore... the doctor that delivered my son, almost killed my son with his decisions, and sowed me up incorrectly and caused nerve damage that for almost a year I could not have sex and enjoy it after. Well I was able to use my testimony to help someone else that was messed up cause of this doctor, she was 13, was raped but didn't want to kill the child just because of some asshole, so she was going to have the baby and give it up for adoption, well she was very tiny and needed a c-section, he made her deliver vaginally! And almost killed her and the child, and her uterus fell out! Now she can no longer have kids, her family decided to keep the child since it is the only one she will ever have. Well I helped her case and proved he was unfit to practice medicine, and now he can no longer. So there are always ways.

And yes I think natural sizes small B to small D look really good Wink

D=! That's awful. At least these doctors cant hurt anymore innocent people. The doctor should of known a small 13 year old can not handle the burden of a vaginal birth.

Yea he was a complete idiot, I told him that while he was in the room with me, I told him the nurse that was there with me the entire time (I was in labor 12 hours) should make the shots because she apparently knows more about this then he does. He wasn't my OB/GYN, my doctor was on vacation when my son decided he wanted to be born. My son almost died because they could not find his heartbeat at about 15 min before I was able to push him out, we had to rush the pushing because of this fact. My son came out blue, not breathing and they had to do CPR on him. They did it while he was still attached to his cord and to me, that's how bad it was. I laughed like hell when he did come to, he peed all over the doctor Big Grin but yea, then the doctor got the afterbirth out and went to sow me up, ended up hitting a blood vessel, blood squirted across the room, so he had to fix that, then he sowed me up crooked and too much, this causing me nerve damage, it still hurts now and then. When my son's heartbeat was no longer being located they should have rushed me into emergency c-section, or told me to push, he told me not to push, even when I started pushing he was telling me to stop. I literally said "fuck you my baby is dying". The nurse was even telling him when they couldn't find the heartbeat and they should take me to surgery. The doctor pretty much laughed it off.

As far as the 13 year old girl, she approached me, we ended up going to lawyers in the same firm, so they realized I had a problem with the same doctor she did. She asked for my testimony and of course I gave it, she got alot of money from the case, which she very well deserved. I wasn't interested in that. I just didn't want him to be able to practice anymore. I'm sure the money was used to help her parents take care of her child since it is the only one she will ever have. The most astonishing thing is she was a very strong person for being so young. I just feel bad for what happened.

I think the next time I have a baby I'm going to go with a female doctor and make sure I don't have the baby when they aren't available lol.

Anastasia, that´s just terrible!! What a delivery, sounds like some horror movie! I´m happy your son is alright, and that the other girl is okay too. I found out that sometimes nurses or midwives know alot more about deliveries than doctors. When I had my son the doctor didn´t do a thing, he just stood there some minutes and went to have some coffee. There was a midwife who helped me through it and it turned out fine. Afterwards the doctor´s fees were much higher, it was ridiculous.
So when I was pregnant with my daughter we decided to have a homebirth with this midwife - yeah I know it was a bit risky, but we´d get to the hospital if there was any trouble. The thing was, my girl´s head was faced the wrong way, so there was no way she would be able to get out without a csection. At least, that´s what a doctor would´ve said. But this midwife, she used some ancient technique to turn her around and she was out in no time!
I was very very happy. Smile
So yeah, doctors are a bit overrated in my opinion...

Yea, if hubby gets out the military I want to have my next child in my hometown, where I started getting my paps done from this nurse practitioner/midwife, I want her to deliver my next one, but I am high risk pregnancy and birth so would have to do it in a hospital, but she does go to hospitals. I just think now like you, most doctors are overrated. But yea, I've actually looked with a mirror "down there" and I have a scar from him sowing me wrong, it looks crooked. Good thing only me and hubby see it lol. Hubby tries to be nice and says he doesn't notice, but he also didn't see it before pregnancy, so.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon