Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Bra measurements and sizes

Before I started NBE I never paid that much attention to breasts, it made simply not much sense to think a lot about it. After I found out that it is possible to change the size I became pretty obsessed with itTongue and also learned more about it.

Anyway, before NBE I thought I was an A and wore B and then I found out I was an AA. I could wear bigger bras, with padded ones it is very easy to fill them, but the actual size is another thing. I also see many girls make mistakes about their sizes, in order to call yourself an A you need at least 13cm=5'' difference between the bust and the underbust. If they are completely full, than it is possible that you fill a bra with less circumference, but most commonly they are not full, you do have a gap. After reaching an A, the difference between the cup sizes is not that big, but to reach an A is a long way. MOst of girls call themselves an A even with 5-10cm difference between the bust and under bust, but actually an A starts with much more tissue. Please see the table.

With a different system, adding 4'' if your band size measurement is an even nuber and 5'' if its an odd nuber and substracting from the bust size, you get the same result.
0''-no difference is an AA
1'' difference is an A,
2'' is a B...
In the charts they say <1 is AA and less. Many girls get the result -2'' or even -3'' and I don't think there is such a thing as AAAAA.

I think there's more to it than just the difference between bust and underbust. For me, 30A is certainly too small even though I certainly have < 5 inch difference. You also have to take into consideration breast size/shape/density and what kind of breast root you have. Some styles are also better suited to one shape versus another.

It is more than just a difference, the fullness and shape does matter, there is a science about shapes too, for example if they are empty on top, you will have gaps on top even with the measurements like in the table. But in your case it is actually very unlikely that an A is too small for you with only 3'' difference, maybe you need bigger band size or your bras have a lot of padding or were cut smaller or not well. As I already said I could wear B cup, especially if padded, but if you like look at it in a tight T-shirt without a bra you see its very, very little tissue. Even if I do fit a bigger bra sometimes, I don't have much volume= cc, it cannot be much. I don't think that measurements are wrong and I prefer not to convince myself I was bigger than I am, simply because I can fit a bigger bra sometimes, it also depends on the label, not only the cut. And a bra is not filled only when there are no gaps, actually in most modern styles (abstract from fullcup for a moment) a big part of the breast is not in the bra, it covers only about the 60% of the breast and if you wear a size bigger than you are, most of your breast is inside of a bra, but it would still fit, if you understand what I mean. If I had more fullness, I would look much bigger and also fit bigger sizes better, but as I already said the most small girls don't have much fullness. A good cleavage comes also mostly with bigger sizes, seldom make small sizes a good cleavage.

According to the add 4/5 inches system, I should be a 32AA, but I really don't think that is the proper band size considering how often the band rides up. A 30 band is infinitely more comfortable. I have several 30As; some are clearly too small, and some look like they fit at first but all of them cut into the breast tissue.

Quote:As I already said I could wear B cup, especially if padded, but if you like look at it in a tight T-shirt without a bra you see its very, very little tissue. Even if I do fit a bigger bra sometimes, I don't have much volume= cc, it cannot be much. I don't think that measurements are wrong and I prefer not to convince myself I was bigger than I am
All my bras have at least a little padding as I prefer molded cups. Is that what you're referring to? To me, the cup size label doesn't matter much. Whether I'm an AA or a B, I still look the same bare.

Quote:And a bra is not filled only when there are no gaps, actually in most modern styles (abstract from fullcup for a moment) a big part of the breast is not in the bra, it covers only about the 60% of the breast and if you wear a size bigger than you are, most of your breast is inside of a bra, but it would still fit, if you understand what I mean.
I do know what you mean. Demi-cup 32As fit me all but perfectly (it would appear) for this exact reason.

(28-12-2013, 07:53 PM)prettylily Wrote:  All my bras have at least a little padding as I prefer molded cups. Is that what you're referring to? To me, the cup size label doesn't matter much. Whether I'm an AA or a B, I still look the same bare.

Well, for me the chart is good so that I don't think I was bigger than I am, because some bigger bras fit, but without a bra I can see that I am very small and another thing - they are changing/growing and I need something to relate to to know where I am standing. For that purpose I find the chart more reliable. My difference bust-underbust is 12cm, but they are still very small, I thought they will be much bigger with that difference, I think that is also the reason why I trust the chart more, I think the chart won't be very untrue for me.

(28-12-2013, 05:44 PM)rateset Wrote:  Before I started NBE I never paid that much attention to breasts, it made simply not much sense to think a lot about it. After I found out that it is possible to change the size I became pretty obsessed with itTongue and also learned more about it.

Anyway, before NBE I thought I was an A and wore B and then I found out I was an AA. I could wear bigger bras, with padded ones it is very easy to fill them, but the actual size is another thing. I also see many girls make mistakes about their sizes, in order to call yourself an A you need at least 13cm=5'' difference between the bust and the underbust. If they are completely full, than it is possible that you fill a bra with less circumference, but most commonly they are not full, you do have a gap. After reaching an A, the difference between the cup sizes is not that big, but to reach an A is a long way. MOst of girls call themselves an A even with 5-10cm difference between the bust and under bust, but actually an A starts with much more tissue. Please see the table.

With a different system, adding 4'' if your band size measurement is an even nuber and 5'' if its an odd nuber and substracting from the bust size, you get the same result.
0''-no difference is an AA
1'' difference is an A,
2'' is a B...
In the charts they say <1 is AA and less. Many girls get the result -2'' or even -3'' and I don't think there is such a thing as AAAAA.

Oh no if you the add 4 or5 inches will give most people an incorrect sized bra with a baggy band and too small cups so no you were most likely an a or b as you thought originally.
You probably don't realise your bras with the add 4-5 inch method don't fit because being small you breast are less likely to bonce or weigh the loose band out of place but for me I have a 30in underbust and 43-44 in bust and if I wear a 34f/g it offers no support at all even though the cups are the right size if I pull the band tight because the 34 inch band is so big it will move all day with moving my arms and bouncing down stairs 30 is my best fitting band size in most bras but 32 is easier to find in gg cup its funny because I really don't have a small build and I see women much smaller than me thinking they are 34 band their bras must do nothing for them.
As for adding 5 inches to get an a cup no the general rule is less than an inch from your true under bust measurement is AAA one inch aa two inches a cup BUT really inches to cup size is only a guideline these days its common for bra fitters(in the UK best place I have found for bras) to measure only the under bust to find band size the find cup size from trying different bras also its important to remember your size will be different in each brand as all styles and brands are different.
For me to buy a bra unless I'm familiar with the brand its very important to try on anything that's not great fit can do more harm than going braless.

(28-12-2013, 09:26 PM)BonitaDDs Wrote:  Oh no you the add 4 or5 inches will give most people an incorrect sized bra with a baggy band and too small cups so no you were most likely an a or b as you thought originally.

No, trust me originally I wasn't neither an A nor B, I had just 6cm difference, but I could wear bigger padded bras. The band they suggest for me is 75 and that is the size I have always been wearing,before I knew about charts, it isn't baggy, that is the right band size. It is actually not that hard to calculate the right band, that's no higher mathematics for standard sizes B,C,D, it maybe for supersizes more complicated,otherwise its not, to calculate the cup size is more difficult. I don't want to speak for anyone else, but for me what they calculated seems to be true, now I have 12cm difference and I am no way a B, what I thought I will be. Not every country has the same method for calculating, not every country adds 4'' or 5'' , but they all agree that you need at least 13cm to get to an A and that seems to be the truth for me, I didn't expect it, but it seems to be the truth. When I get bigger I can say more if the table is correct for me, but till now it is true that I need more circumference to get to a B.

I just wander if it really can be that there is only an inch difference between the sizes after reaching an A. I'll see about that when I get that far. BIgger girls can actually say if it seems to be true? Are you a cup size bigger if you gain an inch (if your starting size is at least a full A)?

Well I was a 32c/d at 36in start size so the adding 3inches for a doesn't make much sense I have never heard that actually yes its approximately an inch difference per cup but obviously depending also on breast shape because an across measurement only measures the cheast not the actual size of the breast this is why working cup size from only inches is only a guide which is why most fitters go by actually trying different cups with the measured band size.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon